Notices

Thread: SuperVee 27

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. SuperVee 27 
    hey all, we got a sneak peak at the new boat from Hobbico this last weekend. it's the Super Vee 27. it's RTR, it's 12 cells, and it's BRUSHLESS!!!!! i didn't get to run it personally as the other guys in the club had it tied up all afternoon. but i got a good look at it, and saw it on the water. one word: IMPRESSIVE!!!! here's a few pics of it on the stand. the only bummer is that i don't think i have any running pics. i'll see if i can get some. the MAFE club is thinking about getting some for a club points series. i'll be getting one for sure. price is under $300 RTR minus batteries.

now to make a point...this is an RTR brushless boat that can run in exsess of 30mph. 35mph with a better prop. it kept all of us entertained for an afternoon...if you've seen the boats at MAFE, it's not an easy task (speed addicts, to say the least)! handling is excellent. speed is great. looks are perfect. what else can i say? if you want to more, just ask. if i don't know the answer i'll get it. i think this boat is awesome, and i'd love to see everyone get one. i know this sounds like an ad, but those of you that know me should know better, i'm promoting it because i like it, not because someone wants me too!!! so here's a few pic's. pic's by Doug R. aka Drobie.

...but wait...my pic didn't go up?
    Attached Images

more...
    Attached Images

last one, for now. i'll see if i can get more from one of the other guys in the club. we're all pretty excited about this boat. now, does hobbico have a position open for a salesperson? hmmm...career change? the next time i run into someone at my locat pond, i will tell them to have a look at this boat. 2nd bummer...it seems that the release date got pushed back a few more weeks. anyone who's interested, i'll keep you posted.
    Attached Images

Nice boat .I hope they post a vid of this boat like all their other boats,on thier website.

i have to find a link, but i think one of the guys from the club has a vid. i'll try to find it.

what kind of run times were you getting out of it? Do you know when the official release is?

Thanks,
    Drew

i think the release got moved to july or august . run times are 6 minutes if i remember correctly. the idea behind the boat was to get near race speeds but with enough run-time to keep a novice interested. there's no point to an entry level boat that can only run for 2 minutes.

What is the radio range and reception like? Also can it be run on 14 cells or is it limited to 12?

the radio is made by futaba. to me that means standard futaba quality. besides...most radios have range that extends beyond our sight (typically 1km). i do not know about going above 12 cells. i can ask. i don't know why you'd need more, i think that 30 to 35 mph is plenty for a boat like this. i plan on having one by the end of summer, as the release date got pushed back.

here's a short clip of the SuperVee under way. it's only 35 seconds, but i think it gets the point across. this vid was shot at the beautiful Madison Area Fast Electrics site in Mazomanie, WI on lake Marion.

http://www.rcflix.com/photopost/data...rVee_small.wmv

Thanks for the vid. I also think 30-35 mph is fast enough. I plan to get this boat and just wanted to confirm what batteries I should get for it.

the batteries in the hull when that vid was shot were DTX 3600's if memory serves.

Do you know what the temperature of the motor, esc, batteries is like after a run?

Wow, that thing is moving.

All for under 300 bucks with a brushless to boot. SOLD!

I have a nitro auqawajet with a 18 upgrade engine and a macs pipe and my boat is slower than that!!!.

I just ordered a yellow one. I hope these come in soon. I have a couple Villain EXes to race.
    Nitro Good!

you say the the batteries are Dura trax 3600's????but are they nicad,NiMH or li po????????????????

The ones that Tower sell with the Deans Plugs already installed are 3800 NiMHs.
    Link: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMND3&P=6
    Nitro Good!

just to be clear...batteries not included. and the DTX 3600's are NiMh.

Can you run LiPo?

Fine Design has 2P for 89.00. I use them on my tunnel they were fantastic 9 min run time.

2 of thes in series would be sweet on that setup if the controller could take it.

MOTOboat

i don't know a thing about LiPo's. first problem though, would be the CG. even with the cells stuffed way back, the CG may end up too far forward. i'm not sure about the software inside the ESC but it may not have the appropriate cutoff values for LiPo's either. if you want inexpensive GOOD nimh cells, check out the elite 3600s. i've seen 'em go and they rock. i should probably get some myself.

I hadn't tried a lipo yet in my boat, because where I trun is a possibility it'll be lost downstream with lots of brush and woods , ect. Otherwise I would try it, this super vee is my next boat, yaya

Hey Doc, I'm new but this brushless craze is funny to me.... I got my son the Super Vee and my daughter was spankin him like he stole something with his Villain EX and the only mod done to the Villain was a Monster motor upgrade, so I highly doubt that the boat runs 30+ mph, not that we have a radar gun to see...

where did you find one? as far as i can see it's not even coming out for a few more weeks. did you do any adjustments, or run it straight out of the box? the boat will probably need to be trimmed. what kind of batt's did you use, old or underpowered cells will make for a flat performer.