Notices
 

Thread: Any "new" news

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Any "new" news 
    #1
    I wanted to create a vehicle for the fastest R/C challenge. But from what I have gathered there still is not a date or place when and where it is going to be held.

    I didn't want to go through 700 posts to try and find "new" news.

    So I figured I would start a thread that only "new" news is put at to make it easier to know what is going on.

    Anybody????

    Preferribly someone that is in charge of the event.

    Thank
     

  2.  
    #2
    This should not stop you from trying. You know it is going to be sometime next summer in Southern California. If you are serious about making an attempt, changing the location will not stop serious people from trying to get their cars to be the fastest.
     

  3.  
    #3
    Well the problem is not knowing the layout of the track being used. You can either make a dragster for straight runs or a touring car for handling. Until you know what the conditions are going to be it is hard to develope a vehicle.
     

  4.  
    #4
    Well if you read through and do some research you would know they are looking for a straight that is minum 1/4ml long. If you can not do it there, then I would say you have a problem and would not win anyway.
     

  5.  
    #5
    I guess you just can't read.

    This is for "new" news and I stated I didn't want to go through 700 posts to find info hiding in here.

    Thay need to update the announcement on the home page of the site it still has false info.

    I think this is going to be a flop anyway, I think I am gonna pass on spending any money on this.
     

  6.  
    #6
    For anyone that takes that kind of stance, was not serious in the first place. You do not need a big event to try and break the record.
     

  7.  
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by studysession
    For anyone that takes that kind of stance, was not serious in the first place. You do not need a big event to try and break the record.

    I am not looking for a "big" event, but big enough that you get the right people there to make your record worth anything.

    It is kinda hard to take it serious when there is no "where" and "when" to go by.

    The thing with me is this:

    If I start a project and spend 3-4 thousand to win and it is still in the air as to the track conditions I may make a vehicle that can't perform where they choose. And if it is cancelled all together at a later date I have a vehicle that is useless for anything else.

    I am a very serious person and when given the go as to when and where I will spend the next 6 months making a 1/5 scale 6 cylinder funny car. Parachute and all.

    By the numbers (HP, weight, RPM, wheel dia., drag) I can hit 145 mph using 16HP, if I can even control it at those speeds.

    Yes, I am serious.
     

  8. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but using a 1/5 scale chassis as you said will be over 
    #8
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but using a 1/5 scale chassis would be over the length spec. Also, by the sound of things on other threads, you would prpbably need to fully custom make your car in order to win. In other words, four thousand, while being a lot of money, is not enough to win this challenge. I'm a serious spectator.

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Homicide
    If I start a project and spend 3-4 thousand to win and it is still in the air as to the track conditions I may make a vehicle that can't perform where they choose. And if it is cancelled all together at a later date I have a vehicle that is useless for anything else.

    I am a very serious person and when given the go as to when and where I will spend the next 6 months making a 1/5 scale 6 cylinder funny car. Parachute and all.

    By the numbers (HP, weight, RPM, wheel dia., drag) I can hit 145 mph using 16HP, if I can even control it at those speeds.

    Yes, I am serious.
     

  9.  
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by slickfast
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but using a 1/5 scale chassis would be over the length spec. Also, by the sound of things on other threads, you would prpbably need to fully custom make your car in order to win. In other words, four thousand, while being a lot of money, is not enough to win this challenge. I'm a serious spectator.
    I am done posting, you people don't read or understand or something.

    I said 6 months to "MAKE" a 1/5th scale funny car. Which in turn would be a custom Chassis.

    I don't have a "bubble" to be popped. I am an engineer and fabricator so I know what the little thingys do when you put them in the somethin or others.

    I 'm not stupid, I am 30 years old, and CAN make what I am referring to.

    The 3-4 thousand is just to buy the engine, everything else I already have or can make.

    If they figure out what is going on in enough time for me to build I'll see you there and you can say whatever you want with your vehicle behind mine.

    I am done, but will definatey come back to see what you have to say.
     

  10.  
    #10
    Slickfast - I thought the car could be like somewhere around or right over 40 inches in length. A 1/5 scale with body on is under that. At least the 1/5 scale that my friends has is under that.
     

  11.  
    #11
    Join Date
    11-05-2003
    Location
    Mt. Holly, NC
    Posts
    1,835
    Bodies is a good question to bring up!

    Does anybody know a good source for some 1/5 scale sized bodies since I am custom making my chassis? I like the body types that are on the 1/8th scale off road buggies except in 1/5th scale size.
     

  12.  
    #12
    You say 1/8 scale buggy - Are you going for a buggy style or a touring car style? And what is your email and I will email you a link that may be helpful. I do not think the link will be allowed here.

    Cheers.
     

