Notices

Thread: Vintage 1/12 forum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Singapore 959 - I have both the Kyosho and the Kawada. The Kawada hexes are smaller. I had the same thought also until I got an M300 RSX.

Funkymojo - I have an Optima Mid SE converted with Lazer suspension. But I would expect a little more than just a straight trade on a Plazma MKIII. Unless you have a Fantom, AYK Cyclone or Axis EX or an Ashura.

Ah, so the kawada will not fit the Kyosho Fantom then. Pity.

The tamiya RM5 Porsche 956 has smaller axels, I swapped that on the offside to at least finish the last race - offset was way to short, but better than no wheel! So it sounds like the Kawada and Tamiya may v similar. Still doesn't help my 3 wheeling tho, boo!

Thanks for the info, great to be part of another active forum. Is there anywhere one can see your collection?

All my stuff are in bins right now in various conditions. I plan on racing the Kawada soon at my local carpet track. I have a Fantom that I plan to restore with parts or convert with the Plazma Mkiii chassis because it has a better rear suspension. The Axis EX is a museum piece as I don't plan to run it ever because I don't have parts or donor cars. However I am debating on building an R951 or just leaving it mint in the box (probably not; no parts or donors). The Cyclone needs a new chassis (to be restored). And I am thinking about running the Ashura (got parts and spares).

This is all aside from the TCs I am currently maintaining and running. I'll post pics as soon as I have one restored in running condition most likely the Fantom or the Ashura.

Does anyone know were I can buy 1/12 bodies online other than the sea of Speed 8s out there? Please can we have some variety in the current offerings of 1/12 shells.

Hi guys, my friend just got a NIB 1979 AYK Big March RX 1200...looks really nice...

wow! state of art oldies...keep it one piece please!

YR4Dude,

I've been searching the net and ebay for any older "Can Am" style boddies as well. They are Very hard to come by. Try BigDaddysHobbies on ebay. He has a few older, painted, 1/12 bodies that look like old Can Am cars. I bought 4 of them. He also has 1/12 Porsche 956 bodies. I bought 3 of those and plan to make them open cockpit bodies like the version the last version to win Le MAns back in the 90s. You're a lucky man to own those great, rare, 1/12 cars I wish I had just one of them.

Just one related note I think you guys will like to hear. I'm in the slow process of building an onroad track in my backyard. One of my hopes is to hold 1/12 Endurance races with vintage cars. I've created rules to keep the speeds down, and the track is designed with gravel run off instead of walls. I don't want to bust up these rare bodies or cars.

I am looking for a part for my kyosho fantom for the steering servo saver.. it is the later style fantom with no rear suspension and the longer radio tray... i need the plastic bushing to mount the front servo saver....I have parts to trade or allways have the paypal....you can email me williamcline@hotmail.com thanks Bill

Is the part specific to that particular style of the Fantom? I thought the Fantom with the rear suspension (Yellow box) was the later one. If it is the same as the other style Fantoms or Plazmas, I may have one. Could you be more specific on how it looks like? Also couldn't just fashion a make-shift bushing from other plastic parts/ material?

bladeszx2 - Bigdaddyshobbies is the EBay store for the former owners of Bolink. I believe they once made a Ferrari WSC body. So far the ones they have available were the older style Can-ams with no curves to them. I didn't see any Porsche bodies so you must have bought up the lot. Thanks for the help.

YR4Dude

I just checked Bid Daddys Hobbies ebay store, and he still has 8 Porsche 962 shrot tails left. Find his ebay store front, and to the left you'll see "1/12 scale bodies". Click on that and you'll see the Pordche 962 body.

Glad I can help,

Bladezx2

Quote Originally Posted by YR4Dude
    Is the part specific to that particular style of the Fantom? I thought the Fantom with the rear suspension (Yellow box) was the later one. If it is the same as the other style Fantoms or Plazmas, I may have one. Could you be more specific on how it looks like? Also couldn't just fashion a make-shift bushing from other plastic parts/ material?

Here is a link to a pic of my car in my tamiya club showrrom
    http://tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model...52104&sid=2422

you can see the oval space in the front of the radio tray.

it has the longer radio tray like the plazma 3p with a servo saver

I have this same car, but unfortunately no spares.
    I need a front chain sproket and a set of tires and wheels.
    Any idea where I might source these items?
    Thanks,
    Paul Low
    Attached Images

13. fantom parts 
    I have the parts that you need new in bag.... email me what you need...
    williamcline@hotmail.com

could you take detailed picture of the part I need on your car... that way I might be able to make one....
    do you have instructions for it???

thank you
    Bill

From the picture posted by pablosanchez69, I see what you mean by the servo saver piece. I don't have that version of the Fantom but some of the parts lot that I picked up for the Fantom included some chassis parts for that car.(3P) I'll check to see if I have it.

Thanks guys for the help. let me know what you find. I have parts to trade if you need anything.
    Bill

I know this thread is a little old but here is a mint old bolink I picked up a while ago.

Also, tomorrow I'll post pictures of another car I have which I am trying to figure out what it is... Looks like a cross between a bolink and a Parma.
    Attached Images

17. Smile decals for 1/12 Porsche 956 
    Well this is an old thread but it's nice to see it is still around!

I picked up a mid 80's Delta P12 off the bay a while back, and I have finally got around to fitting it with running gear, including a period Novak combo of receiver, esc and midget servo (used to run it in my RC12 about twenty something years ago which has since disappeared. That orange equipment still works though! Now, the body shell the P12 came with appears to be a 956 le mans racer. I like the New Man livery but the Rothman's will also do. Original Tamiya decal sets for these are available on the bay, but I am wondering if there is a cheaper alternative? Thanks much,

-Farzad

New here, raced 1/12 on-road in SC back in the mid eighties. Does anyone have a lead on the ABC Full suspension car from that era?
    John

awesome cars...

Any body ever find me that servo saver part????

Quote Originally Posted by clinehobbies View Post
    Hi Bill,

I am also on TC and know you from there.
    I can't make out from the thread what part you are after - or is it for another poster? -

I might be able to help you. Contact me via TC or this forum.

I need the oval spacer to mount the front servo saver to the top deck.

I know this an old thread but I wanted to share some pictures of a 12th scale pan my freind got its got a novak nes-1a servo a novak "4" speed control from the colors its got a novak motor too. I saw some vintage deans connectors on ebay they said that they used to come with a new esc from novak well it has those connectors on it

I have no idea what brand it is neither does he

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    I know this an old thread but I wanted to share some pictures of a 12th scale pan my freind got its got a novak nes-1a servo a novak "4" speed control from the colors its got a novak motor too. I saw some vintage deans connectors on ebay they said that they used to come with a new esc from novak well it has those connectors on it

I have no idea what brand it is neither does he
    What you have is an old TRC 12. I have one as well. Quite innovative at the time with its wide placement of the saddle packs and spring loaded T-plate. You can adjust the stiffness but tightening the nuts on the springs. The shock on top is an old Delta shock which was hard to get at that time. Those shocks were standard on the then expensive Custom Works Dominator. I think there were also screw on nylon straps that held down the battery pack. Again quite innovative then because everyone else used tape.

The Deans 4-pin connector did not come from Novak at that time. Novak always sold their esc with bare wires unless it was the RTR oriented Rooster. That had a Tamiya style JST plug.

Quote Originally Posted by clinehobbies View Post
    I don't have that part but I have a new chassis plate for that version of the Fantom if you're interested.