Notices

Thread: What do you drive?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    i was checking out those pics on your site. I am diggin that car.

Quote Originally Posted by zakerid
    i was checking out those pics on your site. I am diggin that car.
    An update on that dohc, my bad my bad lol. Im an idiot. Uhh def does not have a dohc, its not a high rpm car. so my bad about that. NO dohc. hehehe\

-Garrett

thanks tho, i love the car. But steering sucks on it, really really sucks!

1981 Holden WB Statesman Caprice 5.0 Lt
    Attached Images

NICE!!! BUT THIS IS BOATS MAN! BOATSSSSS HEHEHE =o) show us your rc!!

-Garrett

There's no rc in this thread.

Yep, that's why it's the Off Topic area

Since I'm a full size car nut at heart, this seemed like a good place to make my first post. This is my 2004 Mustang Cobra, not stock of course. She puts down around 470-480 at the wheels.

Nice. What mods did you add? Anything other than engine? (suspension, tires, et)

There are no cosmetic mods done to it or suspension or tires. I have a Mac straight shot cold air kit, a 2.8 pulley on the supercharger, accufab throttle body, a custom tune done, a bassani x-pipe, magnaflow exhaust, and an MGW shifter.

Sounds nice. Can it actually put all that power down with the stock tires?

It certainly can't put it all down in first or second... you have to give it just the right amount of throttle or they'll just spin.
    Here are some videos of me racing some other cars:
    Me vs. TT Supra: http://www.stangsource.com/files.cgi?download=104
    Me vs. modded Black Cobra: http://www.stangsource.com/files.cgi?download=197
    Me vs. Turbo Civic (funny): http://www.stangsource.com/files.cgi?download=82

The links don't work for me. Also, when I try to go to the homepage of the website, it doesn't work. Is the site down right now?

Weird. Sometimes it goes down for weird reasons. It's working for me now though...

That civic race was HILARIOUS!!!! He should have known better...

Agreed. The civic race was great

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk355
    An update on that dohc, my bad my bad lol. Im an idiot. Uhh def does not have a dohc, its not a high rpm car. so my bad about that. NO dohc. hehehe\

-Garrett

thanks tho, i love the car. But steering sucks on it, really really sucks!
    I knew it didn't have DOHC. I have built many a SBC in my day. At one time there was a company that made a kit for the SBC but it was kinda hack. Either way, still a cool car.

17. Finally Done 
    Been driving it for a few weeks now. A lot of sweat & frustration went into her. Drives better than new.
    Attached Images

Now thats a tight ride! Finished product speaks for itself.

Thanks DD! I figured I'd spare you all with the details. Let's just say short of the floorpan, it's all been gone-over &/or replaced.

I'm still not sure about the front bumper. I went roadster-style & I'm not sure I like it. Bugs, you either love em or hate em.

Where's the surf board?

Well, in Michigan it'd be more like a wake board. I don't use the rack though, I just thought it would look cool. That's actually an original one, not a repop - very rare indeed. And for $50 to boot! I was shakin' when I reached for my wallet. A local VW speed shop had it up against a wall. I asked him if he knew what they were worth & he said to hurry before he changed his mind.

That's awesome! $50? Was he out of his mind?

Side note - somehow, to me, "Volkswagen" and "Speed Shop" don't go together, especially an old beetle. Still, they weren't built for speed. Great looking bug there, bugfanatic.

Thank you very much Chris! I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I gambled with the rims & 2-tone but I really like it. Well, I've known him for 20 years so I think $50 was a favor - a real big favor. You'd be surprised how fast you can get a bug to go. Tune in to Monster Garage later this month & they'll be building a 9-second 1/4 mile Beetle. That's with a turbo added on to a modded VW engine, but you'd be surprised just how fast a bug can be with a regular carbed big-bore & cammed motor that still fits under the rear decklid. Remember, these things only weigh 1800 lbs. As for my VW, I stuck with the stock 1600 60 horse motor. Just think, on a good day I can probably put a little more than 40 horses to the pavement! One day I may put a big motor back there. But for now, this is what I got.

I drive my chevelle or my Supra(for sale)

But heres the cars I have

www.cardomain.com/id/3115ultima