  13.  
    #13
    keith, ygm
    -Nick
     

  14.  
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Homicide
    I am done posting, you people don't read or understand or something.

    I said 6 months to "MAKE" a 1/5th scale funny car. Which in turn would be a custom Chassis.

    I don't have a "bubble" to be popped. I am an engineer and fabricator so I know what the little thingys do when you put them in the somethin or others.

    I 'm not stupid, I am 30 years old, and CAN make what I am referring to.

    The 3-4 thousand is just to buy the engine, everything else I already have or can make.

    If they figure out what is going on in enough time for me to build I'll see you there and you can say whatever you want with your vehicle behind mine.

    I am done, but will definatey come back to see what you have to say.
    Excuse me, I was just trying to take a critical stance and help you out in the design and planning of your car. However, I am forced to become defensive by your words. This is what "I have to say."

    First, the word "make" does not make me nor anyone else infer immediately that this will be a custom car. For example, many people say that they are "making" a speed machine when, in fact, they are assembling a car using after-market parts. Considering the price I viewed in your response, I assumed that this was the case.

    Second, I do not appreciate being mocked."...I know what the little thingys do when you put them in the somethin or others." This is quite offensive and very immature.

    As for the money issue, it was simply a case of miscommunication. I had no way of knowing that you intended on spending all of the money on the engine, because that is not what you said."If I start a project and spend 3-4 thousand to win..."

    On a different note, how do you plan on having a 6-cylinder model engine producing 16 hp? CNC machining seems like the only possible solution, as the engine is not available at least to the public.

    I do read, and hopefully you can see that. However, I guess you do not wish to participate in an educated debate. I will not be responding or viewing this page further.

    Good luck in your project.


     

  15.  
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Homicide
    I am done posting, you people don't read or understand or something.
    I am done, but will definatey come back to see what you have to say.
    Excuse me, I was just trying to take a critical stance and help you out in the design and planning of your car. However, I am forced to become defensive by your words. This is what "I have to say."

    First, the word "make" does not make me nor anyone else infer immediately that this will be a custom car. For example, many people say that they are "making" a speed machine when, in fact, they are assembling a car using after-market parts. Considering the price I viewed in your response, I assumed that this was the case.

    Second, I do not appreciate being mocked."...I know what the little thingys do when you put them in the somethin or others." This is quite offensive and very immature.

    As for the money issue, it was simply a case of miscommunication. I had no way of knowing that you intended on spending all of the money on the engine, because that is not what you said."If I start a project and spend 3-4 thousand to win..."

    On a different note, how do you plan on having a 6-cylinder model engine producing 16 hp? CNC machining seems like the only possible solution, as the engine is not available at least to the public.

    I do read, and hopefully you can see that. However, I guess you do not wish to participate in an educated debate. I will not be responding or viewing this page further.

    Good luck in your project.


     

  16.  
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Homicide
    I am done posting, you people don't read or understand or something.

    I said 6 months to "MAKE" a 1/5th scale funny car. Which in turn would be a custom Chassis.

    I don't have a "bubble" to be popped. I am an engineer and fabricator so I know what the little thingys do when you put them in the somethin or others.

    I 'm not stupid, I am 30 years old, and CAN make what I am referring to.

    The 3-4 thousand is just to buy the engine, everything else I already have or can make.

    If they figure out what is going on in enough time for me to build I'll see you there and you can say whatever you want with your vehicle behind mine.

    I am done, but will definatey come back to see what you have to say.
    Excuse me, I was just trying to take a critical stance and help you out in the design and planning of your car. However, I am forced to become defensive by your words. This is what "I have to say."

    First, the word "make" does not make me nor anyone else infer immediately that this will be a custom car. For example, many people say that they are "making" a speed machine when, in fact, they are assembling a car using after-market parts. Considering the price I viewed in your response, I assumed that this was the case.

    Second, I do not appreciate being mocked."...I know what the little thingys do when you put them in the somethin or others." This is quite offensive and very immature.

    As for the money issue, it was simply a case of miscommunication. I had no way of knowing that you intended on spending all of the money on the engine, because that is not what you said."If I start a project and spend 3-4 thousand to win..."

    On a different note, how do you plan on having a 6-cylinder model engine producing 16 hp? CNC machining seems like the only possible solution, as the engine is not available at least to the public.

    I do read, and hopefully you can see that. However, I guess you do not wish to participate in an educated debate. I will not be responding or viewing this page further.

    Good luck in your project.


     

  17.  
    #17
    sorry my computer was having problems
     

  18.  
    #18
    I know what to mean . My comp always messes up, or I do anyway.

    Not to bash you team homicide but when you say, If I start a project and spend 3-4 thousand to win, that kinda sounds like any one with money can build a winning car, Im not saying that about you, but just in general I don't want to think that the guy with the biggest budget will win.
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •