Notices

Thread: Help me!

1. Exclamation Help me! 
    Hello pals,
    Im from Singapore and i jus bought a nitro powered RC boat from Kyosho. The model is BlueStreak.
    I have questions regarding the engine. I tested out the boat but its not as fast as i expected. I press full throttle but it doesnt have much effect. I guess theres some tuning needed to been done to the engine.
    1. How do i adjust the caburator to its best.
    2. There a screw with a spring at the side, what issit for and how do i adjust it?
    Hope someone could help me. Thanks alot man.

2. Cool  
    Several things will effect the speed of the model. First, the engine needs to be broken in - this takes several tank fulls of fuel, you will have to be patient. Next, you can adjust the needle valve to lean out the engine as it breaks in, but if you don't know what you are doing you can make the boat hard to start, or it will quit in the middle of the pond. You must learn to read the instruction manual for the boat, that will help you to understand.

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...treak800_m.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid
    Several things will effect the speed of the model. First, the engine needs to be broken in - this takes several tank fulls of fuel, you will have to be patient. Next, you can adjust the needle valve to lean out the engine as it breaks in, but if you don't know what you are doing you can make the boat hard to start, or it will quit in the middle of the pond. You must learn to read the instruction manual for the boat, that will help you to understand.

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...treak800_m.pdf

Hi thanks..
    wat do u mean by ''the engine needs to be broken in''?

You don't want to start a brand new or rebuilt engine and run the boat at full speed on the first run; if you do, you might blow or sieze the engine. Breaking in an engine is a gradual process of running the engine at slightly higher speeds on succesive tanks of fuel. For example, on the first tank of fuel, run the boat at about 1/4 throttle. On the third or fourth tank, you could be running the boat at about 1/2 to 2/3 throttle. The piston and sleeve are made of different metals, and they expand from heat at different rates. The break in period allows them to adjust to each other.

I work part time in a hobby shop, and one of our customers bought his first rc car a few weks ago. I and one of the rc car techs told the customer to follow the engine break in instructions included with the car. The customer diodn't, and ran the car at full speed on the first tank of fuel. On the second tank, the engine siezed up and wouldn't turn over. The customer came in a few days later and bought a slightly faster engine, which we installed. Again, the car tech told the customer about the proper break in procedure. A few days later thge customer is back in the store because the engine siezed up. He said he ran 2 and 1/2 tanks of fuel through the engine, and was running the car at full speed the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by CG Bob
    You don't want to start a brand new or rebuilt engine and run the boat at full speed on the first run; if you do, you might blow or sieze the engine. Breaking in an engine is a gradual process of running the engine at slightly higher speeds on succesive tanks of fuel. For example, on the first tank of fuel, run the boat at about 1/4 throttle. On the third or fourth tank, you could be running the boat at about 1/2 to 2/3 throttle. The piston and sleeve are made of different metals, and they expand from heat at different rates. The break in period allows them to adjust to each other.

I work part time in a hobby shop, and one of our customers bought his first rc car a few weks ago. I and one of the rc car techs told the customer to follow the engine break in instructions included with the car. The customer diodn't, and ran the car at full speed on the first tank of fuel. On the second tank, the engine siezed up and wouldn't turn over. The customer came in a few days later and bought a slightly faster engine, which we installed. Again, the car tech told the customer about the proper break in procedure. A few days later thge customer is back in the store because the engine siezed up. He said he ran 2 and 1/2 tanks of fuel through the engine, and was running the car at full speed the whole time

Hahaha.. i see.. i see.. i get what u mean.
    but i would like to noe how to adjust the needle n the idle adjustment screw.
    i have read in forums, but still dun quite understand... :P