Notices

Thread: 32nd Parallel type XXIII

1. Question 32nd Parallel type XXIII 
    I have a type XXIII by 32nd Parallel that I resurrected (after 15 years) from the depths of my build room this past summer. It was the last major kit purchase I made about a month before my wedding (I knew that the money I spent on a model kit wouldn't be justified if ordered after the wedding). Continuing the build on this model has become an exciting project. Added details that I wouldn't have attempted when I bought the kit, is making this model look pretty impressive. I hope to have sea trials before the snow set in up here.

Will air brush propellant work with the freon delivery system and the valving that is provided in the kit, or do modifications have to be made?

Is 32nd Parallel still out there? I can't believe they do not have a web page or an email address if they are.
    Last edited by GCLadd; 10-05-2006 at 08:59 PM.

Air brush propellant will work. Avoid the Testors brand of propellant, use one of the better brands like Badger Propel. Testors adds some other chemical (mustard or onion oil) to keep kids from "huffing" the product; the additional chemical has caused some problems with Lexan WTC's and some o-rings. Some people use some of the canned air for dusting computers and electronics. Try looking at the discussion boards at the SubCommittee.

Unfortunately, 32nd Parallel went out of business a few years ago.

Thanks for your help. I had my doubts about disccharging freon into the atmosphere in 1992 when I bought this kit, but in Canada at that time there were no issues with it. I will steer clear of the testors airbrush propellant

I just need to stay focused on finishing this and stay away from my PT boat and Perkasa models for a while (My 1/24 scratch built Elco PT Boat has taken the bulk of my spare time for the last couple years).

This is two years after the last post. I have had success using the packages of compressed gas computer cleaner you can buy in bulk at places like Costco (cheaper than airbrush propellant) and it is very easy to work up an adaptor to the trigger nozzle. Let me know if you interested how.

Been a while since I visited this thread, but I am glad you replied. I was checking out Best Buy last summer and saw a can of this stuff (which I would never buy for my computer). It does work great for ballast control, but Best Buy's prices are not cheap. Never thought of checking Costco as a source, but I will check in the spring as soon as the ice clears on the pond.

If you get the type of can with the trigger nozzle, just fit a length of KS tube into the hole and then sleeve it into the fitting, using brass tubing sections, that you use to fill the ballast tank supply. It has worked well for me.