Notices

Thread: Pictures of My Entry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Pictures of My Entry 

Needs to be painted!

Nice, it looks like it would be fast..

Before all you guys start claiming the design, this has been my design from the very day they changed the length from 28" to 40". If it had stayed 28" I would have built an electric brushless/li-po powered car from an 1/8th scale on-road car.

Quote Originally Posted by Craps
    Been working on the design for 1 1/2 years! Can't wait to test it or wad it up! Biggest Brushless motor and ESC you have ever seen and how about those li-pos!!!

http://aa-forums.gcnpublishing.com/s...d.php?t=211768
    Uh... I'm looking at that photo with a magnifying glass, and I'm not seeing... uh, okay, I think I get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by NotWalkinBlind
    Uh... I'm looking at that photo with a magnifying glass, and I'm not seeing... uh, okay, I think I get the joke.
    There is no brushes in that motor, I guarantee it is brushless and I am using a TP8000-2S4P li-po battery for a reciever pack. There is a T-4 chassis in there too that I am using for a battery tray, so you might say it is part Associated!

That's what I was thinking.

So... is the cockpit from a helicopter, or are my eyes deceiving me?

I see absolutely no need to paint anything, BTW... it couldn't look cooler. Maybe you're thinking that if the whole thing was fluorescent orange, it would be easier to see... that would be totally understandable.

Rear wing and sides will be bright yellow along with the metal hoop to hold the helicopter body on with. Size 90 helicopter body worked good. I am painting the exhaust pipe black also. I just picked up the paint today.

I have a better idea than paint on the frame that I will reveal when I show the finished car.

the engine is a race kart engine right

That looks really cool
    What engine is that?

it has to be a sprint kart engine i race em it loks just like my quarstar engine

Craps, is it 2-speed? 3-speed? CVR?

What fuel are you using for that engine?

That will never work you cant get the pipes in where are you going to put the carbs no way that thing will never work LOL

Nice I see you tried to sway people away from the kart idea not me If I had the money I would have gone that route too but with a air shifted bike motor maybe next year?

I have some knowledge of making karts go fast this is my old laydown kart top speed around 110mph with 1 motor and 140mph with 2 motors in it with my lard ass in it so I'm sure with your set up 140-160mph is very reasonable? beyond that the wheel base becomes the limiting factor with stability be very carefull your wing placement at high speed it will act as a cantilever and with the short wheel base want to flip it over backwards at higher speeds? You may want to try a lower wing placement to help? see second pic the fastest kart in the world

That will definetly give the brushless lipo set ups a run for there money

I would definetly recommend a parachute system to help slow it down and also for safety do some research it's not to hard to find or make a chute and build a ejection system some PVC tubing a spring a servo and a pin?

Good luck
    Attached Images
    Last edited by IBJAMMIN; 07-05-2006 at 04:53 PM.

254mph kart note the wing placement? just trying to help
    Attached Images

I don't think he needs to worry about the wing cantilevering the nose up... the wing's downforce is centered on the rear axle... if it were 10 inches back, he might have to rethink it... but IMO, it's fine where it is.

Might not hurt to put some small winglets on the nose directly in front of the suspension, though... coming out maybe about 6"... and with a 4" chord.

Already tested well above the record and more stable than I thought it would be over 100 mph. Note the rear wing sides are more important than the wing itself that acts like a rudder to hold it straight once aero takes affect. Since the picture was taken, I have tested alot with it and the rear wing is almost flat now and not as steep as that picture shows.

It is a 125cc Parilla Sudan motor on Cam2 racing gas and a synthetic castor blend oil. I have a My-Chron4 data recorder on board for the CHT and RPMs. Everything is special order and custom built with a single speed dry clutch.

A shifter bike motor was quite a bit heavier and bigger. Look how much room and what I had to do to fit inside of 40". I consider buying a 550cc snowmobile engine with the that centrifugal pulley system to change ratio while in motion but making it fit without being alot wider than long was going to be difficult making it fit with pipes and carbs. The thing would have weighed 400 lbs too which I thought would take away from making it simple with the single speed 125cc motor.

As far as brakes go, it has plenty to stop from the speed it obtains. It takes about half the area to stop it as it does to get to the top speed. Overcoming the clutch slipping from the gear ratio takes along ways, but when it does get up on the pipe it really goes. That is why I was talking about such a long run area, but visually is the biggest limitation of all and 1/4 mile to 1,500 feet is all about anybody can see with a car as big as this one is.
    Last edited by Craps; 07-05-2006 at 05:45 PM.

IBJAMIN
    That first go-kart racing picture looks like a 100cc stock Yamaha that the best ones maybe will have around 19hp and total weight was around 350 to 400 lbs. This car weighs around 90 lbs and has dyno numbers of a little over 35 hp, so you tell me what kind of top speed you think it will have?

If I had the time I would have used McCulloch engine. There old gokart motors that produce an insane amount of power and they have 2 to 3 carbs on them. That is probably what Ill use if they havethe competition next year. If only I knew about the competition sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanspeed
    If I had the time I would have used McCulloch engine. There old gokart motors that produce an insane amount of power and they have 2 to 3 carbs on them. That is probably what Ill use if they havethe competition next year. If only I knew about the competition sooner.
    I thought about a pair of 101 McCullough motors too, but try to find one or even find parts for one now.

How much notice do you need, this contest has been talked about for over 2 years http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...=167401&page=1

I started planning for it the first day it was announced.

Before anybody builds one for next year, I have a back up frame/chassis for sale and I may sale this car after the event too....for enough money I will sale it before the event and watch somebody else run it. LOL

This car can be run on an oval too it has completely adjustable castor/camber/king pin adjustment on the front end. The expense of building the chassis is setting up the jig for the pipes (not cheap), so I had them build a second one in case I wadded up the first one.

Before anybody builds one for next year, I have a back up frame/chassis for sale and I may sale this car after the event too....for enough money I will sale it before the event and watch somebody else run it. LOL

This car can be run on an oval too it has completely adjustable castor/camber/king pin adjustment on the front end. The expense of building the chassis is setting up the jig for the pipes (not cheap), so I had them build a second one in case I wadded up the first one.
    Money talks eh?

I found out about this competition at the beginning of this year. And started on the project about 3 months ago.The first 21/2 months I just designed the car. I am hoping to have it drivable friday. I only have 15 days to finish the car, test the car and get ready for it. Because I am going to the sierras The whole next week. And I still have to design and build the body.

How much? What engines fit in it?

I found out about this competition at the beginning of this year. And started on the project about 3 months ago.The first 21/2 months I just designed the car. I am hoping to have it drivable friday. I only have 15 days to finish the car, test the car and get ready for it. Because I am going to the sierras The whole next week. And I still have to design and build the body.
    I apoligize, I see where you signed on back in February. We are all friends here!

How much? What engines fit in it?
    Engine mounting will depend on what kind of motor mount you use, but it is designed to have a standard kart motor mounting rail spacing.

As far as money goes, e-mail serious offers only of at least 5 digits to be considered and I will deliver it to the track and hand you the radio with my full support for the contest and when it is over you take it and the radio home with alot of spare parts. Remember I am traveling from NC bringing almost everything with me to fix any problems that arrise.

E-mail me at crapsrc@netzero.com with serious offers only. I will answer any questions you have about it on here.

Thank you!

PS. The custom made chassis I will take $1,000 for it. It is just the bare frame and will need a few brackets welded on for throttle and servos.