Notices

Thread: Miss Budweiser Electric Conversion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Miss Bud 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosati
    The Miss Bud would need so serious waterproofing around the hatch because she picks up a lot of water just in normal running. Your motor, esc and packs are all prone to water damage.
    Double tape, by putting one row of tape on and then put another row of tape below the first row or above the first row. Take your time doing this. I use black electric tape and have used the same tape 4 times over as long as sticky side is dry. Ok, also use a small diameter hose between coupler and stuffing tube. This prevents losing prop and cable if couple loose grip. Last, get some waterproof goop and put on end of stuffing tube when cable meets coupler. put a dab of oil on cable till goop dries. Leave about 1/2" open between end of stuffing tube and coupler. Reason for goop is less water in boat thru stuffing tube. Where rudder rod comes thru boot , put half full of grease to keep water out. If your having water entering Bud,spend a lot of time looking for the problem in the bathtub and splash water. Too many boats go to bottom and i have lost my best boat this spring but my cells vented and blew cover off and sank. It gives you a SICK feeling and everything gets REAL quiet around you!! Hope this helps!

2. 9V Radio Batterys 
    Hi Again
    DlM is right about using 9V batterys to power the receiver.I have seen this done at many races. I have been doing this for about five years. The biggest problem is rembering to shut the thing off when i'm done with it. Anyway you can save about 3 oz using a 9v instead of 4 AA's. Use only the better Alkaline types. If you try the much cheaper standard heavy duty types,you will not make it very far. They can't even supply eneough power to last one run. The alkaline types can last all summer . If the 9V part bothers you ,a rechargeable 9v type can be used instead. They claim to be replacement for a 9v battery but, if you read the voltage on the battery it will say 7.2v.You just have to rember to keep the charge up. n.h.schmidt

We now stock a 5mm to 3mm flex coupler to help convert the Nitro Bud and Nitro Hammer to 700 brushed electric or brushless electric power.

Steven Vaccaro
    www.OffshoreElectrics.com

i am about to set out on this conversion myself,luckily i picked up one of these miss bud's,that another person,for some stupid reason,wanted the motor and radio out of it,and never ran the boat!! anywho,i plan on running a trinity monster maxx pro 17-turn 550 mod,direct thru the stock shaft and prop and a proboat esc,and run her on 10-cell 2400SCR ni-cads. my only concerns,is that when i piled all the parts on the boat,and weighed it,it came out to 4 lbs. 7 ozs. does that sound heavy for this size of a hydroplane? or is that heavy? i don't know what the miss bud weighs RTR with a full tank of fuel,so,i am guessing here. any input would be great. i have a graupner speed 700BB neodym comming,and i have a kyosho 14.4 volt water cooled esc,if i want to go the 12-cell route,but that will come out over 5 lbs. tell me what ya think folks.

this may be my inexperience with FE's talking...but isn't 10 cells a little too much for a trinity 550?

the trinity monster maxx 550's are made for 14.4 volts,so i don't think 12 will hurt them,i run 10 cells on my hammer ep,with the same motor,and have no problems at all,motor barely gets warm,and runs for 15+ minutes on a charge.

just checking, all of my trinity motors say not to run them on more than 6 cells. but i guess it would make sense that a "monster" motor could take more.

8. Cool  
    That particular 550 is a high wind-varient suited to higher voltages. Teaming it with a small prop helps control the amp draw and the heat. Put a big enough prop and some hig voltage 3300 cells on it and it will get plenty hot too. The "normal" 05s are 540s with shorter cans than the 550s have. Trinity's low turn motors (under 10 turns) should not be run at high voltages as they can over-rev or draw excessive current and melt, particularly in direct drive applications.

http://www.rcflix.com/photopost/show...500&ppuser=434
    there is my miss llumar i put the batt pack up in the nose the gas tank mount holds the battery securly for some strange reason any ways still waitin on some hardware it should work though

i got a chance to run my converted miss bud today. ran it on 10 2400 scr cells. ran about 7-9 minutes on a charge. man this thing was cookin'!!! i don't run alot of hydros,so driving them is different for me. it takes a little to get the thing up on plane,eased on the throttle,then bam!! this thing jumped up and gone! my only comparison i have,is i had my girlfriend run my hammer EP(monster maxx pro 17 turn 550,proboat esc,8-cell 24 SCR's,octura Y535) and my miss bud flat smoked it!!! so,i am very impressed with this conversion,the monster maxx pro 550,watercooled,and waterproof proboat esc,seem very well matched for this set-up. weight came out to 4.7 lbs. took on very little water,and motor,batteries,and esc were barely warm. i like it. here are some pics of the set-up. last pic,shows i have way to many projects setting around.ya think?
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 48chebbie
    i got a chance to run my converted miss bud today. ran it on 10 2400 scr cells. ran about 7-9 minutes on a charge. man this thing was cookin'!!! i don't run alot of hydros,so driving them is different for me. it takes a little to get the thing up on plane,eased on the throttle,then bam!! this thing jumped up and gone! my only comparison i have,is i had my girlfriend run my hammer EP(monster maxx pro 17 turn 550,proboat esc,8-cell 24 SCR's,octura Y535) and my miss bud flat smoked it!!! so,i am very impressed with this conversion,the monster maxx pro 550,watercooled,and waterproof proboat esc,seem very well matched for this set-up. weight came out to 4.7 lbs. took on very little water,and motor,batteries,and esc were barely warm. i like it. here are some pics of the set-up. last pic,shows i have way to many projects setting around.ya think?
    pic2
    Attached Images

pic3
    Attached Images

pic4
    Attached Images

last pic
    Attached Images