Notices

Thread: AR Racing ARX540 Brushless Dirt Bike

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Very sweet bike.
    We cant wait to get a couple. Just imagine the posiblities as far as a new class of racing to take off.

brrrrraaappp

Quote Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
    well 1/4 scale was so that if someone already has a Ricky Carmichael bike, the tires from this one would fit as a replacement... that way GRP didn't have a problem designing and producing a tire for it.... as there are hundreds of thousands of Radio Shack ricky carmichael bikes sold and no replacement tires (Since the bike is now discontinued)

this is like the ricky bike on steroids

BTW.. the bike is being produced in Milan... it would probably cost less for you to get it there
    i know what you mean, but why make a product which steers towards a kinda Toy instead of towards an already established 1/5 scale onroad scale.... instead of making the 2 scales further apart by making onroads 1/5 scale and offroads 1/4 scale, why not help eliminate this scale difference by making it 1/5 scale and letting the 1/4 scale die out... big scale is 1/5, tourers, Baja 5B, all the FG, PMT and the established bike class: the bergonzogni, nuova faor and thunder tiger...... when you got all those top manufactures already making 1/5 scale machines and competing in championships with them,, why go for the Radio Shack way??? its a little dissapointing...
    it took me a while to think of this... its just my opinion so... smile
    Last edited by balang_479; 06-29-2007 at 07:42 PM.

this thing looks really cool but bit pricy for me...lol

Quote Originally Posted by balang_479 View Post
    i know what you mean, but why make a product which steers towards a kinda Toy instead of towards an already established 1/5 scale onroad scale.... instead of making the 2 scales further apart by making onroads 1/5 scale and offroads 1/4 scale, why not help eliminate this scale difference by making it 1/5 scale and letting the 1/4 scale die out... big scale is 1/5, tourers, Baja 5B, all the FG, PMT and the established bike class: the bergonzogni, nuova faor and thunder tiger...... when you got all those top manufactures already making 1/5 scale machines and competing in championships with them,, why go for the Radio Shack way??? its a little dissapointing...
    it took me a while to think of this... its just my opinion so... smile
    I understand... but if you look at it this way, this bike isn't going to be racing against ANY of those vehicles, so it would be in a class by itself anyway....

there might be some other stuff in the works by other people so if you don't get this one... something else MAY pop up that you will like....

but the quality of this bike is AMAZING... no slop anywhere, and machined to very high tolerances... I'm going to be running it tomorrow for myself so we'll see how it goes in the "real world"
    He who KNOWS he's stupid is actually kinda smart

Here's a new video from some guys who bought the bike n the UK... I was going out today to shoot some footage, but someone beat me to it.... enjoy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9wddVgVgQ

Personally I am not bothered about the scale, but the bike looks like 1/4th and the rider 1/5th . Shame he is not bigger to match the bike.
    Not sure yet how much its going to work out fully up and running , could work our pretty expensive

The comparison of how the rider looks to the size of the bike is kind the way I feel when i sit on my KTM 950 super enduro, it's way tall or maybe I'm just way short for it. That bikes going to be the next machine in my RC stable.

RC bikes will get much better when someone designs a robotic rider that rapidly and properly adjusts its position to keep correct riding posture.

Right now all rc bikes suffer a handling problem similar to what noob full size riders create from improper riding posture when turning, braking, and accelerating.

The rider itself on the rc bike should be the critical "balance machine".

anyone want a ricky bike with rider??

the website is finally up...

http://www.armodelling.com/

Akura2,
    how do you like your's ?

SWEET! I will definatly start saving. I would love to run it out on my home track.
    www.medinarcraceway.com

Quote Originally Posted by Team DP View Post
    Akura2,
    how do you like your's ?
    I love it.... with the right traction, this thing is awesome... we've been running it on a dirt oval at my local track and it's GREAT flat-tracking that thing around...

I wanted to run it on the dirt race track there, but the track owner didn't want to wet the track for me (It won't run for crap on dry dirt with the stock tires... no traction in the turns)... I wanted to test out the jumping ability, but with out the track being wet down (at least in the turns) I wouldn't have been able to control it.... but with the right traction, it's awesome!

So who is distributing this here in the US??

nobody yet...

Akura2,
    Well lets see. All we have to do is get somebody to make some miniture Goodyear DT's. Then you could flattrack that thing like Chris Carr.