Notices

Thread: Vintage 1/12 forum

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil67 View Post
    Hi Mudguts, thanks for the offer - actually I managed to find my manual/parts list...unfortunately I still haven't found the part I need:

Front-Sprocket KYOC3760 EF-009

If anyone knows anything!!

Thanks.

- sundevil67
    I might have one. I'll have to check.

2. AYK Cyclone parts 
    I have an AYK Cyclone that I got many years ago. I am looking to restore it. My problem is that the original chassis broke. It had a severe weak point on the servo mount for the lower chassis which is where it failed. I'm looking to see if anyone know where I can get a new chassis or possibly a chassis reproduced in graphite that is better than the original which were made of FRP.

3. New member in my parking... 
    Hi retromaniacs! A new member was added in my collection! A Kyosho AXIS,almost brand new !!! Last owner maybe did not know match about it so he sell it for pennies...anyway has some things to do on it because the guy who built it was inexperiensed and made some errors...for me is a 2 hours work.All parts i.e. chassis,shocks,diff is in an brand new condition.
    Errors:
    -wrong size motor (550 size)
    -wrong fit on diff and wing (too tall)
    -very tight front end-I open the gap and lubricate everything
    -there was a very little bent on rear axle...fixd it in no time...
    -put new steering rods,balls etc
    -Bodyshell is just a piece of crap...
    And here is some pics:

pic 1: unpacking from courier woo hoo!
    pic 2: the main chassis:clean,no bents or cracks,but all the mistakes are here!
    pic 3: start cleaning/repairing/replacing/correcting parts....
    pic 4: diff/balls was in an excellent condition! note that pressure washers are missing...no big deal...
    pic5,6: correcting front end...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by nassosaxisex; 04-28-2011 at 02:41 AM.

4. Axis Ex 
    Some more pics:
    the small pic is what I saw before I got... note the silly rims thankfully he sent it with the original wheels...
    pic 2 the model after trimming/matching the rear wing....rear of car you can see the wrong motor...
    Still has work on it so stay tuned!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by nassosaxisex; 04-28-2011 at 02:44 AM.

5. Fantom Sprocket 
    Any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
    I might have one. I'll have to check.

6. Plazma MKII Steering 
    Hi All,
    I am restoring an old Plazma MKII, and am looking to turn it into a threat. My first mod is going to be swapping out the chassis with a graphite version I found from a MKIII "Limited". After that, I'd like to find a way to improve the steering....maybe install something a bit more modern without the slop. Anyone have any experience with this or recommendations for aftermarket replacement components?

Thanks!

Here's a shot of my newest project, a Kyosho Spada....basically a nitro-powered Fantom...I don't know if it qualifies as "vintage" just yet, but I am definitely the only guy on the block with one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
    Hi,

I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would start one. Some of you will say go to the 1/12 forum but that is for all 1/12 in general. This is for all the oldies but goodies. So post here if you have:

Kyosho
    Kawada
    AYK
    Tamiya
    ABC
    Delta
    TRC
    MRP
    Old Assoc before RC12L
    Anything before re-active caster.

Just a little about my collection; I have mostly Kyosho 1/12s (Plazma, Fantom, Axis EX), I also have AYK (Cyclone), and I recently picked up a Hirobo (Ashura). I'm mostly interested in the 4WD types (Not Minis)

So I hope to hear from some of you guys soon. I you guys are out there because I've bidded against many of you on E-bay for vintage parts.
    just looking for what the Ashura are worth... i have a chance to buy 2 in orinagal boxes, and all i can find is a site that cant translate...
    thx scott

Quote Originally Posted by soullesone View Post
    just looking for what the Ashura are worth... i have a chance to buy 2 in orinagal boxes, and all i can find is a site that cant translate...
    thx scott
    The Ashura is super rare. Not sure how to value it. I collect what I can based on how much I like it and what I can find and afford. Its up to you whether its worth whatever cost it is vs. what you are willing to pay.

I've contemplated getting a MIB AYK Cyclone for a long time but I couldn't find it within me to pop out $350 for a shelf queen. Hopefully those Ashuras are a much better deal than that.

Is there anywhere i can get more info on it?

Quote Originally Posted by soullesone View Post
    Is there anywhere i can get more info on it?
    Other than what you can find on Google? No.

I can tell you its 4wd with a dual belt system. The rear diff has a oneway inside it. Thats how it is able to achieve front wheel braking unlike other 4wd 1/12s at the time that had the oneway in the front.

Years ago when this car was around, I saw it run. It was very quiet and very quick and controlled in the corners even on a loose outdoor parking lot track. Even then it was quite expensive and not affordable to me in my younger days. I was lucky to have picked up the rollers that I found some years ago which was affordable to me.

Its up to you, if you really want it. If I had the same opportunity and if it was affordable to me, I would pick it up. I don't buy these things to sell. I buy them because I like having them.

Green vintage car is cool.