Notices

Thread: Sprint Cars and Dirt Oval

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Killer sprint car bod 
    I have most of my new bod installed now. Sprint car bodies are a pain to install. The two side pieces have multiple holes that all have to line up with the cage and bottom plate. Takes a bit of time and you have to take the car pretty much down to the chassis. But they are well protected so I don't expect to have to change it very often.

Griz

2. my cars 
    heres my auusie late model in 1/5 scale
    Attached Images

crazy a baja Late model.

Anyone know where I can get a Baja Matrix body? They're for 1/8 buggies.

Hey griz11 just wondering what the advantage of laying the shocks down so far is? Can you explain?
    thanks

hey guys, im verry intrested in running 1/8 scale buggy converted to dirt oval car. I currently drive the heck out of my mgt, but it is getting boring. and im getting the bug to race, at a track with people, sadly the mgt is never going to compete with the truggys, so,...

I have a basher buggy right now, a ofna ultra mbx pro.
    its got 10+ bashed hard gallons of fuel thru it, and its pretty beat. so im thinking maby a whole new chassi is a good idea to start with.
    thinking about the ofna ultra gtp oval setup.
    do most tracks make you run a .21? or can it be .26 or more?

i have to ask where do we find boddies for the oval conversions?
    all I keep finding are the stock gtp boddies, ( wich are cool ) but not a real dirt oval boddy.

I am also searching for fourms where guys that acutally run dirt oval post on. its dead around here. please point me in the right direction to find some info on running a dirt oval car. I realley dont want to go in with out doing my homework. like trying to figure out good weight oils to run in diffs and shocks, tires, ext...

7. Want a sprint also. 
    We race 360 winged sprint cars. I'm wanting to look into a 1/4 scale gas or a bit smaller nitro. I have a friend that opened up a indoor Go-kart racing facility. It would be great to race sprints on this track. I also want to look for a RC Go-kart. I haven't found any information on karts. If any of you know of company's, web-site's & forum's, please let me know. I do not want a kid's toy but, a man's toy ! lol

Looks like this may be a great thread.

Thanks,
    427HISS

Mike Dawg50- Please email me.
    Thank you

Well,. I took the plunge & placed a order for a WCM 1/4 scale sprint car. Can't wait to get it. Here are some WCM and other 1/4 scale pic's.
    Attached Images

Sorry, guess the pics here are not small thumb nail's.
    Attached Images

Anyone know who makes dirt oval shock towers for the RC10B4? www.speedysracingparts.com makes some decent looking towers but wondering what else is out there. My late model body just clears the stock shock towers but a shorter VCS onroad style shocks with more spring options would be better in my opinion

Unfortunatley the B4 is all modular and not as universal as RC10 based cars, now that AE discontinued most of their older RC10 parts forces the switch to a newer supported car

Anyways, if anyone knows of any other oval towers for the B4 please let me know.

Thanks,
    RJ

This is my losi 1/10 slider. Still stock but i plan to paint a custom body next summer. Sorry for the bad pic, it is really bad outside so i had to settle with the inside pic. i hope i posted the pics rite.

Here is my B4 converted Late Model. Unfortunately I moved away from the local oval track so now this car just sits on my shelf. It was a fun car and was plenty fast.
    Attached Images

Very nice Late Model !

Here's a few pics of my first WCM sprint. I had the wheels, nerf bars, bumpers ect. chromed. The wings are aluminum. I could not fit all of our sponsors like the big 360 sprint. I had made "Hoosier" stickers for the tires.

I built it for my best bud Chad, because he's letting me build a track on his acreage and I love him like a brother. He's the one is all black and says, that's awesome dude" ect......

http://www.youtube.com/user/427HISS
    Attached Images

Sweet Sprint.. I've seen that video on you tube a while ago while searching 1/4 scale sprints.

What a friend to give that as a gift, really shows someone who is unselfish... Good work..

Probably a long shot in the dark but I sold this car a few years ago. It's a vintage chain driven Custom Works Dominator. If anyone has one or knows where one is please let me know as I'd like to buy it/ buy it back.. Surely it would have made it onto someones shelf instead of the track as it was mint from top to bottom... A sale much regretted
    Attached Images

Hey all..been awhile since I have been on here, but I just recently picked up what appears to be an early wcm 1/4 scale sprint car. apparently was chain driven at one time, but is now belt. This is my first foray into large scale, and while im not really a sprint car fan,(more dirt latemodel, and stadium trucks/monster trucks) timing was right so i picked it up. It looks to be in good order, and runs great, but shocks are missing springs, couple of things need to be adjusted, so I figured I would get back on here again, and do some searchin...I may or may not keep it this way, as I would rather have a functional road or smooth dirt vehicle, or even trade it for a stadium truck in the future...so thats all for now...just thought id say all...

That's great. How much did you pay for it ? Any pics yet ?
    Yes, the newer wcm's use rubber belts and I'm sure if you contact them, you can buy gears & belts to convert it. They also have new billet shocks and springs.

hmm..I didnt get a notification of a reply..hmm..

anyways, I paid 500, runs great, and a also got a few boxes of hundreds of extra parts, and tires, and a new extra body. I am wondering if I should restore it, or make a bit of a custom roadster or rod, or altered style drag car. Ultimate goal is to finish it one way or another, and sell it to get another one, only offroad.

20. toyota dealer salt lake city 
    The Toyota Motor Company received its first Japanese Quality Control Award at the start of the 1980s and began participating in a wide variety of motorsports. Due to the 1973 oil crisis, consumers in the lucrative U.S. market began turning to small cars with better fuel economy.
    toyota dealer salt lake city