Notices

Thread: 1/5th scale showoff.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Most of you have probably seen this already, but I'm going to post it again. This is my bone stock Baja. I have a JPV3 on it, and when the weather gets a little warmer, I am going to put on the ESP 30.5 engine sitting on my counter.

http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....bb1cc0d43d382a

That's an awesome sound !

3. Baja 5B 
    here's a BAJA5B... to show off

is that yours???

wow i love that thing.

ok I just bought the firehammer and plan on buying a pipe I heard that jetpro aer the best what do you guys think ?b oh ye I am new to the 1/5 and to this fourm so be gental with me I do have the nitros so do know what is what with the rc'c

hey is there a 4 stroke made for them

That would be my first purchase, a good pipe. You will see the most gains just from that.
    I wouldnt worry about people flaming on you in here. 1/5 scale is not very poular in this Forum
    The FH is a great car. From my understanding most FG parts will fit your FH. I will warn you though, its very addictive. Once you start to mod them you wont know how to stop. There are tons of mods available.
    I just sent you a PM

Later

thanks Tig for all the advice

Any time
    If theres anything I can help with just drop me a line.

hey Tig which forum do you recommend

I've recently joind the world of large scale rc. Just picked up my 5B yesterday. I hope to put a couple of tanks through it this weekend.

Anyone with 5B wheel time have any advise? Anything special I should watch for?

WOOOOOOOOO, thats nice.
    Congrats on the new purchase
    check your in box

hey how come every one like the buggeys I am a truck freak

because i think the HPI is so much better than most other 1/5, it looks good and goes extremely well from what ive seen, (Bartson2Vegas HPI challenge). and looks like its made very well... i think the Firehammer ( like all Duratraxes) looks a bit cheapy.

leadfoot,
    people seem to like the buggy for its scale look, thats the first impression. They also handle like you wouldnt beleive. There suspension is awesome. I am to a Truck fan, thats why I have an MT. I am just so caught up in the this Baja binge. After all of the videos I have seen of it in action its truely an amazing buggy.

Balang,
    Not to sound like a dick, I think you probably could've left out the last line of your comment. If you think about it, Duratrax and FGs are pretty much the same layout, there are few differences, the most obvious being the bodies. Other than that they are pretty identicle. Thats my .02

ya but I really don't think that 1.000 bucks is cheap! I may be old and have five kids have you seen the videos on the FH I went too those other forums and they all think that they are for beginners !!!!!!!!!!!! I don"t think so

well, $1K is definately not cheap.
    I wouldnt go by others impressions, if you do, you're in the wrong hobby. Theres going to be a lot of people out there who are Brand Loyal and will put down any bodies car regardless of what it is. There's one guy inparticular who loves MCDs and dogs every FG out there. Me, I'm not into spending $1400 for a roller then another $1K+ for everything else, just to have 4 wheel drive.
    It doesnt matter what they think. I have seen quite a few videos of FHs in action, they look and perform just like a Marder. In fact they are pretty much identicle to a Marder. Forget about those clowns who have to bash others rides. You get what you like and what you can afford to get into Large Scale, PERIOD. If they dont like it F them.

Their probably built amazingly, but ive never had a good feeling about Duratraxes, its just me. Some of their designs in smaller scale machines dont seem very good, like the Warhead, the steering is horrible and heavy and everythign is just so crammed.
    Its just that personally i would always choose the Baja 5B over the Duratrax 1/5, but its just my opinion.

will TIG I think you are exactly right . I bouht it too get away from all the stress from work and the old lady so I am just planing on having fun with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran about 5 tanks through the baja today This thing is fun to drive. But it's a little slower off the line than I thought it would be. I guess I need to get a better pipe. But it jumps great and it's way tougher than I thought it would be also. I cartwheeled it a few times and not a crack anywhere on it. But I got it good and dirty

Hellz yeah!

too!!!!!!!!!!!! much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya my neighbor has the B5 he plans on puting the 2speed gear box in it but I know that the jetpro pipes are the hot ticket out there I plan on puting one on my FH truck when I get it it is supposed too be in next week?

hey 4DMNYC YOU HAVE WAY TOO MANY TOYS BUT NICE LOOKING COLLECTION

Man, I cant wait to get my Baja.
    4DMNYC,
    That should be the first thing you do to it, a decent pipe. They really wake up those motors. You do have quite the collection to.

lead,
    they make a 2 spd for our trucks and buggys not for the Baja, not yet.

Yeah I was looking around the hpibaja forum and It seems the jetpro pipe is the way to go. Definitly going to get that this week.
    I was cleaning it up last night and I noticed the pull start housing gets filthy inside. I had to pull it off to get it poperly cleaned out, but it was easy to do. Can't wait to burn a few more tanks through it.

If ya have any questions about that thing let me know. Also I think you said you had been there but sign up at hpibajaforum.com
    Things to watch for:
    weak shock shafts
    make sure the diff is filled (some came empty)
    check all the shock caps and make sure they are tight
    shove a piece of foam in the side pods, it will help keep the junk out.
    Thats all I can think of at the moment.