Notices

Thread: First Look! Tenth Technology Predator X10 4WD Competition Buggy

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    looks like a revo lookalike

I think a few year back this same company created a very unique electric touring car. I saw a couple of pictures here I believe (not sure...)

It was also a very unique looking/design touring car. After seeing those pictures, I never heard them again.

Trick looking 4wd electric buggy indeed. Now I want them to build a 1/8th Nitro buggy !

Quote Originally Posted by t to the maxx2
    Grow up.

Umm...wow. Sold.

The car looks awesome. Will other companies start doing real 4 wheel drive racers now besides Losi, Yokomo, and MRC?

The car looks very similar to the original one of 10 or so years ago.
    I'm sure it has changed markedly, but superficially it looks very similar.
    The car back then had a reputation ( not sure it was deserved though) of not being good on rough tracks, so with this years worlds being a rougher style track, it will be interesting to see how it performs.
    Also, could they not use a standard wheel hub? that would have saved us all buying new sets of wheels.

From what I can tell it is lacking big time on ground clearence. I'd imagine this thing was made for blue groove. All pro level off-road tracks are blue grooved like mad so this buggy shouldn't have a problem.

Very cool.

Wow. That looks absolutely stunning...I'm not into buggies but I gotta say, I'm blown away by the design of the X10...I want one!

It's about time!

I've been checking on their website since January.

Oh, and love the Revo suspension

Oh what a gip! That's such a total copy of this old buggy I remember from years ago - they made a TC out of it too but it wasn't developed very much. I remember Kinwald running the buggy a long time ago, and winning with it! What a ripoff! Total copy.

(yes, I'm kidding - it's nice to see another contender on the horizon, I just hope they have the drivers to run it and make it interesting)

I really like the adjustable rear toe in and the front wing.. Like most everyoe else here I wanna here a driving review or see it run someplace.

It would be interesting to see how well this buggy would handle rough tracks. Would be a blue groove bullet, no doubt about that.

I almost bought the touring car version that tower hobbies was selling but after hearing about how much of it issue it was to fit bigger cells in it, I passed.

I wonder if tower will pick these guys up again?

All in all nice, but I would like to see someone make a "team" level 4wd buggy. You don't need every option on the buggy to be competitive, and a vehicle that more people can get into helps grow the class which in turn sells more vehicles. I think that touring vehicle they had at tower was around $200 and looked good, maybe they could make a team version of this?

Anyway, great looking vehicle, not sure how durable it will be but great none the less.

I had both the touring and offroad version of TT's cars several years ago, and all I can say is I hope they consider US terrain before they release the car over here, in addition to establishing a distributor that will keep up on replacement parts. Both of my cars spent far more time on the shelf and being fixed than they did on the track. Wasn't worth the price of entry at the time. The buggy wasn't at all ready for duty on our rougher tracks. Yeah, it was a rocket, but so are all mod 4wd buggies. The touring car simply suffered from too much slop. The plastic used just seemed to hog out faster than anything else.
    This new car looks incredible, hopefully they've learned from the past. And to the guy that metioned this possibly being a clone of the Revo - Tenth Technology used this type of suspension long before Traxxas even considered it.

ohh my goodness..

My inner genius popped out when looking at the pics of the rear end, all I could think was, "thats smart!".

Definately like the rear toe section, very smart indeed.

Adn Schumacher had it on the front of the top cat in 1988!

The Revo is simply the first gas monster truck to use it......

Later EddieO

Wow. That car is mind blowing.

I like what I see and I like to see a full on no expense spared race car right off the bat ! a lot of that aluminum could be replaced with lighter and less expensive composit latter. I think a lot of people will be suprised at how adjustable the design will be for differant track's. It look's so damn trick !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AudiTT-Quattro
    Oh please no, I don't even want to see anything remotely like that in this thread. This type of suspension didn't start with the Revo...
    yeah I know... Maybe this would keep those kind of comments away

Quote Originally Posted by t to the maxx2
    nevermind

Ahem. I think Steve Pond made a mistake. This vehicle surely belongs in the AIRPLANE FORUM!! I swear, those suspension arms are actually lifting surfaces. This thing looks like it's about to take off!

I really like to see a departure from the traditional suspension design, you never know until you try, right? I would imagine that different cam links would be available to change the force on the shocks and the total travel available. I really like the design overall, too bad I don't have any saddle packs...

wow that looks nice!

I hope all the tranny problems as well as the arm problems are solved. Always loved the car...the touring version at least. Gonna miss the side by side config though.

i think that by counting this buggy out for rough tracks is an incorrect assumption. it's a matter of chanign cams and boom, you'll have more suspension travel. which would aid in the rougher tracks. though i am worried about it being an undistributed brand at the moment. it's like the motorcycle company KTM.yea sure u can get parts for it but it takes longer to get then if it were a more "common" brand.

Lookis very nice.
    stay classy