Notices

Thread: Are Motorcycles Aloud?

1. Are Motorcycles Aloud? 
    Hey a motorcycle would be awesome for this. Its lighter and very Aerodynamic.

It depends which pipes you are using. Some are louder than others. I'm not certain that noise level is restricted for this competition. Main rules are wheel driven, under 40" and no thrust-powered vehicles.

is that --allowed?

or aloud as in 'eck thats loud?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Biker
    Are motorcycles allowed? Hey a motorcycle would be awesome for this. Its lighter and very Aerodynamic.
    In the Car Action World's Fastest RC Car Challenge? Well, I can think of at least one reason why they aren't allowed. See if you can guess what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NotWalkinBlind
    In the Car Action World's Fastest RC Car Challenge? Well, I can think of at least one reason why they aren't allowed. See if you can guess what it is.
    I gave up, so
    I read the rules...

1. Wheel-driven vehicles only. Vehicles powered by thrust (jet, rocket, propeller, etc.) are not allowed. Turbine power is allowed only if the turbine is used to drive the wheels, not for thrust.

2. Vehicles may be powered by engine(s) or motor(s) of any number and configuration.

3. Vehicles may be any weight, with any chassis configuration and any number of wheelsóbut the completed vehicle may not exceed 40 inches (1016mm) in length.
    Last edited by Tim'sLosi; 12-04-2005 at 07:52 PM.

The rules also state:

Special awards will also be given for "Most Innovative Design," "Fastest-Looking", "Fastest Production Car" (for vehicles that are still recognizable as production-based cars and trucks), "Fastest Engine-Powered Car" and "Fastest Electric Car." We may also make up some awards at the event, based on the type of vehicle that show up (Fastest Monster Truck? Fastest Motorcycle? Surprise us!). It's a top-speed contest, but we'll also reward creativity and originality; we don't want every car to be a rail with 20 cells.

This is really about the fastest VEHICLE, and motorcycles are indeed allowed. As are trikes, six-wheelers, etc. Heck, if you think you can build a 120mph gyro-balanced unicycle, go for it!

Back to tech talk: the only trouble I see with a two wheeler (other than launching it) is a lack of traction. I predict many cars will be capable of higher speeds than they actually reach because the tires break loose. When aerodynamic drag exceeds the tires' grip, the wheels are going to spin as surely as if you'd parked the car against a curb and punched the throttle. Two tires will always have more grip than one.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterV
    The rules also state:
    This is really about the fastest VEHICLE, and motorcycles are indeed allowed. As are trikes, six-wheelers, etc. Heck, if you think you can build a 120mph gyro-balanced unicycle, go for it!
    Ok.What about tracks? Say someone wants to run there Tank?

Go for it!

Its not allowed because it says the worlds fastest rc CAR challenge not the worlds fastest rc vehicle challenge

^ did you even bother reading?

yes i do and i know that you can enter a motorcycle i was just giving an answer to Notwalkblinds question

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirider
    Its not allowed because it says the worlds fastest rc CAR challenge not the worlds fastest rc vehicle challenge
    So if I put a car body on my tank and call it a car with tracks I can run it?

Heh. This should be interesting. I for one, would definitely like to see a really fast tank

...Does this 40" thing include 1/5th scale?

a brushless tank would be a really good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Tim'sLosi
    It depends which pipes you are using. Some are louder than others. I'm not certain that noise level is restricted for this competition. Main rules are wheel driven, under 40" and no thrust-powered vehicles.
    I got it...dunno about anyone else (but I was thinking the same thing )

lol