Notices

Thread: 2.4 GHz Spread Spectrum Module from Spektrum

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213
    I have this problem but only in my BJ4. I have three receivers on my B4, GT and BJ. The problem is the same it cuts out, It does this also when the battery is fully charged but goes away as the time passes. I have tried capacitors but the problem keeps happening. I will try to use a micro battery to see if that solves the problem. When this particular receiver was installed on the GT there were no problems and no problems on the B4 but I know the current drain of a 10 turn is quite high. The thing is that I have even used this same motor on the B4 and no problems there. I'm running a new LRP Quantum 2 in the BJ and a LRP 7.1V on the B4 so maybe it's the reactive frequency that's giving me the problem. I love this technology and I am willing to figure this out. I will never go back to the other frequencies, as long as I can use this.

2. Voltage levels: 
    Quote Originally Posted by InspGadgt
    I guess that's possible...though I noticed the cut out both on and off throttle. I am however running a transponder and wonder if the added amp draw might have something to do with it. As for the BEC I thought it was only those with a low voltage BEC that was giving the problems...this is with a Novak Atom, a 6v BEC. Good to know that LRPs are running into this problem as I was looking to replace my Atom with a Quantum 2. I held off though once I saw the BEC on the LRP ESCs are 5.8v. I did notice the Spektrum reciever can take up to 9.6v input so I can use a nice light LiPoly pack for a reciever pack.
    Although the spektrum receiver can handle the voltage, the servos you are running more than likely cannot handle that kind of voltage for a prolonged period of time. If you run the lipo receiver pack, be sure to use some sort of inline voltage regulator. Adam Drake uses the Lipo reciever pack in his 1/9th scale and uses the novak regulator too.

Quote Originally Posted by jnegrx
    I have this problem but only in my BJ4. I have three receivers on my B4, GT and BJ. The problem is the same it cuts out, It does this also when the battery is fully charged but goes away as the time passes. I have tried capacitors but the problem keeps happening. I will try to use a micro battery to see if that solves the problem. When this particular receiver was installed on the GT there were no problems and no problems on the B4 but I know the current drain of a 10 turn is quite high. The thing is that I have even used this same motor on the B4 and no problems there. I'm running a new LRP Quantum 2 in the BJ and a LRP 7.1V on the B4 so maybe it's the reactive frequency that's giving me the problem. I love this technology and I am willing to figure this out. I will never go back to the other frequencies, as long as I can use this.
    In my case the motor drain is pretty minimal though since our F1 class only allows the Sport Tuned Mabuchi motor.

Quote Originally Posted by InspGadgt
    In my case the motor drain is pretty minimal though since our F1 class only allows the Sport Tuned Mabuchi motor.
    Is that an F201 or an F103?
    On the F103 layout you have to make sure that the ESC is horizontal and the RX is vertical (can be other way around) or radio glitches can happen.
    Could well be that the Spektrum is dampening these glitches to a stalling effect.

It's an F201. But at 2.4Ghz the reciever is far above the frequency level of the ESC/Motor so transmission/amplification through the graphite chassis shouldn't really be an issue. Some Rx ESC combinations needed the RX to be on it's side but I've found that with keeping the power wires to their minimum lengths and having all the major power wires running on the same side of the chassis reduces glitching enough to where most of the years I ran a F103 I was able to run both my ESC and Reciever flat on the chassis. I also ran the old HPI chassis for the F103 which was wider near the battery to allow for more room to place your electronics. Anyway the problem is with the F201.