Notices

Thread: SuperVee 27

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NORTEX,
    Sounds like you're getting the handle. I was in the same boat, no pun, you were, 5 months ago, when I purchased my first boat (SV27).
    Now, I'm addicted......I have the FE disease.

I mostly sport around too because there aren't many boaters to run with around here. Occasionally I can race others.

Keep up on the mx of your batteries, as that is the weakest link, IMHO.

Do you have a cell balancer for your lipos? That is the best mx for those.

I dont have a ballancer yet because I have found that 2s lipos dont need to be ballanced. They can be, but usually(unless abused) are within .5 volts of each other so I dont feel like spending $50 to gain .5 of a volt if that. I will be getting a ballancer though soon as I plan on picking up a couple more lipos.

Check into a Blinky Balancer.....only $20 at most LHSs. Using one while charging lipos also gives some added safety.

I would like to add my most recent findings on the SV, if you keep running 14 high drain type cells in the boat you are sure to fry the reciever..... don't ask how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1
    .. don't ask how I know.
    I won't do you think 12 cells are safe?

Anyone know of any places where the SV27 is not out of stock?

I'll post in the for sale forums for like new and used ones.

talk to me, I got 2 a red one and a blue one both with bad recievers in them and at a good price to your door!!! the red one has gone 38mph and the blue has gone 37mph!!!

One of my LHS's has one in stock, http://www.extremehobbies.us/ and ship worldwide.

Has anyone had problems with their radio? Mine keeps glitching! My SV27 just takes off full speed with no control. Good thing we have nothing but soft sand on the shores. I tried to set up my M8 but I can't get it to arm the speed control. Can someone help a guy out. Before I wreck the boat or hurt someone!

You're far from the first to have this problem but I don't know off-hand what the cure is.
    One possibility could be that the motor is drawing so much power that it's taking a lot away from the receiver. If I remember right, the car and truck guys also run into this problem so they use a tiny battery pack plugged into the RX when there is a heavy power draw.
    Is it happening only while under hard acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Olson
    You're far from the first to have this problem but I don't know off-hand what the cure is.
    One possibility could be that the motor is drawing so much power that it's taking a lot away from the receiver. If I remember right, the car and truck guys also run into this problem so they use a tiny battery pack plugged into the RX when there is a heavy power draw.
    Is it happening only while under hard acceleration?
    Happens when it's flat out. I'm getting nervous! I'd hate for it to take off full speed and hit someone out of my range of view

try setting the 'replacement tx' thottle trim down(my tx needs to be set at -26 or -28 to get the esc to arm.

I replaced the stock AM radio with a good FM radio, and the glitching went away.

My supervee 27 just arrived and the motor doesn't/Can't turn the prop... I can turn the prop by hand, it kinda lets go and grabs again followed by a dong sound...Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Relix View Post
    My supervee 27 just arrived and the motor doesn't/Can't turn the prop... I can turn the prop by hand, it kinda lets go and grabs again followed by a dong sound...Anyone else have this problem?
    That's normal, the brushless motor has some powerful magnets that is why the initial turn the rotor passes through the magnet thus making hard to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by zake540 View Post
    That's normal, the brushless motor has some powerful magnets that is why the initial turn the rotor passes through the magnet thus making hard to turn.
    That's what I thought at first but it turns out the bend at the end of the prop-tube & the solder on the propshaft were working against each other, the solder went down the propshaft about 1.5 inches and was/is to stiff to rotate inside the proptube...

I got it working and man is it nice! The prop shaft had solder to far down it, so I resoldered it and moved the solder up towards the end of the shaft... Man o Man does this thing fly, I only flipped it 3 times my first day out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1 View Post
    talk to me, I got 2 a red one and a blue one both with bad recievers in them and at a good price to your door!!! the red one has gone 38mph and the blue has gone 37mph!!!
    I might be interested what kind of price are you wanting for them and was also wondering where you were buying the damaged hull boats from?