Notices

Thread: AMPS/international hobbies

1. AMPS/international hobbies 
    Its been awhile since I have looked for these boats. Does anybody know about the AMPS outboards or International hobbies boats.

The company went out of business. It was in the process of reopening but it looks like things fell through.

3. AMP's/TMP 
    Sorry Ron but you are wrong to some extent. Amp's products made and sold by TMP (of Chatteris in the UK). The business closed when Millar Agnew retired and moved from Chatteris to Datchworth to be nearer his sons. I know that because I helped Millar clear the equipment out from his home/workshop.
    Millar was a personal friend of mine and is now about 86 years old and was in his late 70's when he decided it was all too much for him and felt that he should call it a day.
    He sold off everything in job lots to many people.
    BUT then I came across a certain American person who is (or was) involved on maintenance of fire station equipment and put him in touch with Millar.
    As a result Millar was trying to buy back certain bits of the business and ship it out to the guy in the States. Millar thought the American might be a better repository for the TMP equipment/moulds and knowledge.

Funny thing is that recently I received an (automatic?) update of this American guy's new email address.
    I have not seen or heard anything about the business being recreated from the TMP ashes.
    It was a shame for me because it was only a 30 minute drive for me to see Millar.

The last that I'd seen was a web site that was in the process of getting set up then it was gone. I think that it was Steve Pond or one of the other Air Age Editors that was looking for them quite a while back.

Yes, the guys name was Tony Rogillio and the web site was customrcboats.com. I would love to know if anybody out there is planning to continue making these. We had a blast with them when I was a kid!

Hey guys, I'm bringing this post up from the past. I did a search and found it. I just recently aquired an International Hobbies AMPS outdrive. And was wondering 2 things:
    1. Does anybody know anything about them? Are they an alright outdrive? Known problems or downfalls with them?
    2. Did the company ever resurface again? Or are they still under? (Or are there other outlets to get parts/etc to repair/maintain the drive?)

Any help to a new boater would be greatly appreciated! I've been reading and learning from this forum for a bit now. And figured I should finally post.

Thanks

All that was stated previously is still correct.

8. Question  
    Any new Info on who has the tooling for the outboards? I would very much like to find this gentleman. I will put this tooling back to use.

Please email me only with any contact Info...

Thanks,
    Derrick
    collett00@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by stealthassassin View Post
    Any new Info on who has the tooling for the outboards? I would very much like to find this gentleman. I will put this tooling back to use.

Please email me only with any contact Info...

Thanks,
    Derrick
    collett00@comcast.net
    See
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_64...tm.htm#7018459

RC Universe gets there eventually!!!

10. Unhappy International Hobbies 
    Quote Originally Posted by f1boat View Post
    Its been awhile since I have looked for these boats. Does anybody know about the AMPS outboards or International hobbies boats.
    Hello to All, I worked for these guys in the late 80's and had a few of the boats loved them.
    They where based out of Denver CO. Some problems with the feds so they locked it up and that was the end.

Any clues where these guys are now ?? I am still on the hunt for any outboards or parts !!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by clutch View Post
    Any clues where these guys are now ?? I am still on the hunt for any outboards or parts !!

Bob
    Back to the RCU site -see http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6469484/anchors_7849602/mpage_3/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7849602

Bob McCarthy (OCDRA) has some things to offer now

13. I'm still alive 
    Tony Rogillio, owner AMPS Products. What do you fellows need ? Best Regards.

14. Amps Products 
    Quote Originally Posted by f1boat View Post
    Tony Rogillio, Mabank, Texas , owner of AMPS Products,....What can I assist you with ?

15. Still Here John 
    Quote Originally Posted by RCUK John View Post
    Sorry Ron but you are wrong to some extent. Amp's products made and sold by TMP (of Chatteris in the UK). The business closed when Millar Agnew retired and moved from Chatteris to Datchworth to be nearer his sons. I know that because I helped Millar clear the equipment out from his home/workshop.
    Millar was a personal friend of mine and is now about 86 years old and was in his late 70's when he decided it was all too much for him and felt that he should call it a day.
    He sold off everything in job lots to many people.
    BUT then I came across a certain American person who is (or was) involved on maintenance of fire station equipment and put him in touch with Millar.
    As a result Millar was trying to buy back certain bits of the business and ship it out to the guy in the States. Millar thought the American might be a better repository for the TMP equipment/moulds and knowledge.

Funny thing is that recently I received an (automatic?) update of this American guy's new email address.
    I have not seen or heard anything about the business being recreated from the TMP ashes.
    It was a shame for me because it was only a 30 minute drive for me to see Millar.
    John, I'm still here. Trying to get the boats back in the market place. I had to take a leave of absence due to some health issues but, having that behind me, I'm going to do my best to get the boats out there at fair market value and get rid of these COLLECTOR prices that everyone is having to pay at the present time. If someone is out there and needs parts, contact me at dustrm@msn.com . Good to know you are doing well.

Best Regards,
    Tony Rogillio
    Mabank, Texas
    AMPS Products

Hi Tony,

Just checking to see if there's any word on whether these will be available again. Do you have a website?

For those of you that are unaware Millar Agnew died at the age of 87 about the beginning of December 2009. His son posted the announcement on RCU.

Millar was one hell of a nice guy.