Notices

Thread: My 1967 ford mustang restoration (so far)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There was an AMC dealer in Arizona that sold Gremlin's with 401's under the hood. I don't know how the rear axle took the HP but one from a Chevy II (Nova) was a bolt-in.
    OK, back to the 'Stang thang. We stole his thread again.

No, haven't done anything on it My dad did order a new welder to finish it(little one he had took a crap) And we're working on cleaning out the garage so we can have some room to work

i know how that goes i have to clean out my garage this weekend it is a mess and i donat have room for the car so it will get clean i might even post pics once the place is clean. Any way i have the car in primer but there is still soooooooooooo much to do what condition is your wiring harness in? rats had dinner with mine

Mine seems to be awsome. There was mice all over in mine when we got it but they didn't get under the dash. The floorpans were rusting through, and the defroster vent things above the dash are getting replaced with plastic ones. I don't remember what thier called(its been a while) Everything else is in pretty good shape.

Ahh man, I leave this board/hobby to start the Resto on my '72 Chevelle, and what do I find when I come back just to see how everyone is doing? FORD RESTOS!! EEEEWWW!!!!!!

Anyhow I think I've got it worse then all of you.. Here is a brief list of what I have to replace on my chevelle..

-Both Quarter Panels
    -Both Rear Wheel Wells (Inner and Outter)
    -Full Floors
    -Rear Seat Pan
    -Repair the Cowl Area
    -Both Fenders
    -Core Support
    -Possibly Hood.
    -Pass Door

That is just a brief list of unsalvagable Rusty Parts.. I bought my chevelle from Virginia where it lived it's entire life (sat for 20years in a field... ) The car however is an Original Burnt Orange Chevelle with a 402 BB and a 4-speed Bench Combo.. It's a TRUE SS and has 35k original miles...

Here's what I am Planning to do to it:
    -Candy Orange Paint (Originally Burnt Orange) w/ Black Stripes
    -402 BBC (550hp/575lb ft.)
    -TKO-600 5-Speed Tranny
    -Bench Seat/Manual Interior

Anyhow, here is a pic of what it looked like when I got it.. I don't have any recent pics......

-Todd

My uncle has a 68 that he tore a lobe off the cam or something because it won't run. I am going to try to buy it from him. It is the 396 but it can light up the tires in all 4 gears

ejp, is it an original 396? If it is where is your uncle? Would he consider selling it?

-Todd

Thats the only problem. No its not the original. It came out of a truck. It is an original SS though. No, I don't think he wants to sell it but I was going to ask him. He just went through a hard devorce too. I really want the car though

Hey, mustang. Do you know where I can get a door that fits like factory??? We ordered a skin for the drivers door, pulled the original off and went to put the new on on. It fits like crap. Where the fender and the door meet at the top where there are those sweeps up above the body line, well the skin is straight w/no curve to it Well, now we either have to find a better quality skin or just get a whole door from NPD for 350.00. They said it is a factory fit "they have tried them".

ejp the doors that my buddy told me to use are from mustangs plus. he said the NPD ones rubbed the fender at full open position on his 72 mach 1. Did you see that new 1 peice floor pan $660 I am working on trying to figure out this wiring we put a battery on the car last weekend to test every thing lights etc... and i have a short somewhere.Maybe when we get both of them done we could drive em somewhere and take a look at each others (maybe to a pond to do a little model boating to!)

Well, we got the door from NPD. It fits good. The only problem is... where it bolts to the bottom hinge it doesn't go in far enough to be flush with the rocker panel. So, we are going to just make the hinge holes bigger for it to go flush. I'm really sorry to hear about your wiring. Mine is perfect And the last sentence you said sounds like a plan to me

i worked for a while last night and got the wiring pretty much tied up Wooooo Hooooo. I plan to test the harness soon then i want to get my suspension tied up.By the way another site that might help you is www.mustangdepot.com they carry aftermarket custom parts.

Check out the wheels i want to use. A little pricey though!

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa.../gt40_rims.htm

Here is what the body kit lookes like when done mine will not be red though.

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa...erglass/81.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by mustangman05
    Here is what the body kit lookes like when done mine will not be red though.

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa...erglass/81.JPG
    And yours isn't a 66 What color is it going to be???

it is going to be dupont pepper gray metalic with black stripes (elanor)