Notices

Thread: "Bodyshells we'd like to see (and buy)" or "I've got 30 bucks burning a hole in my ..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I forgot..how about some vacuum formed white plastic, realistic, multi-piece, half-depth interiors to go with all of those nice bodyshells. Oh, and not everybody drives around in their triple layer nomex "Stand21" racing suits and full face helmets and is surrounded by big lumps that are supposed to rollbars (those only work in 1/24th scale slotcars) so how about normal bare heads, street clothes on the driver figures and hold the sewer-pipe rollcage. Sell them separately as kits and for around ten bucks please. I'll happily take a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!
    Definately a 91-93 5.0 Mustang. It seems like these cars never get the attention they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty
    ps to Boston: What was the Pre-A Speedster?
    http://www.qv500.com/porsche356p3.php
    http://www.356registry.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mikevillena
    MT2 - Would you settle for "Rat Fink" car (really cool 60's stuff)?
    Kitty - FHC (Fixed head coupe) DHC (drop head coupe) are uniquely Brit nomenclature along with "Shooting Brake", "boot", "bitter" (warm beer near as I can translate it)..etc. Hope your computer lets you come out to play soon...
    Josh - You are probably correct. However, Revell-Monogram and Tamiya along with a lot of plastic kit manufaturers still manage to produce licensed products in 1/24th scale. Funny, I thought a lot of Tamiya's and HPI's bodyshells are licensed?
    i assume its rat shaped, if its scary, sure. sounds familiar...which reminds me i dunno if i included these or not, but most muscle cars from 1965 to 1975 wouldnt be too bad either.

oh, that porsche above, i think someone near my school has one of those, but its a coupe, and its a guards red, or close. its nice even though i dont like the older porsches a WHOLE lot...theyre ok..

AirBoss - 44 bhp never looked so good....
    MT2 - "Rat Fink" was a really cool caricature that "Ed Big Daddy Roth" came up with in the sixties (well before your time). He also designed some cartoon cars with various permutations of "Rat Fink" driving them. Revell (?) did a whole bunch of 1/24th scale plastic kits and slotcars. Monogram followed suit with their own creations....ah, the good ol' days. Anyway, just so I don't pollute this thread, how about a bodyshell of the "Munster's" coach or the "Monkeemobile" or even the "Green Hornet" car with Bruce Lee driver figure (talk about serious whoopass!).

Mike,
    It's not how fast you go, it's how well you go fast...

AirBoss,
    Amen to that brother!!! Tazio "the Flying Mantuan" Nuvolari embodied that so well. He is the father of "drifting" in my book. I'm also thinking of Gilles Villenueve...sideways and airborne as he sets up perfectly for the Corvette Bridge(?.... long uphill, lots of negative g's at the crest and blind apex) at Road America in his Can-Am car. Yowza, I was there that day.

Some cars I would want to see are"
    Realistic Mclaren F1 (not 96+)
    some Le man's bodies (don't know the name)
    Lamborghini Diablo 6.0
    All honda civics from 96 and up ( I don't know why but I do)
    02+ NSX
    Acura RL
    M5's, from 99+
    More JGTC cars
    Evo 8
    Evo 8 MR
    Koningsegg 02+ (sp?)
    MClaren F1 LM
    Evo 9
    Golf R32
    Jetta's
    R33 GT-R and GTS-T
    This one car that I keep on forgetting its name that has 2 fans at the back and literally sucks itself to the ground...
    Thos are all I could think of now

But what I REALLY want are changable bumpers... You would be able to change just the bumper for more or less downforce and for style..

Silent night,
    Do you mean the Chaparral 2J (two fans powered by a snowmobile engine with Lexan skirts?) or the F-1 Brabham BT-46 (C?) "fan car"?

the new 2006 Subaru WRX Sti!!!

Yeah it is the Chaparral 2J...Thanks....

