Notices

Thread: Vintage 1/12 forum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by minijosh
    I'm the proud owner of an AYK Bun Bun Racer. It's a full 1/12 scale F1 style car. They come with funky stickers that are close to the real ones but I guess they didn't get permission to make them full so instead of seeing Camel, it's Carmel. I'll post photos if you want to see.
    Please do... I wanna see "Carmel" stickers.

I have a coupla Bolinks that were my introduction to R/C... I enjoyed the hobby so much... loved racing those things. I was never really good, but had a lot of fun and won a few races... won the amateur division of a series our local club held. This was before ESC's. LOL.

But then I'll have to build it up. I'd love to but it's NIB!!!!

But then I'll have to build it up. I'd love to but it's NIB!!!!
    Ahhh... do you plan to build it up some day?

Can you post pix of the box and/or contents? The decal sheet?

hi guys, I have (all NIB unbuilt/painted) 2 x rc12e(ferrari and lola), I x graupner FWD renault, 2x cambrian FWD( saab 900 and a saloon), 1x AYK porsche, 1x electricar stock car and also an electricar porsche which has been raced but is immaculate. there is also a selection of tyres, painted and unpainted bodies from the likes of parma, bolink and associated ( all new and unused) Schumacher and AMPS diffs/wheels with slip on tyres. these all belonged to a guy who recently passed away, I am going to sell these and am looking for best ideas of values/ ideas for disposal. I also got some NIB tamiya buggies which I have on Ebay, would this be the best place to sell the 1/12 th stuff as well and under which listing ?

This is not the place to place a listing for any items for sale. There is another forum that allows for posting a rc items for sale. Please check the forum menu and rules regarding your posts.

You can mention here that you have items for sale and to go look at your listing in the for sale/ trade forum.

Quote Originally Posted by YR4Dude
    This is not the place to place a listing for any items for sale. There is another forum that allows for posting a rc items for sale. Please check the forum menu and rules regarding your posts.

You can mention here that you have items for sale and to go look at your listing in the for sale/ trade forum.
    Sorry , I have listed in the for sale now

anyone remember this old 12th scale...mrc's sp3...well im about to get one .....

I had one and I traded if off for my FM radio from KO. Good trade if I do say so. I never ran my SP3 but it looked like it would fly.

Called MRC and they still have all the parts for the car....

I'm the proud owner of an AYK Bun Bun Racer. It's a full 1/12 scale F1 style car. They come with funky stickers that are close to the real ones but I guess they didn't get permission to make them full so instead of seeing Camel, it's Carmel. I'll post photos if you want to see.
    OK, can you post the photos now? I think we're ready.

11. Photo's 
    Hey guys, here is a old picture of the decals.
    Attached Images

12. I'm not sure what scale my car is... 
    I have a Battery operated Dynatron Radio-Control Racer. 15" long. "7" functions, full left & full right, forward, reverse. 2 Channel radio, 2 speeds. Circa 1973 - very advanced for it's time in MINT condition and I am trying to figure out if the car is actually worth something or not as I may be posting it for sale...Was wondering if you (enthusiasts) of this niche may be able to assist me.

Unfortunately, I have found no place that actually has a list price or auction price for the vehicle.
    Last edited by garetjax; 12-16-2005 at 06:43 PM.

I know this thread is kinda old... but can anyone tell me what car THIS is:

it was given to me by a friend of mine about 4 years ago to see if I could do anything with it... I'm a collector so I took him up on it
    Attached Images
    He who KNOWS he's stupid is actually kinda smart

Wow what is that? I've never seen an all wheel drive 1/12 vintage before. I might be new at the 1/12 stuff but that looks kind of Kyosho like because of the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Akura2
    I know this thread is kinda old... but can anyone tell me what car THIS is:

it was given to me by a friend of mine about 4 years ago to see if I could do anything with it... I'm a collector so I took him up on it
    You're a collector and you don't know what that car is????

Sell it to me!! I know what it is. I already have one or two, would like a third. Got parts?? I do.

As for 4wd 1/12, there were many back in the day. Most were like the one shown with chain drive (Kyosho, AYK, Kawada). There was also a belt drive one (Hirobo). They all worked like 1/8 pan cars. One way in front with solid axle or gear diff in rear.

BTW, Akura, the car you have is a Kyosho Fantom EP MkII. There was another version of that prior to the one you have but the chassis is completely different despite similarities in drivetrain.

Hi Guys grettings from a frozen Sweden.
    Im looking for picture of rear suspension on a Kyosho R951 or better a copy off the manual.

Have you guys ever wondered why no-one has continued development of the 4wd 1/12th car?

I remember when most of those 4wd's were released, 6 cell was still used in most places around the world - and making 8 minutes with the 4wds with those old cells was rather difficult!

