Thread: 1/5th scale showoff.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by balang_479
    is that yours???

wow i love that thing.
    yup, had it when it first came out.....

apparently my gf is crazy abt it...

and btw she made that crazy jump...

and she just couldn't stop playing it...

size comparsion

Nice looking Baja.
    I just got one , I'll be picking it up this coming weekend

you will love it Tig..
    log onto http://www.hpibajaforum.com

Has anyne tried putting a 4 stroke motor in those trucks. Once I finish with my scale Heli project, this will be my next project.
    Raptors
    Tmaxxes
    and some more to come..

I am very excited OutFrontFrames.
    I am a member there

hey TIG have you had any problems with your baja my neighbor can't seam too beable too start his he told me he thinks it has too be the choke or the fail safe I told him that I did not know because I still haven't got mine yet do to back order .and what is it with all the back orders it seams like every time I order somthing it gets put on back order.

leadfoot,
    I actually just got my Baja, I havent even started it yet. I will be taking it out today. If I have any problems I will post them up when I get back.
    As for the back orders. I dont think the industry expected such a boom with these little rascals. Its amazing how popular they are.

i was at the not so local hobby shop the other day (45 min away) just hanging out basically, and an older gentleman came in with one of the baja 5bs and could stop raving about it. said it was his first rc ever and loved it. the more i read about these things the more i want one. just cant afford a $1050 dollar purchase just yet. maybe if i sell the drumset. i did notice that the front wheels were held on by a simple e clip. doesnt seem like a very sturdy construction, sacrificial piece maybe (to save bigger more expensive parts) anybody else have this problem with the e clips falling off? does look incredible, though.

hey zepplin don't sale the drumms I did and it took me 3years of asking the old lady too get them back you may think of mowing lawns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .hey TIG we found out what was wrong with the baja it was the low speed needle was back out all the way my FH should be here next week?

im 22 years old and have a more than full time job, so mowing lawns is kinda outta the question. if i could just get a large chunk of cash i could get one.

hey zepplin just kidingabout the lawns

i know, its cool, but im about to got to extremes to get the 5b.

hmmm, that 7/11 is still open. hey ill be right back.

JUST KIDDING!!!

leadfoot,
    Thats good to hear. Nothing major. I just stopped by my local Moto shop and picked up some oil. I should be up and running very soon.
    I did take my FG MT out last night. Put frsh gears and a nice fresh tank of gas and fully synthetic oil, it was like a brand new truck. Sucker flies.

zepplin,
    I know how you feel man, I wanted one pretty bad to. I started selling all of my Electric and Nitro to fund this Gasser addiction. You should check out Ebay. Heck go run over to HPIBajaForum.com and check there classified section, seems to be a lot of them for sale lately. I wouldnt sell the drums, yet lol. I havent heard much about the clips being a problem, that is on the list of extras to get though. Go check out that site and join. Great guys with tons of info.

Later

heyTIG what web site did you find the 2 speed trans for our truck did it fit the FH I order a jet pro pipe and I would like too get the 2 speed trans for it . hell I don't even have it yet and I am modifing it or at least buying the stuff for it.

I got my parts from LargeScaleRC.com, Troy is a great guy and ships fast. I got my gears in less than 24hrs. I am not sure if it will fit the FH, I dont see why it would'nt. It's basically the same layout. Hmmm, I would ask Troy to be honest.
    Thats cool, what have you purchased so far?

TIG I bought the pipe that it so far but I am looking into some lights and i am going too look into that 2 speed trans did it come as one trans or did you have to modify yor stock transI wonder if the FG & FH have the same lauout I guess I will have to send a e-mail to LargeScalrc.com.lit me know if you here any thing about the trans thanks

Hi leadfoot,
    The 2 speed comes as an assembly. Its part number is FG07451, check it out on LargeScaleRC.com. I htink it will fit, not sure, please dont quote me on that. But, for some reason I think it will. Give Troy an e-mail and see what he says.
    Good Luck, I hope everything works out. keep me posted.
    Later

Hi TIG I got a e-mail from your boy troy about the 2speed trans and he said that no one makes a 2speed for the firehammer. I would like you too take a picture of yours and see if I can maybe I can make something work what do you think? thanks again

It wont fit. Hmm, I will see if I can find a picture of a 2 speed installed. If not I'll take a pic of mine and send it over to you. Anything is possible my freind. I'll be back.

prices are too high at www.fgperformance.com

that link doesnt work.
    a 2 speed will go for about $200.
    my camera is not working for some odd reason. I will look around at other links and check out some galleries to find one.

hi TIG ya I am diging in to this to see if I can make something work but no big hurry

Gatcha