I think someone should hook up with hot wheels and make molds of some of the highway 35 or acceleracers designs, or any of the HW original designs.

and Dammod HPI makes the new STI. in the process of spraying one this weekend.

Bryan

the monster truck pepsi truck from the pdiddy pepsi commercial

pitstop are you sure hpi makes the new STI? i just checked. the only subaru thats similar to that is the 2001 Impreza WRX, and i think they make some sorta legacy...ahh...ok i see the body your talking about now..not the WRX though, it doesnt appear to be anyway.

I dont think they have the new Subaru WRX STi body. (cant c it on their site)
    This is how the new STi is gonna look:

You sure they have it?

Jeep Cherokee XJ

Second the 90+ Honda CRX SI

Third on the Porsche 944/928

Datsun 240Z

Gen 1 Durango

I'll vote for

Dodge Magnum

Chrysler 300

Lincoln LS

1/8 & 1/10(for a car!!!!!) 1973 XB GT Falcon coupe! MadMax's car with motor,fuel tanks the hole 9 yards 1970 Fury(cop car).Same scale but for a truck! Mid to late 70' Foard&Chevy pick ups,Vans.

"Christine" 54??? Plymouth Fury

More stuff:
    Alfa Romeo B.A.T. 5
    Alfa Romeo 155V6 TI DTM (Tamiya, please re-release or re-tool from 185mm to 190mm)
    MGBGT V-8
    Austin-Healy Sprite ("Frogeye" or "Bugeye")
    Mercedes-Benz "Unimog" (for the off-roaders)
    Renault-Williams "Clio" (mini)
    Renault R-5 Turbo (mini)
    Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (again, not the Kyosho weirdo 1/8.5th scale)
    Shelby King Cobra

I realize that some of these (if not all) are going to be challenging to be able to execute considering the limitations of vacuum forming, but Tamiya had been able to pull off tricky overhangs due to their brilliant (and expensive) split molds (notice the parting lines at the wheelwells on most or all of their bodyshells?). But since this is turning out to be a "wish list", I might as well shoot for the stars....(sigh).

My PTI Mustang cam in this weekend. I can not believe the depth they achived in the grill area... and none od Tamiya's break lines mid-hood. Just increadable.

Mike: Thanks! I didn't recognise the initials (can't think of the right word right now. ugh.) in FHC and DHC. I am familiar with the terminology, though, except for "shooting brake."

I'm pretty sure that all the bodies by HPI and Tamiya are licensed. Otherwise they'd get hit with serious lawsuits.

I doubt anyone would make a Munsters shell. Too many details and it's not exactly an aerodynamic design. I'd rather see a Beverly Hillbillies Truck hehehe

Boston: Thanks for the links! I did not know that there was a "regular" 356, but then I knew very little about the history of the car other than the VW connection. So, 356 Pre-A means made before October of '55. Pretty cool read!

Yaknow, a VW Karmann Ghia body would rock as well! I'll second your vote for the Plymouth Fury.

oh yeah, baby!

How did you get the pic of the Pre-A to be larger than the one on that site?

Or one of these beauties..............

Ford Capri Mk3 2.8i
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy89373
    slightly off topic, but going off of NWB's site, pic #26:
    (had image going, but decided not to work).

Back on topic, what about the VW Scirocco?
    Oh yeah, thats what i want, ive seen corrado shells, but i want a mk1 scirocco, probably cos i own one, but with scale bbs split rims it would be cool!

As for heating the lexan, i used to do vacuum forming to make cockpits for r/c planes. The lexan is heated by an element hinged above the vacuum box, so if you have a vacuum box just hinge an electric bar heater above it, once it droops, lift the heater, raise the plug and switch on the suction! Lexan doesnt stay plyable enough for long and cools quickly when you suck the air out.

Out of interest, i have a thunder tiger ssr citroen. Are there any other bodies that will fit this? Its 1/10 but bigger than a 1/10 touring car.