I also remember seeing them dominate on slippery asphalt tracks.

I suppose the switch to primarily carpet-orientated racing mean't than 4wd wasn't required.

I was thinking with todays 4 cell 1/12 using such hig voltage cells and low turn motors, having 4wd could still be an advantage, and allow drivers to race them on not-so-perfect surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by YR4Dude
    Hi,

I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would start one. Some of you will say go to the 1/12 forum but that is for all 1/12 in general. This is for all the oldies but goodies. So post here if you have:

Kyosho
    Kawada
    AYK
    Tamiya
    ABC
    Delta
    TRC
    MRP
    Old Assoc before RC12L
    Anything before re-active caster.

Just a little about my collection; I have mostly Kyosho 1/12s (Plazma, Fantom, Axis EX), I also have AYK (Cyclone), and I recently picked up a Hirobo (Ashura). I'm mostly interested in the 4WD types (Not Minis)

So I hope to hear from some of you guys soon. I you guys are out there because I've bidded against many of you on E-bay for vintage parts.
    Hi there! nice to find you guys! I have a Kyosho Axis almost 99.9% original and is one of my beloved cars!even after years and years is still FAST,stillTURNS,and every one look at this tiny little thing that it just passed them like they're still!!!! poor guys with the "toy -ready to run now,throw tommorow- models"...
    ps:the "HUNTER"logo is original KYOSHO logo from a kit named hunter....and was very true nick name on axis!... in race days axis was a hunter....
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by relayer
    Have you guys ever wondered why no-one has continued development of the 4wd 1/12th car?

I remember when most of those 4wd's were released, 6 cell was still used in most places around the world - and making 8 minutes with the 4wds with those old cells was rather difficult!

I also remember seeing them dominate on slippery asphalt tracks.

I suppose the switch to primarily carpet-orientated racing mean't than 4wd wasn't required.

I was thinking with todays 4 cell 1/12 using such hig voltage cells and low turn motors, having 4wd could still be an advantage, and allow drivers to race them on not-so-perfect surfaces.
    well these 1/12 models supposed to run on smoooth surfaces...in my country this kind of truck was joke...anyway...we race them on asphalt (kind a..)that r/c clubs race the 1/8's!!!imagine how much speed you must have on such a looong track to be competitive and not feel silly with "this little toy"and boy axis was killer! only few 1/8 gas powered formulas with expert drivers stay ahead of it.... and believe me... not so far....
    modifications we have:
    -12-11 triple motor
    -ground effect conversion backwards that really sucks this thing down...
    -6 cell scrc NiCd batteries -matched of course-,....
    -metal axle front instead of the aluminum stock piece and.
    -the longest caster angle possible..(as I said before that was a hel of a looooong race track)...
    we manage to measuse the thing thanks to afriend cop...the speed was 120 km/h !
    and believe me...for this little monster 4wd wasn't nesessary...it just was an extra weight...

i have a old bolink challanger from the mid 70`s ill take a few pics when i get time

22. Kyosho Fantom EP 4wd 1/12 scale 
    Does anyone know where I can get parts for an old Kyosho Fantom EP 4wd 1/12 scale car.
    I am in desperate need of the chain sprocket for the front axle, and a new set of tires.
    There is no telling what else I will need once I get it on the road.

Thanks for your help.
    Regards,
    Paul Low

Quote Originally Posted by pablosanchez69
    Does anyone know where I can get parts for an old Kyosho Fantom EP 4wd 1/12 scale car.
    I am in desperate need of the chain sprocket for the front axle, and a new set of tires.
    There is no telling what else I will need once I get it on the road.
    Thanks for your help.
    Regards,
    Paul Low
    Paul, (Pavlos in my language is written "Παύλος",spells pavlos)
    If you can't find it convert it! make a conversion with belt from a 4WD car and make the Fantom at last quiet and faster! If u don't like to change the original then anyone in your country who has a CNC machinery can make almost everything:from axles, gears links and any part that u can't find...!search around!
    As for tyres yeah,is my problem too... some stores brind something,some others only for 1/10ths... in the 2nd case buy 4 front tyres,and make 2 for rear and trim other 2 for fronts!
    have fun!!

I've got a pretty a pretty good condition 1986 Kyosho 1/12 Plazma MkIII with a Kyosho LeMan 600E motor. Looking to trade it for a good condition Kyosho long wheel base Turbo Optima Mid or pm make an offer. We can work it out.

Hi! I have and race a Kyosho Fantom in Europe. If you are a Tamiyaclub reader you may have seen my threads and photos.

Can anyone advise if Kwada hubs are the same as Kyosho ones?

How do I post up picts on this forum? I can post up some recent picts of the car at a race!