Notices

Thread: NUREMBERG Tamiya Dark Impact 4WD buggy

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    I have been thinking of getting a 4x4 electric buggy, and this Dark Impact looks interesting. I was looking at the Top force, but not sure what would be better. I have never had an electric except for a Hawk 2, and a rc10t2. So i was wondering what kind of hop ups you can use on the Tamiya's, and can you use tires that are for other buggies, or is the only option the stock ones?

dom223,

The Top Force is an old timer, it uses the old TA02 chassis, which I think
    is over ten years old buy now. There will be Tamiya Hop-up parts for
    the Dark Impact. I see that you only have owned 2WD buggies, the 4WD
    will definitely give you some new excitement!

JH

I'm really liking the look of this buggy! The transmission concept is certainly a result of thinking out of the box. I would be really surprised if Tamiya don't release a TRF version...on their site, they sound like they're really hyping this machine up as a racer.

Dom223, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to switch the tyres/wheels for any that are designed for 4WD buggy use.

Small picture but good enough to be wallpaper on your cellular phone screen.
    Last edited by Mr. Schumacher; 03-13-2006 at 12:30 PM.

Sweet picture!

Mr. S, any more updated pics? or info? the whole black thing reallly looks nice.

For more pictures, please buy this month issue of RC Magazine (Japan).
    They have a full review of this new bad (black) boy!

wish magazines would let you buy pdf versions...

I cant really buy the mag, but i really want some more info. Anyone got it and can tell us a bit more about the car? it's obviously got ball diffs but what about a sliper?

Nice. If its being reviewed, then it's just a matter of time before it will hit the hobby shop shelves.

I just hope that someone could eventually scan the article or some photo and post it here to enlighten all of us who just don't have access to the mag.It is funny that Tamiya themshelves seem not to be really interested to promote this one outside Japan.It would be nice if someone from Tamiya USA,could give us some more info.

Quote Originally Posted by SkidRow
    I just hope that someone could eventually scan the article or some photo and post it here to enlighten all of us who just don't have access to the mag.It is funny that Tamiya themshelves seem not to be really interested to promote this one outside Japan.It would be nice if someone from Tamiya USA,could give us some more info.
    You can't say they are not promoting it when they had it at the show with a good display. I think they are doing well for not over hyping something before it is released. I prefer it when a company does it this way.

That looks well done

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Justhandguns
    dom223,

The Top Force is an old timer, it uses the old TA02 chassis, which I think
    is over ten years old buy now. There will be Tamiya Hop-up parts for
    the Dark Impact. I see that you only have owned 2WD buggies, the 4WD
    will definitely give you some new excitement!

JH

I mostly drive nitro, so electrics are some what unfamiliar to me except for my old hawk 2, and rc10t-2. I want a Tamiya because from the old days of rc i remember them to have a reputation for durability, and an electric 4x4 buggy soounds like fun. I like hop ups, so will the Dark Impact have good parts support?
    And i will only use this for bashing so i was wanting to make sure that an rc like this will work good for the back yard or other typical bashing spots? Oh yeah, i also would like to know what other brands make tires that fit these buggies?

Thanks

I am assuming this buggy will use the standard set of 1/10 scale buggy tires front and rear, so you have a decent selection from Losi and proline Holeshots front and rear. If 4wd takes off, hopefully proline will make more compounds.

Tamiyas are excellent basher vehicles, so you should be quite happy with it.

I received an answer from Rainbowten a couple of weeks ago and they told me it's gonna dent about $195 US dollars onto my bank account to ship that thing straight from Japan with insured EMS. I just don't have that much $$$ that I thought I had so I'm gonna hold off on the purchase for now. From the look of it, it might worth $50 bucks increase from GH/RS...

Mr. Schumacher, does it really come with slipper clutch or it was just a cover that made it look like it has one like the one in Desert Gator?

Yes, there's not slipper clutch (option parts) but I'm sure TRF will come out with a high performance clutch set later on.

i remember doing the no slipper thing with the first SB Sport. Not fun. if you have an esc where you can current limit (like the Tekin G10) it wasn't bad but if you don't, be very easy on the throttle especially running mod.

The tires are now for sale at least on etamiya.com, items number 53878, 53879, 53880, 53881.

Just waiting for the rest of the buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Schumacher
    Yes, there's not slipper clutch (option parts) but I'm sure TRF will come out with a high performance clutch set later on.
    What about gear selection? I hope we're not limited to 17T/19T cuz I'm about to cancel to order if they do it again *sigh*

Why Tamiya, WHY????

I don't think the gearing will be too limited, judging by these pictures here:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51247

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51248

Also notice that they've finally used a finer pitch for all the internal gears

Does anyone have an idea if a Hacker C40s or a Feigao 380C brushless motor might fit in the Dark Impact?
    The motor wires of these motors are soldered on at a 90 angle..

reading my mind tdkclass reading my mind.

Some pictures which apparently haven't been posted here yet:
    http://www.tamiya.de/de/modelle/mode...uktdetails.htm
    Click on the numbers on the right side to get a slightly bigger version popup.

24. Pre-order for Dark Impact 
    Hey guys...

There is a website where you can pre-order the Dark Impact. The company is in Europe. The kit is being offered for 134 GBP or $234 USD. Seems a little pricey.

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/off_road_cars.htm

It's the last one under "Tamiya RC Model Off Road Electric Cars" categories TA58370

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/home.htm
    Main page...scroll down to "coming soon"

Here in Germany you can preorder the car in many online stores. Is the situation that different in the usa?