Notices

Thread: A Drag Race Between The SuperVee 27 And BlackJack 26

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Wink A Drag Race Between The SuperVee 27 And BlackJack 26 
    Pick your side FE or Nitro... This Sat. at 2:00 PM
    Racers are as follows Rusty Knuckles Dad (Nitro) and Lead Finger Son (FE)
    Mom will be the Camera person and there to asure no cheating..
    Who will be the victor? And who has what advantage?
    I've seen both run and I think it will be close.....WHAT DO YOU THINK???
    Attached Images

Ha!!! the kid chickened out on the race!!! he seen me make a lap around the pond and backed out, then Momz told me not to do it cause it might break his pride in the boat... So What!!! I'm still the winner by default!!!

Pick your side FE or Nitro... This Sat. at 2:00 PM
    How about not having to pick fe or nitro? Wonder how a fe sv against a fe blackjack would run?

FE BlackJack Picture

i was thinking about eventually doing that..
    it should go preety good on 12 cells..

every time the tempature changes I think of doing it to.........

6. Cool He Begged For It!!! 
    even after being told NO!!! he still bugged me till I went out to race him.. The first lap the SV27 shook me but I could hear that I was running lean... I fattend it up a full turn and beat that boy like a PinYata.... LMAO!!! he keeps saying but I won the first lap... but the next 10 that butt was mine... I then told him thats the reason he calls me Dad.

What, no more secret videos from the wife?

The stock Bj beat the SV? Are you sure....

Quote Originally Posted by lferguson
    The stock Bj beat the SV? Are you sure....
    the faster boat loses to the slower boat with better driver all over the world

the SuperVee never had a chance.... it only runs about 24 MPH on 12 cells... But the tables have turned in favor of the SV27, once my son got a taste of 14 cells in the boat. I wont give him the chance for a rematch!!! Aside from all that the kid is not scared to go fast he's just scared to turn fast (he flipped many of the boats we have and the house rule is you flip it, you get it!!) I made the race very equal as in I only hit full throttle after he came up on plane after the turns and the BJ26 just kept comming around him in the streights...... and if you seen any of my vids, our pond is about a city block long. We run them so far down you can't hardly see the boats only the roostertails...
    Attached Images

.... it only runs about 24 MPH on 12 cell

That sure sounds like a super slow SV. 38+ mph is obtainable on 12 cells. I like the looks of the Black jack and would love to see a good race between them.

LMAO!!!! A thread on the nitro/gas side was about how everyone tends to go into overkill with their speed ratings.... My pond runs was done with my GPS and like I said you could see that the boat ran just a bit quicker without the GPS onboard, but NO!!! it in noway shape or form was it running 14mph faster... I had problems out of the boat at first and even called the company on it, they told me they got the boat up to 50 MPH but that was on 5S lipos no wind on pure glass water and way over proped (meaning it wont keep swinging that prop before you hurt something) the LHS then told me that getting a realistic 25MPH on a good day is about as good as it gets with 12 cells... If you can show me 38 MPH on 12 cells with that boat in it's stock config. I'll believe it, till then that is a bunch of jacked up numbers and dreams!!!!

Are you talking about the SV27? Are you saying that Aqua Craft said you caould get 50MPH out of Lipos? The will tell you NEVER to run the boat on Lipos. And yes 38 os very realistic. 34.2 was what I got on the very first run. Aqua Craft will tell you to never use Lipos, not that it will go 50! I dont think there is anyway to get a stock SV 27 to go 50 on any cells!

got proof?

Umm yea call them as I did. Also truely if your kids SV only does 25mph, it has something wrong with it.

while we are at it, will someone please tell me why my boat it so increadible slow???

My guess would be something binding it up. There have been alot of talk of the drive train binding due to things like unbalanced flex hex coupling, not enough grease, strut and drive dog touching tightly, Lots of these things and not just one inparticular. I suggest you take it apart and lube everything and make sure it's all good and free spinning and re assemble.
    Also you can't run a 5S pack. You need two packs for CG and the ESC would give you the magic "white smoke" with that amount of volts.
    Don't exspect less than 34mph but you can't get more than low to mid fourtys either.
    Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1
    LMAO!!!! A thread on the nitro/gas side was about how everyone tends to go into overkill with their speed ratings.... My pond runs was done with my GPS and like I said you could see that the boat ran just a bit quicker without the GPS onboard, but NO!!! it in noway shape or form was it running 14mph faster... I had problems out of the boat at first and even called the company on it, they told me they got the boat up to 50 MPH but that was on 5S lipos no wind on pure glass water and way over proped (meaning it wont keep swinging that prop before you hurt something) the LHS then told me that getting a realistic 25MPH on a good day is about as good as it gets with 12 cells... If you can show me 38 MPH on 12 cells with that boat in it's stock config. I'll believe it, till then that is a bunch of jacked up numbers and dreams!!!!
    YOu've seemingly took my post the wrong way. I was not trying to be negative. I really just wanted to say that if 25 mph max is what your son's boat is running on 12 cells, then there is something wrong with it or the setup or the cells or the gps. I will tell you your son's boat WILL go alot fatser if you figure out where the problem lies. Mine has a best of 38.4 mph and has never been recorded under 35.6. All of this using a Garmin Forrunner 201 GPS that weighs 2.5 ozs. I do run an aftermarket prop. Other than that and a cooling jacket from OFE (which doesn't increase speed), the boat is stock. I did take it apart out of the box and put it back together making sure everything was "just so". I've never run the stock prop, but I think it is even a consistant "over 30 mph" prop on 12 decent cells. My friend runs 2s Lipos in his SV 27 and he went 41.7 mph on them and an aftermarket prop (only) the same day I went 38.4 on 12 IB4200s. Here's a video link below if you want to check it out. It's kind of long though as it is a full pack run....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2LV52IEObBo

How much does the BlackJack weigh? Thanks

I have entirely no clue, as I don't have a scale I can say it's about a wee bit heavier than the SV27...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1
    I have entirely no clue, as I don't have a scale I can say it's about a wee bit heavier than the SV27...
    Ok thanks. I ask because I intend to gut a brand new one and install the SV27 motor & esc combo. Just trying to guesstimate if the power to weight will be acceptable.

I've seen that Offshore was doing one and I'm waiting to see the outcome...

Yeah I have spoken to Steve in regards to his project. I think I am going to go ahead and start mine with in a week or so.

WOW!!! wait a minute.......... I was wrong, and I aint scared to admit it!!! I was looking around on another site and ran across the post from Grim... Did just one mod to the boat and the boat ran 30.4 MPH!!! The mod was taking a scotchbrite pad to the bottom of the hull and just bearly scuffing it up, that alone made the SV run like crazy... I was so shocked I cleared the GPS and did it again, the first pass was 30.4 MPH and the second was a 30.0 flat... Now I see it is the fastest lil boat in the house, and it just don't look fair to challange him with my big Gas boats... LOL.
    So now as weather permits I will try other things with my son to see if we can get 36 to 38 MPH out of the lil red boat... Thanks to all for making me see that I wasn't getting all the SV27 had to offer... By the way, I'm bout to do that lil trick to all my boats!!!

Does the scuffing make take the finish off? Does it make the bottom look scratched? I want to keep my hull looking shiny and sharp!

-Travis