Notices

Thread: What do you drive?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My piece of crap, a `94 Ranger with my trailer attached for hauling everything to long-distance races.
    I tried to post a shot of my other ride but it was too large.
    Attached Images

ME and Bo drives this right here .....
    Attached Images

A '02 Ford Ranger Super Cab (short bed, 2 door). I like it, $18,000 brand new and it gets about 26 on the highway. Plus it's super clean, in great shape and has less than 38,000!

cars are my addiction next to boats... too bad they cost so much more

my daily driver... 91 Thunderbird Supercoupe. Pretty much all stock cept for ported heads and matched lower intake. Innovetek MP3 headunit, custom box w/ two JL W1 12's w/ Fosgate 800A2 amp.

toy... 94 Mustang GT... Vortech S-trim blown 306 with a bunch of goodies. Made 632rwhp @ 15lbs boost + 60shot of nitrous.
    Attached Images

What do I drive? My wife crazy everytime I head to the RC store. lol

MY new Chevy.

Ok so my truck pic file size was too large. But here is something sweet!!!
    Attached Images

More info please

Yea Yea, Sweet right? Ok its not mine or even anyone I know but I like that pic alot I could look at it all day.

I just scrolled thru the previous posts and pictures of cars. There are some nice cars out there. I thought I would add a pic of my 05' GT
    I had the dealer deliver it to my shop and I stripped it down and redid it right away (had 6 miles on the odometer) Shaved the door handles, lowered it, rims/tires, added side scoops, repainted it, and few minor details. It's also my daily driver
    Attached Images

11. Here is mine 2000 Honda SE 
    :d Not the one and only but ride this more then drive the car
    Attached Images

Paint-Boy,
    The Stang is sickkkk I'm not very fond of the newer mustangs but that one is definilty a 'one off' and your work did nothing but compliment it.

Dhaxt,
    Thats the Cadilac of two wheelers right there. What others do you have? My wife has been hounding me for a few years about either a BMW K1200GT or R1200RT. Then again, I like the FJR1300 but thats me.. Either one is a lot of bike and I'm not in the mood for such a large ride. Been eyeing the KTM Supermoto real hard for some back road twisties.

Here is my car

'02 GTI 1.8T, Koni struts, Weitec Springs, Evo intake, Navi, 18x9 wheels in rear w/ 3" lip, 18x8 in front w/ 2 1/2" lip

Although its dirty and in winter mode now

A man with taste no doubt. GTI.... oooh

Sorry attached image was not accepted at first post.
    Let's try again.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by RCUK John; 02-08-2007 at 09:43 AM.

16. not my driver....... 
    I thought I would post another ride (and project) of mine. Anyone that has been following my scarab build thread knows that I own a hot rod / custom car shop. So naturally I have my own project (that never gets worked on) customers come first.

It's a 1955 Chevy Nomad (not stock!haha) major things done to it so far: Custom built chassis with full air ride (for the low stance) floor has been removed from car, so I could raise the floor up (to help lower the car more) the roof has been chopped 4", changed the original style quarter panel wheel openings to the '55 car style (nomad's had a complete round wheel arch opening) the door handles are shaved, and will open "suicide style" (open from the front) I could list more things...but I won't.

Too bad like I mentioned....this project gets neglected and sits all lonely waiting for me to work on it!haha

Here are a couple pics of it. (The first is what I started with)
    Attached Images

17. Not my daily driver, either!! 
    G'day Paint_Boy

My rides are the small ones - the real ones belong to my Brother, Steve.
    Just won the photo competition for the English TV Show "Top Gear"
    a Ford Falcon (Fairmont, actually) 1973 XB Coupe

"It's the Duck's nuts! 600 HP at the wheels!"
    (I'm not kidding - this car scares me!!!)

the dash has been signed by everyone from the cast of the first movie, except for Mel and Steve Bisley (The Goose)
    Attached Images

18. Chevy Wagon 
    G'day again, Paint Boy,

I had this on my hard drive

Inspired????????????
    Attached Images

Heh, here's mah 1985 F150. IT's old, beat up and worn out, but still runs great.

It's got the following equipment:

300CI inline six
    4spd overdrive manual trans
    3.05 rear gear(maybe 2.95's!)
    8ft box, reg cab
    Used to be blue
    15X7 black D-hole rims, Nascar style
    Faux wood grain dash, faded
    Had at one point the 2.1 channel hi-fi audio package!
    Dealer-installed AC, which for electrical reasons doesn't work.

It will make 75MPH at about 1700RPM, and rarely goes over 2200 unless I decide it's time to clean 'er out. That's got to have contributed to A: Original clutch still present and functional, B: engine still runs smooth as silk after 210,000 miles.

VVV Crappy night shot of the beast. :P Not bad for what a measly 550 bucks(TTL included!) can get ya...

I got this truck after my '95 Nissan 200SX met the ass end of some ******* city worker. :\ That was a nice car, but the clutch was dying in it. Also, pathetically slow. Truck was faster straight line. NEver could get it to slide in a turn, tho. Car was stubburn, after the wreck it would still drive fine. Had a minor overheating issue post-wreck, tho...
    Last edited by BaronVonGareth; 05-17-2008 at 12:16 PM.

My latest ride as the Jimmy was dying a fast death.
    I've still got that old Ranger yet.
    Attached Images

Nice Ron. What engine etc?

Yesterday was our car shopping day. Needed something more practical since we're a family with five year old & a dog. After months of research, stopping by dealerships after hours & tire kicking, we knew what we wanted as long as it drove good. So indeed, we bought a new '08 Mazda5 w/ 2 liter turbo diesel as well. Loaded w/ less than a thousand miles. Should be picking it up next weekend after all the financial stuff is done.

Jamie

btw, now paint the boat to match

It's a 3.0 V-6 in there and FWD, not 4WD, kind of weird as I expected it to be RWD or 4WD. It's the same as the Ford Escape. It sure gets a lot better mileage than what my GMC Jimmy did and not the problems that went with it. That thing was depreciating faster than the balance on the loan.

24. My Project Car 
    I have been working on this 1955 Chevy Belair with my dad for the last few years. So far we have put a whole new front end on it with rack and pinion power steering, disk brakes, and a front sway bar. And we put in a small block 350 engine and a turbo 350 automatic transmission. I think it has a ford 9" rear end. The body needs a lot of work now that it runs and drives great. It has rust coming through the back side of the sheet metal.
    We also have a 1965 buick wildcat convertible that is all original except for the paint and top. And we have a 48 international farm truck that is still a long ways from even moving.
    Attached Images

Now thats a ride.