Notices

Thread: HPI Hellfire 1/8 Nitro Truck

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. HPI Hellfire 1/8 Nitro Truck 

WOW! HPI says... <BR><BR>Coming soon from HPI Racing is the Hellfire, a purpose built, Ready-to-Run high performance, 1/8 scale four wheel drive monster truck. The Hellfire offers maximum performance in all conditions by combining the durability characteristics of the Savage with the agility of 1/8 scale buggies. The truck has a wide range of tuning adjustments, is extremely lightweight and features all-new suspension and steering geometries. It has been designed to allow for easier maintenance with simplified differential access, high quality hex hardware and no e-clips are used anywhere.

The Hellfire will sit along side the Savage in the HPI monster truck line-up. The Hellfire is fast, low and aimed at track enthusiasts, while the Savage is a proven “basher” with oversized durability and maximum ground clearance. Both trucks will be available in ready-to-run and kit versions.

Due for release before the end of the year, stay tuned for more information on the Hellfire.

Hellfire features:

• Purpose built high performance monster truck right out of the box. This is not a buggy conversion!
    • Internal drive ratio is optimized for .21 and .28 size race engines.
    • Steering and suspension geometries are designed specifically for this truck to maximize performance.
    • Low center of gravity for increased responsiveness and better chassis balance.
    • The front and rear differentials can be removed by taking out six screws.
    • The removal of four screws allows access to the center differential.
    • No e-clips are used, anywhere!
    • Hex sockets reduce the possibility of a stripped screw.
    • Adjustable front and rear inboard toe with convenient urethane eccentric bushings.
    • Front inboard toe angle adjustments: 0 degrees to -2 degrees.
    • Rear inboard toe angle adjustments: 2 degrees to 4 degrees.
    • Adjustable front and rear camber using strong steel turnbuckles.
    • The camber can be fine tuned to suit your track conditions.
    • Anti-dive adjustments: 0 degrees to 2 degrees in 0.5 degree increments.
    • Anti-squat adjustments: 1.5 degrees to 3.5 degrees in 0.5 degree increments.
    • Front kick-up angle: adjustable from 21 to 25 degrees.
    • 24 possible shock positions available to fine tune your suspension.
    • Spring clips are included to fine tune your ride height.
    • Four different shock pistons are included for a wide range of tuning options.
    • Different compression and rebound can be achieved with tapered shock pistons.
    • Damping can be fine tuned with different diameter holes.
    • Adjustable steering geometry.
    • Adjustable brake bias to control entry steering and jumping.
    • Chassis braces included to adjust overall chassis stiffness for smooth or bumpy tracks.
    • New, high RPM .28 K4.6 HO engine with increased HP and torque.
    • Hard anodized exhaust pipe for maximum power.
    • High flow 2 stage air filter for maximum engine protection and increased engine performance.
    • Continuous radius exhaust header for maximum exhaust flow and power.
    • Wire routing protects wires from moving parts.
    • Fuel tube routing system prevents line breakage and promotes better fuel delivery.
    • Fuel splash guard keeps fuel splashes away from the brake disk and drivetrain.
    • 150cc fuel tank for longer run times than buggy spec 125cc equipped trucks.
    • Internal fuel tank filter and external high quality fuel filter for maximum engine protection.
    • Low center of gravity flush mounted radio box.
    • Secure transponder mounting system.
    • 1100 mah, 5-cell receiver pack with 2 hour wall charger included.
    • New high strength aero dish wheel with 17mm hex for added durability.
    • All driveshafts are CV style joints maximum durability and high efficiency.
    • 3.5mm titanium nitride coated shock shafts for durability and maximum performance.
    • Titanium nitride suspension pins are extremely durable and provide smooth suspension action.

Not even a picture! AGH!! I'm not even in the market for a 1/8th scale monster, and I'm frustrated. You nitro truckers must be going crazy!

C'mon Pede, I see a bunch of pictures!

Actually, speedy Pede posted the nanosecond I had the text up, before I could get the pics up in the next few minutes after. He's quick!
    --Pete

This is what Tamiya gets for dragging its heels on the TNX COncept truck

i think this truck is gonna start another cult like the savage

looks surpisingly similar to the hpi rush evo...it better be 23mm hd compatable...its gonna be very expensive!!!

whoops i meant similar to the mt2 18ss http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/ki...sis_lfront.jpg

So can any Hot Bodies experts shed light on whether this is a Lightning Stadium with different clothes?

Wow, that looks really nice. It does look alot like the MT2 18ss. Does anyone know of a price estimate yet? Great work HPI!

Looks good, im also curious about the price and what engine that is. That must be a new engine I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetskiboy77
    Looks good, im also curious about the price and what engine that is. That must be a new engine I would think.
    In the description it say it is a new engine(quote) • New, high RPM .28 K4.6 HO engine with increased HP and torque. So it's probably pretty similar to the regular K4.6.

I am supprised no rotostart.

This will definately be my next car. I've had the Savage for 4 months and love it. I have only good experience with HPI.

And with my nickname, Hellbilly, how can i not have a car called Hellfire!

Looks like HPI is serious about truggy racing...

Good work...Another RC on my list...

Awesome, i'd like it with the 2 or 3 speed

That thing looks awsome!!! if that engine makes more power than the savage 4.6 its going to be crazy!

What a wicked name. Besides that, cool looking truck, we need more details! by details, I mean pics.
    Don't be so humble, you're not that great
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

AWESOME, comes w/ batts and a charger too!

Quote Originally Posted by slaf
    Looks like HPI is serious about truggy racing...
    Well Im not sure about this. HPI says its a purpose built MONSTER truck NOT a buggy conversion so this leads me to believe its made to go against the Revo,lst,tnx class instead of truggy class. Hey if traxxas can do it why not HPI.

Ahh now I see it has a center diff so truggy or MT class?

wonder if theyll make a buggy out of it to

Colt, It wont need a rotostart, if its like any other truggy it will be starter box compatible!

i was going to say something about the "truggy" remark too. But like you i noticed its clearly a buggy design, just not released as a buggy.

HPI cut out the middle man on this one. HB, GS ect all built buggy's then turned them in to truggies. HPI made a purpose built truggy, im still not entirely sold on it not being a very slighly tweaked HB lightning chassis.

In places with with enough trucks to run both truggy and MT class's i'll be willing to bet its going to be a truggy. Also its a BB so the revo/TNX owners dont have much to worry about except the tamiya TRF guys might have to install a BB to compete with it.
    Da Goose

oh, that is sooo sweet! i wonder how much itll be. id get it when it comes out but i have no money that im not already spending on something else (and i NEED what im spending it on). i wonder if theyll make a 1/8 buggy...

Well that just made my day! Thats absolutely SICK!!! Time to make some room for another truck.

you can prolly just bolt up buggy wheels and go finding a body to fit may b a lil more difficult

im scared to see the price tag all it needs for a basher is rotostart and u are set wont need to buy anything else. i wonder what kind of hex it is 23mm? or 17mm?
    Last edited by ron1431; 09-02-2005 at 04:06 PM.