Notices

Thread: Mini Project

1. Mini Project 
    I'm think of making the fastest mini out. But should I use the RC18T or the Duratrax Vendetta. But the Vendetta is bigger. Also I plan on using the Mamba 8000kv and the Mamba 25 esc. And I think the Mamba 25 esc can handle 12 cels or 3 Li-po. So I 'm think of using 12 cells, because 12*1.2= 14.4 volts, but 3 li-po are 11.1 volt. That should mean that I can get about 26,400 more volt using 12 cells.So what do you think, and other ideal are welcomed also.

Thanks,
    Shawn

I was told that the ideal speed setup is the 6800 on 4 cell lipo, more speed than 8000 on 4 cell lipo becuase the 8000 has a rpm limit apparantly

why is that?, and how can you put 4 lipo on a Mamba 25 that can only take 3 lipo

Mamba can sorta support 4s lipo, but you lose warranty coverage. I've never tried 4s, but I've heard of it being done.

And motors like to run around 50,000 rpm, so when you try your 3s lipo on a 8000 lipo then you're attempting 88,000+ rpm. It'll run, just not efficiently.

On one hand I don't want to discourage you, but on the other hand, have you tried driving a micro sized car above 50 mph?

Edit: I thought this was the micro forum, but its fastest car forum. Go fast as you can!!
    Last edited by ducati777; 09-26-2005 at 04:21 PM.
    Traxxas ERBE, 2Slash, XO-1, Associated SC10FT, Frog, 5th Scale Titan, and a small air force.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/zaviac778

As you can see, i have never had a mini, but how hard is it to drive that those speeds. And is it a way to make it steer better at those speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2slow
    As you can see, i have never had a mini, but how hard is it to drive that those speeds. And is it a way to make it steer better at those speeds?
    Well the 18t can be really difficult to drive at speed because its steering has a bit of slop, which translated into unpredictable high speed handling. I find it hard to go straight much above 40mph.

However, I keep thinkin about this, just add a gyro. Install one of those 35 dollar gyro's for micro heli's and the problem should be solved, you should be able to smash about at high speed and the car would self correct to stay on line. If you were serious about high speeds and micro sizes, I'd definately try it. Shame my rc budget is on hold or else I'd give you a first hand review.
    Traxxas ERBE, 2Slash, XO-1, Associated SC10FT, Frog, 5th Scale Titan, and a small air force.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/zaviac778

Well now I'm looking more on the Duratrax Vendetta side, since it is about 2 inches longer, about 3 inches wider and about 100 grams more. So do you think that the Vendetta will handle a little better than the RC18T since it is bigger.

why not go for xray m18 or what ever it is a micro touring might get u going faster

What ever you do go with the lipos... even if the voltage is less... they are a lot lighter.

Well, how fast does a Mamba 8000 and 6 cell go, in a RC18T

I got my rc18t going 64 mph, with a 5700 kv motor and a 3-cell LiPo pack... I had no problems running it straight... If I remember correctly I run 56/19 gearing on that particular run..

I sold the rc18t.. gonna try Mini-t speeds next..

Were you turning or what at that speed, and is that the stock gear.And why the Mini T, they wheelie so much.

My mini-t won't wheelie, unless I want it to wheelie I thought I'd give a mini-t try since the gears are protected and the chassis is very easy to modify... Also being 2wd, means one diff less to worry about + I can gear it higher with the same motor..

I think the stock gearing on rc18t is 55/14, but dont quote me on that...

So more teeth more speed, less teeth less speed. Is that right, or not

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2slow
    So more teeth more speed, less teeth less speed. Is that right, or not

More teeth on the pinion will make it faster (to a certain point). Also, a spur with LESS teeth will also make it faster (again, to a certain point). I say to a certain point because at some point a larger pinion (or smaller spur) will start to make the motor overheat (can't turn over the gear) and actually start to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja-Destroyer
    why not go for xray m18 or what ever it is a micro touring might get u going faster

I totally agree. As soon as I can afford an M18 thats what I'm gonna try. I have a Mini-T (Hence the user name) but I don't plan on trying to make it fast, inless someone has a good reason why stadium trucks are better for speed.

I personally think a 12th scale car with a mamba system would be the fastest way to go. I would love to see it done. If anyone knows of pics of one, let me know.

And I mean the mini system, not the new 10th.

Thanks,Randy

Why use only 4s? Get a Lehner 1510 series motor with around 2000kv and put 8s lipo through it. That'd be a tad faster than your little mamba. Castle creations isn't the only system out there, in fact there is a lot of power to still be had. Somebody even used a 1/12th scale with the Novak HV-MAxx to hit 70 mph. That motor is far too big for that car, so imagine what a proper setup would do.