Notices

Thread: WFRCC Association

1. WFRCC Association 
    Yeah, you heard me!

WFRCC needs an association.

Why you ask?

1. There needs to be a rule book and a governing body to enforce it.

2. It would allow people to establish and participate in speed runs throuhout the U.S. and the World based on one set of guidelines established for the racers and by the racers.

3. There would still be an annual event hosted by RC Car Action where people from every region can compete for the overall World Record, making it legitimate. There could also be a "convention" where the rules can be discussed/reviewed.

4. Guinness World Record would no longer be a problem. If you compete and win, you get the new record.

5. Poor Peter can concentrate on his real job.

That is a great idea.

I am building three 100+ MPH cars right now. But, I am not sure that I can make it to the event in July. It would be nice to know there are various places/times that a new record could be attempted.

However, putting together an organization requires someone with administrative/orgainization skills along with RC knowledge.

Who's up to the task? Also, any sactioning body needs to be recognized as authoritative by other entities such as Guiness.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Man
    That is a great idea.

I am building three 100+ MPH cars right now. But, I am not sure that I can make it to the event in July. It would be nice to know there are various places/times that a new record could be attempted.

However, putting together an organization requires someone with administrative/orgainization skills along with RC knowledge.

Who's up to the task? Also, any sactioning body needs to be recognized as authoritative by other entities such as Guiness.

Matt
    Can you update us on your 3 projects? what class of cars are you using? 1/10? 1/8? gas/electric?
    Last edited by B4Maz; 02-04-2007 at 12:25 PM.

They are all Associated cars, one FT TC4 (pretty much finished), RC12 L3 (all parts on hand, just need to build it) and an RC 10 L3 (most parts on hand). The TC4 has seen 92 MPH in its previous guise with a Stratus body and 113 without a body. But, it is totaly rebuilt now with about 1.5 times the power and far better aerodynamics.

The TC4 is built and just needs to be wired. It is running a Neu 1512.2 on 8S. The RC 12 L3 will be running a Neu 11 series on 6S. The RC 10 L3 is the bullet of the group. It will be running a Neu 1512 or 1515 on 12S.

All cars should be done by April.

So, anyone have any good ideas on rules and or classes for top speed running?

Matt

They are all Associated cars, one FT TC4 (pretty much finished), RC12 L3 (all parts on hand, just need to build it) and an RC 10 L3 (most parts on hand). The TC4 has seen 92 MPH in its previous guise with a Stratus body and 113 without a body. But, it is totaly rebuilt now with about 1.5 times the power and far better aerodynamics.

The TC4 is built and just needs to be wired. It is running a Neu 1512.2 on 8S. The RC 12 L3 will be running a Neu 11 series on 6S. The RC 10 L3 is the bullet of the group. It will be running a Neu 1512 or 1515 on 12S.

All cars should be done by April.

So, anyone have any good ideas on rules and or classes for top speed running?

Matt

Pics man! Pics!

I already saw those. Its only of your tc4. what about pics of your other cars?

No pics of those yet. They are still in pieces.

The setup is as follows;

RC 10 L3
    Castle Creations HV 110 ESC
    Thunder Power Extreme 50C 2200 cells (12S)
    Neu 1512 2.5

RC 12 L3
    Neu 11 series motor (not telling about the wind)
    Jazz 50 ESC
    TP Extreme 2070 cells (6S)

Each car will run a flat chassis like my TC4.

Matt

No pics of those yet. They are still in pieces.

The setup is as follows;

RC 10 L3
    Castle Creations HV 110 ESC
    Thunder Power Extreme 50C 2200 cells (12S)
    Neu 1512 2.5

RC 12 L3
    Neu 11 series motor (not telling about the wind)
    Jazz 50 ESC
    TP Extreme 2070 cells (6S)

Each car will run a flat chassis like my TC4.

Matt
    I noticed the pics of your TC4 that youre using a futaba gy401 gyro. is it connected to the steering servo?

Yes. I actually have a GY611 gyro sith super fast 9256 servo for it. I am waiting on a gear set. The 611 gyro and servo will probably go in the RC10 L3.

Matt

Yes. I actually have a GY611 gyro sith super fast 9256 servo for it. I am waiting on a gear set. The 611 gyro and servo will probably go in the RC10 L3.

Matt
    What are the cars geared? Does the gyro help? Youre using heading hold mode?

hi i have been into r/c for awhile now and untill i started to look on this forum i only knew i a gyro is on a bike. If you could tell me what is is used for in r/c that would be awsome!

That's really all that's needed. It wouldn't have to be a big deal. Basically, you pay a $20 annual fee and get a current rule book and a free t-shirt. The rest of the money would support a website. There could still be a Forum on RC Zone. Once the rule book is ok'd by a few organizations your basically set.

People could submit a "resume" to be a sponsor for their region and hold an organized event basically the same way every other sanctioning body does it.

Quote Originally Posted by longboard552
    hi i have been into r/c for awhile now and untill i started to look on this forum i only knew i a gyro is on a bike. If you could tell me what is is used for in r/c that would be awsome!
    Gyros are normally used for tail stabilization for a helicopter. I use them for steering stabilization on my overpowered RC cars. I do use heading hold. My GY611 Futaba gyro is fantastic. I let the car run straight toward me at a modest pace, make sure the trajectory is correct, and let go of the wheel. I hit the throttle and was the car drive and keep itself on the trajectory it was lock on. All I need to do is make small corrections if need be. The gyro does all the hard work dealing with the drift associated with the huge horsepower on the car.

Matt

I like the idea of a simple organization that would support a web site and charge a nominal fee to be a member. The web site could post links to anything even remotely related to top speed running.

It would also be cool if the website had a forum of its own.
    The only person that i know of who has a connection with guiness is cliff lett. I dont know him personally, but it would bo cool if he was it. Or maybe StevePond.

We need to start a database of known speed data. Maybe a thread something along the lines of "Top Speed Data findings" or maybe "A think tank for all things top speed"

That way we could all post our findings, both data and pictures for others to chew on while planning their project cars.

Hmm, I think I will start a thread for it.

Matt

We need to start a database of known speed data. Maybe a thread something along the lines of "Top Speed Data findings" or maybe "A think tank for all things top speed"

That way we could all post our findings, both data and pictures for others to chew on while planning their project cars.

Hmm, I think I will start a thread for it.

Matt
    Already started:

Fast RC