Notices

Thread: too poor to build it

1. too poor to build it 
    so i was at excell motorsports the other day and saw a jet ski for sale and in that jet skit had a close to 200 hp 4 stroke 6cyl motor that was about 20 inches long.......that that is meant to propel 3 adults to 70 mph....i would strap that on a frame with some custom made everythings and go from there......i think that would about do it......then to top it off use the laughable but rule abiding body of a school bus......that would be what i would build

very bad idea

where in lies the bad idea? with enough money it would work well...

Just put a real short real tall funny car body onit,,,,,, DUDE YOU GOT SOMETHIN THERE!

And you would need a big tank of water on top to get propell your car with a jet-ski engine ;-) But then, thrust powered cars are not allowed...

wow. youll go through tire quick

im sure it has some type of drive train that can be machined to it........thus the header here too poor to build it....but a guy can dream

it is not the motor that creates the propel that is the tranny so x the tranny and bingo like a pressure washer but it beter have titanium wheele bars

You sure the motor was 20" that seems way to small for a 6cyl jet ski motor.
    -----====Speedtester====-----

What's the size of a rotary on an RX-8 is what I'm thinking.
    Don't be so humble, you're not that great
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

It doesn't matter when it burns out.

"It doesn't matter when it burns out."
    hope this comment was not towards the rotary motor, if so I have a stock 83 rx7 with 180,000 miles in garage that would like to meet you, how many domestic car from the eightys are still on the road with that many miles of a stock motor?

the only real problem with using a full size car engine is the tranny, but if you use say a honda motor and tranny out of a front wheel drive car and drive the rear wheels........hey thats a good idea....the rules say a length limit but didn't see a width limit....my stock crx would clear 100, I wonder what it would do with the same motor and half the size and weight????....its my idea, nobody can use it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0dohc
    ....its my idea, nobody can use it!!!
    Ah, please!!? I just went out and bought an RX-8 engine yesterday and wanted to start constructing the chassis over the weekend...
    I can put "Disigned by <your name>" at the front. :-)

And you're right, RX-7's are way cool and fast!