Notices

Thread: Vintage 1/12 forum

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Okay I have this old Kyosho 12th here I need too know what it is I had it given to me and I'm looking too maybe restore it or find another one. Here are some pics. LMK guys

Dallas
    Attached Images

You'll need the wheels & tires, a differential gear set and the hubs for the rear end as well as the hubs and bearings for the front axle.

However, this is not one of the better Kyosho 1/12s worthwhile to restore. If you can find the parts cheap somewhere on Ebay then I wish you all the luck.

I guess it's more of a personal fancy I kind of like the framed look anyway can you tell me what it is maybe a model name or number? Thanks

Dallas

That is a super alta 1/12 chassis

Do any of you guys have these parts available? I was referred to this forum by associated customer service agent Bill Martinez. He said the main brace and center tube is not available from them anymore. I have an RC12lw and am looking for these associated part numbers. Rear brace and hardware part number 4428 (1 quantity) and related tubes 4440 (1 quantity) and 4442 (2 quantity) shown in the RC12LW manual on page 11, figure 29. I am building this kit for a display and these parts are missing from the kit. Here is a direct link to the parts needed:

http://aedownloads.com/downloads/man...lw_manuala.pdf

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe Foust

If you can't find those parts, you can fab them yourself with some alum tubing and graphite sheet from your LHS. If you can find a similar part from another Assoc. kit, you can always cut the tubing to size to fit the application. If I recall the alum. tubing Assoc provided in their kits were never threaded.

I have the brace some where.

Or you can just order it new from here.
    IŽll guess you know that theire quality is awsome.

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/

mvh isobarik

It's been awhile sense i've been here! Lot's been happenin ya know? good ta see some old and new names here!
    Attached Images

more pics...

opps...

I have had that Green truck back in the days my first radiocontrol modell.

I remeber you turned it on and then could only turn since there was only turning that was radiocontrol.

Back in the days .....

12. Kyosho Axis EX 
    I have one of these kits NIB, but am considering selling to gather some cash for another old-school car I've been wanting to buy & restore. Problem is, these cars are extremely scarce yet were also not all that popular to begin with, so I am at a loss as far as how much to sell it for. Any thoughts?

13. Buick Stocker 
    This one looks exactly like the old Kyosho "Buick Stocker", which was a close cousin to the Super Alta. A friend of mine had one and actually gave it to me a while back, so I still have the chassis and some misc parts for it lying arround collecting dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas101 View Post
    Okay I have this old Kyosho 12th here I need too know what it is I had it given to me and I'm looking too maybe restore it or find another one. Here are some pics. LMK guys

Dallas

I'm looking for a part number of the pulley that is on the front axle of the Fantom 4WD EP; just where the chain wraps around it. I need one, and with the part number I'd probably be able to do a more effective internet search; especially since I don't know what the bugger's called. Anyone have a resource for a parts list on this car?

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas101 View Post

Dallas
    Kyosho Buick Stocker. Kit No. 3054B

Fairly crappy model as all the frame is soft plastic. i bought one new and used it a few times. found it oversteered heaps. however, the manual says to tighten the front suspension to correct this. never did get around to doing it. figured the frame was just twisting.
    i never did finish painting it and the decal sheet is untouched.

i put it back in it's box and it's been in my cupboard ever since.
    i'll post some pic when i find my wife's camera and will try to scan the manual to PDF for you.

:-)

ok, i've scan and converted the manual to a PDF. can't post it here, so if you still want it, let me know. :-)

17. Fantom Manual 
    Hi Mudguts, thanks for the offer - actually I managed to find my manual/parts list...unfortunately I still haven't found the part I need:

Front-Sprocket KYOC3760 EF-009

If anyone knows anything!!

Thanks.

- sundevil67

18. oops 
    oops, sorry Sundevil, i ment i had the manual for the old Buick Stocker.

but that post was also aimed originally at 'Dallas' (i know, his post was a year ago. he's probably thrown it in the bin by now) but i'd email it to anyone else who wanted it (if anyone ) :-)
    Last edited by Mudgutts; 06-21-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: typo

19. Manual 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudgutts View Post
    ok, i've scan and converted the manual to a PDF. can't post it here, so if you still want it, let me know. :-)
    Hey,Was wondering if you still have copy of manual? Sure could use it.
    Yellowbug

sure do, PM your email address, and i'll email it to you.
    However, it's a 17mb file, so some sort of drop off account (ftp or the like) might be better.
    Let me know. :-)

hay guys i have a ta rc12i. i picked up from a carboot sale(flea market).Im from england.I dont race 1/12 scale but i was proberly the only person out of thousands who understood what i was looking at,so i bought it.what i have found out so far about this design is that it was the secound model designed by ta the rc12e precided it and it won the first ifmar 1/12 worlds.I meen the chassis design not my actual model.I will post pictures shortly.

I have one too! I had no clue what it was but after some searching discovered it's an rc12i. They had some pretty cool versions of this car back in the day. I'd be really interested in any information you may find.

Hi email copy of manual to yellowbu63@msn.com Thank you yellowbug

24. Buick Stocker 
    Hey Yellowbug

sorry, did not get notified of new posts so i didn't know you wanted it sent.

i have sent it by email now. if you still want it. it's a 17mb file, so hope you're not on dial-up.

Quote Originally Posted by sundevil67 View Post
    I have one of these kits NIB, but am considering selling to gather some cash for another old-school car I've been wanting to buy & restore. Problem is, these cars are extremely scarce yet were also not all that popular to begin with, so I am at a loss as far as how much to sell it for. Any thoughts?
    I also have one. Its super rare. I think it was made on a very limited run for competition sake. Even the box it came with was not the standard Kyosho packaging like the Fantoms and Plazmas. I would consider keeping it if I were you.