Notices

Thread: WHH Team Pro - the build begins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Btw, this makes a H### of a mess~! Thank goodness for a shop vac & some 1.5 inch paint brushes. They work wonders.
    Attached Images

Wow, they have WD-40 and Miller Lite over there?
    You call that a mess? I'm not going to show you my workshop then. I'm going to have to apply for state aid for my disaster area.

I predict another gas boat build thread coming! Somebody just won themselves a new Aeromarine hull of their choice!
    No, it wasn't me, I was a lousy 5 numbers off or maybe more as I had Ed put my wifes name on half of the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Olson View Post
    I predict another gas boat build thread coming! Somebody just won themselves a new Aeromarine hull of their choice!

Ron, don't let the cat out of the bag just yet. Still working out the details on getting it shipped. Ed said he'd talk to AM for me and tell them I need USPostal Service. They don't like that idea much but it'll work. Plus I requested it to be in YELLERRRR~!

I've only got four boats total. Two gas; the Team Pro and a new Sprint Cat. The Sprint doesn't have holes & has been setting for over six months. Got the little 3.5 nitro tunnel on the shelf waiting for the new office to open and the Mini V'. However, there is a WhipLash on the way for a long winters build. The nitro tunnel is a shelf queen to be admired. Nothing more.

Question is when are you getting your first gasser? You're going to love it. You've been talking about it for the last few years & we ain't see anything yet. Sell off some of the nitro stuff you've been hording all these years and put yourself a nice rig. Dang, I feel like a sermon coming on for Sunday morning.

ps,
    The Miller Lite came from the American shopping center here. It was on sale for $11 a case so who could refuse?

Moving on along. Got a lot accomplished this weekend. Hardware is installed after letting some thinned epoxy seal the holes. Gas tank, engine is set now. Installed a carbon fiber tray instead of the plastic one that came with the box. Had to add a small peice to make it work but it turned out alright.

Also had to relocate the coil to the rear. Not as big of a tasking as initially thought. Take some solid half inch aluminum, bore a 4mm hole and cut to size. The lathe makes quick work of this.

Now to build a new drive shaft, tidy up the box & it should be almost done. Oh, need to add some floatation to the hatch, & build a few cleats. Those can wait, but its hard not to live in the shop. Gesh, I'm ready to start on the Sprint Cat thats been sitting for six months.

Btw, wanting to go with a through hull pickup and tried a one off this weekend, but it didn't turn out right. For the first run, it might just be off the rudder

Werd... Jamie
    Attached Images

Well Rev. Jamie, I'm going to the IMPBA Gas Nat's this coming weekend and will be doing some looking up close to see what's out there.
    Yes, I need to thin the fleet out as I've got some fuel-burners that haven't seen H2O in a long time.
    I'm kind of looking at the Zippkits Easy-Vee to build. I've got his I-Box prototype sitting in my basement but I really botched up the build. I've learned from my mistakes on that one plus the Easy-Vee kind of has that Wild Thing look to it.
    After blowing pu the engine in the Speedmaster 21 last weekend, I'm either going to rebuild it or sell the boat as-is minus engine. The .45 Microburst will also be going along with some .12 mono's, I've got too many of those.
    We happened to get the engine going south on video: http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...=CLIP00011.flv

Saw the vid on over at RCU. Sad to see it happen. Move on over to gas. I've known you for almost decade & am ready do see you out running one of these Camp Fuel burners

well Rev Jamie
    I'll have a beer to that..

Hey Double and Ron, how are ya? Nice project Double D. After A hiatus I'm hoping to be able to spend a little time back into my boats. Got into customizing our motorcycles and man does time, AND MONEY, fly. if you guys get a chence will you check out my thread in the wanted section? If anybody could help me I imagine it would be you two.
    BTW DD still defending our freedom I assume? thanks guys

How the heck are you? Dang I miss some of your projects. Really go some talent there for sure. I'd like to see the bikes & anything else you've been up to. Saw the wanted ad and can only imagine what you'd come up with. Keep us posted.