Notices

Thread: New Motor Idea

1. New Motor Idea 
    Hey guys just thinking here but has anyone thought of putting a super highspeed drill motor in one of these beasts? I cant enter because of money reasons but there are some drills out there that will do 50,000 rpm's. the only problem i can think of is power draw. Any ideas?

Why not a normal RC motor then?

The only advantages of drill motors are torque, I assume by having such a high RPM motor, you would love that torque, which puts you at square one.

50,000 RPM isn't fast. Your average modified brushed 540 motor can do that.
    The best motors for this contest are going to be motors designed for RC use. There are enough companies producing a wide enough range of motors that we don't really need to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Soupisgoodfood
    50,000 RPM isn't fast. Your average modified brushed 540 motor can do that.
    The best motors for this contest are going to be motors designed for RC use. There are enough companies producing a wide enough range of motors that we don't really need to look elsewhere.
    Outrunners

Quote Originally Posted by Jev
    Outrunners
    Well Outrunners would work, but I want a solid rear axle else we are talking about the worlds fastest RC spinning top.

Quote Originally Posted by trailranger
    Well Outrunners would work, but I want a solid rear axle else we are talking about the worlds fastest RC spinning top.
    Why would you not be able to use an outrunner for that?