Notices

Thread: OPS Engine

1. OPS Engine 
    Can anyone tell me about OPS brand engines. I bought a used Prather deep vee 40" that I'm going to redo. It came with an OPS 0.45 inboard that needs rebuilt. Are thease engines worth the trouble of rebuilding? Anyone know where to get parts? Also I have to repaint the fiberglass boat. Any recomandations on paint would be helpful....Thanks.

i never heard of OPS....only OS http://www.osengines.com/

OPS are fine. Out of Italy and I think the parts are reasonable. Aeromarine Laminates is a distributer for OPS in the States.
    Adam

Many of the 1/8th scale hydro drivers use OPS .67s. They have always run well and usually placed in the top 5. That says a lot when you have normally 40+ boats at a race

oh ok...im just another noob

No, just not as well travelled as some of us. Besides, how long have you been around R/C Boats? In my case, it's been almost 25 years

1 year

so where do you find parts for them, ops motors, hydro junkie? I got mine from my pops "dad" and he could never get it running and i finally did but my belt to start it broke. this belt stuff is kinda goofy. What are different options, if any, to convert how i start it .thank you every one for your help and info i really appreciate