Notices

Thread: 2007 Worlds Fastest RC Car Challenge: Nic Case, 127mph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We'll have a tire-size rule next year.

And a wheelbase rule for minis. Not that we had any issues.

the blue dual engine savvy was by far my favorite. but they all looked so cool!!!

Man, i wanted to see Modman's and B4Maz's cars...
    Tamiya TL-01B
    Schumacher Havoc
    RC18B FT

What was last year's fastest record in comparison to this year?

Quote Originally Posted by knotted View Post
    Is a Wheelie king with small tires still considered a Monster truck? I say no. Congrats to John for winning fastest REAL monster truck!
    What's the difference between the e-maxx with smaller tires and the wheely king with small tires? If you look at the grand scheme of things the e-maxx scaled his tires down and so did the wheely king. With the e-maxx being an over grown 1/10th scale and the wheely king being 1/12th I think fair is fair in the tire world. The e-maxx also was only two wheel drive with two motors and the wheely king retained the four wheel drive with one motor. I guess this just shows how versitale the wheely king is.

Also with Traxxas claiming the Stampede will do 65MPH + with the new brushless why wasn't it the winner? I mean jeez it's gotta be like the totally fastest truck ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
    What was last year's fastest record in comparison to this year?
    last years official fastest was 134MPH.... so 7MPH faster than this year... the unofficial fastest was 160+
    He who KNOWS he's stupid is actually kinda smart

Congrats to all who participated. It looks like a lot of heart and soul was poured into the event and the cars, and although the record wasn't broken, everyone still had a great time. Mission accomplished.

Peter V

Thanks to Peter V, George G, and all of the other staffs for the fun time. This event is THE high point of my year. Peter and George get me the rules as soon as possible so I can get to designing next years ride. If you need any input please feel free to drop me a line as I have been running trucks and monster trucks for something like 20 years. If any of you are reading this and haven't had a chance to attend the RCCA Speed Event, do your very best to try to attend next year. Even if you don't think you can break a record, it is an absolute blast just having the venue to run at and someone to time your runs. See everyone there next year!

Sorry everyone, just one more thing. I am all for rules, but please try to keep them to a minimum. The creativity part of this event is alot of what makes it so very special!!

BIG THANKS to the R/C Car Action Crew for putting this whole thing together. Had a great time again, and hope this stays a long time tradition.

If anyone has any specific questions about the stuff the Novak Camp Ran please let me know directly charlie@teamnovak.com, or tech@teamnovak.com.

Here's the basics though:
    Xray T2 Sedan
    (2) Max Amps 7.4V 4000 mah Packs
    (1) Novak HV 4.5 ESC and Motor
    Kimbrough 88 Spur
    PRS 50 Pinion
    This setup was good for a very easy 105 repeatedly.

Anyone could walk into a hobby shop and build themselves one of these and run it all day long with no major problems.

The Following Setup IS NOT RECOMMENDED
    Same basic setup as above, simply with different packs. We used 1 2S, and 1 3S pack connected to the HV. This makes for 5S total. This setup was good for 108, 118, 108, 116 in that order. Each time the car could make 2 passes , but something would "happen" on the 3rd pass causing a crash, or airborne car. Again, this is NOT RECOMMENDED.

I had another car with even more "gear" on it, but we crashed that during shake down runs and damaged it beyond repair. This car had a specially modified ESC, but we never got a chance to "up the voltage".

Bob ran a Kyosho 777 buggy with a HV 4.5 pass 60mph, then we did some "not recommended" battery changes and were able to push pass 72 mph.

The Novak website will have a full write up on our setups and how the day went very soon.

Again, thank you Car Action for the great event. Congrats to all the class winners! See all of you next year!

Looks like it was another Great Event!

Congrats to all the Winners! And Everyone that got to compete!

That Wheely King really is a surprise! Even with the small tires! For that thing to run that fast is still impressive!!!

What happen to Tony Phalen?

Charlie congrats for giving those of us with less engineering skills the simple setup for some INSANE SPEED!!!!! hehehe

it seems weird and abit dissapointing how most of these cars designed to go fast cant beat a RTR 4-tec....

is there a rule against using gyros for steering? it seems alot of ppl have problems with hitting walls

Quote Originally Posted by USATorque55 View Post
    fastharry- stop being annoying

So Nic Case couldn't bring the 160+mph car, to back up the unofficial record last year?

Torque
    I couldn't have been that annoying,as the pics were re edited...into a mighty fine presentation,I might add......

Great job,Pete V. !!!!

16. Next Year 
    This looks Awesome and I would love to join you folks but California is a very long drive from WV. How about two events one on the West Coast and one on the East Coast? We could start a good West vs. East competition..... What does everyone think?????

hey guys, dunno if it's old news but have you seen this :

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/01/r...ts-for-200mph/

Quote Originally Posted by hirme View Post
    hey guys, dunno if it's old news but have you seen this :

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/01/r...ts-for-200mph/
    Thats my car, but they completely botched all the info in that story. The whole story is on my site here...

There are also posts on my car at Jalopnik, Autoblog, PistonHeads and now Engadget

The info on all those sites is wrong.
    Last edited by B4Maz; 08-01-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Lito Reyes went 87 mph on two wheels with his highly modified Thunder Tiger electric powered motorcycle

I never got my trophy from last year....
    He who KNOWS he's stupid is actually kinda smart

Quote Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
    I never got my trophy from last year....
    And mine as well from this year for best crash. Smashing my E-Maxx in to the foam block at 67mph then in to the concrete wall.
    Thanks again Peter for a great weekend! Can't wait till next year!
    John.

I cannot believe i missed this again ...
    I've been so busy with work and other things I rarely check this site anymore ...

I would of surely brought my gt, and my 5th scale .. .

I want to slap myself ...

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYMAXXIMA View Post
    ........Can't wait till next year!..........
    John.
    Neither can I so thats why we are doing it all again in the UK on 23rd September 07, March 08, May 08 July and September

Quote Originally Posted by ajlovering12345 View Post
    Neither can I so thats why we are doing it all again in the UK on 23rd September 07, March 08, May 08 July and September

Ill have to come to one them...

where are they being held in the uk?