Notices

Thread: SuperVee 27

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You might be confusing the SuperVee27 with the TurboVee or SpeedVee. The SuperVee27 is not yet available.
    Nitro Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1
    Hey Doc, I'm new but this brushless craze is funny to me.... I got my son the Super Vee and my daughter was spankin him like he stole something with his Villain EX and the only mod done to the Villain was a Monster motor upgrade, so I highly doubt that the boat runs 30+ mph, not that we have a radar gun to see...
    Yeah, you don't have a SV27.

You have some other kind of boat. Post pics and we'll tell you what you have.

just got word from one of my fellow club members that the SuperVee is in stock at tower!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXMDJ4**&P=0

They'll be shipping this week to people that have advanced ordered them.
    A few tips from Grimmie for those wanting to do some mods. Get another turn fin and add it to the left side. Upgrade the prop to an Octura X-440/3. Scuff the bottom of the hull with a red Scotch-brite pad.

5. Scuffing ??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Olson
    They'll be shipping this week to people that have advanced ordered them.
    A few tips from Grimmie for those wanting to do some mods. Get another turn fin and add it to the left side. Upgrade the prop to an Octura X-440/3. Scuff the bottom of the hull with a red Scotch-brite pad.

What does scuffing the bottom of the hull with a red Scotch-brite pad do for performance?

Thank
    Robert

It will help to eliminate friction between the hull and the water essentially helping to create tiny air bubbles. Full-sized sailboats found out years ago that a rough surface helps to reduce the friction of the water helping to make the boats go faster. You can use 320 grit sandpaper to do the same job.

It's here. Mine's ready with the X440/3 installed. I'll be running it Saturday morning. I have some Villain buttocks to whoop.
    Attached Images
    Nitro Good!

the guys in my club ordered a few during the week. i'm jealous...and my boat budget is dried up! we'll be running them at our club as a spec. class next year, it should be a lot of fun. you're going to like that boat

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1
    Hey Doc, I'm new but this brushless craze is funny to me.... I got my son the Super Vee and my daughter was spankin him like he stole something with his Villain EX and the only mod done to the Villain was a Monster motor upgrade, so I highly doubt that the boat runs 30+ mph, not that we have a radar gun to see...
    The SV27 should make a Villain EX look really slow so something is wrong with this picture. I have both and it's not even close. 12 quality cells in the SV27 vs. 14 quality cells in the VEX still has the VEX ~8+mph slower. Not sure what you're doing wrong with your SV27. Bad batteries as mentioned above perhaps?

Hi, I am Angelo from Italy I have supervee 27 and is very good and fast boat, I vould like no where is available place for buy the speare parts for this Boat, like Motor or ESC.
    Tanks have a great day

i think Tower hobbies carries spare parts for the SV27, if you have a hobby shop nearby, they may be able to get them too.

Yes, TowerHobbies has them, shop by mfg. under AquaCraft.

Ok tanks, I send message to tower hobbies for this parts.

Another thing, how adjust the strut because inside there is a rigid pipe.
    Tanks

according to the fella who helped design the boat... you bend the rigid pipe. when I think of it this does make sense for the 'new to boating' type of person, you have to work at changing strut angles as opposed to the trad type of strut(where a newbie could wind up with some weird angle and not know it).

Ok in this case i need to bend the pipe for change the strut angle, is not very adjustble strut like this, I don't want brake the hull.
    Tanks for the information

hello all, and yes I have to say I'm sorry for not really giving the Super Vee 27 a true chance. I finally went out with the kids yesterday afternoon and fooled around with it for a minute between rain sessions and I got it up on plane and WOW!!! The boat took off like race champ!!! so it made me think... the whole time my son was running it it never came onto plane, it just lugged around with the nose high in the air making noise. so I'm asking for help how to get it up and running on plane faster and what is a good metal prop for the Vee.. as I'm sending this I'm bout to go back out in the pond and shoot a vid so you can get a idea of what is happining..... all help is greatly welcome..... Ken, Kendall and Kendra

you might want to try a Graupner 42mm carbon fiber prop. you'll lose about 3mph off the top end... but it should launch better. or a low toss
    edit
    it is also possible that your batteries are a tad weak, the manual mentions that after some running the batts may lack enough power to get the boat on plane.

here's a link to some vid's shot at the CAFE race a few weeks ago. CAFE is the Cleveland Area Fast Electrics. i attended with a couple of the guys from my club and one of them brought along an SV27 to try out in P-offshore. only change from stock was a small turn fin added to the port side to make the infield turn on the offshore course. one of the vids is the SV in the 2nd heat of offshore racing. not the fastest boat out there, but when you consider the fact that it's a $300 boat racing with $800+ boats, it's not too bad

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...54#post6217508

20. Question  
    ohhh yeah hpiguy, you might be right it might not be a Super Vee 27 it could be something else... what do you think????
    Attached Images

Hi for 300 $ is very nice and speeady boat I am very happy, I try only To understand how to do for do not fly out of the water.
    Is a bullet.
    Sorry for my english I hope that you understand.

if you're having problems keeping it down, adjust the trim tabs down a little, or move the strut down.

Tanks for the suggestion, I ready adjust the trim tabs a little, now the boat is more stable meaby I still have to regulate more.

finally here is the vid of the SuperVee that is slow!!!
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76916924390683

wow, ok....what kind of batt's are in there? is the prop stock? have you lubed the drive line?