Notices

Thread: 2008 WFRCCC location ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. 2008 WFRCCC location ideas? 
    Is the next one going to be held at the same place as last year? What are the chances of holding a WFRCCC event on the east coast, I have some contacts at a few drag tracks and could probably book a track for a weekend in the ATL area.

Shawn Palmer of Schumacher Racing is looking at arranging an east coast event. If everything goes as planned we will have an east coast, a west coast and an event in the UK all on the same day with pooled results.

Cheers

That would be AWESOME!!! Do you happen to know what locations are being considered for east coast?

Glad to hear there will be an East Coast event!!!!!

Thank you,
    Promod

Quote Originally Posted by parnelli97 View Post
    That would be AWESOME!!! Do you happen to know what locations are being considered for east coast?

No but i'll send a messdage to Shawn and see if he has anything lined up

Cheers

IIRC, Schumacher's U.S. headquarters are in Miami, FL? PLEASE let it go down at Moroso Motorsports Park. That'd be sweet (ok, so I'm biased).
    "Let your reach exceed your grasp; else what is a heaven for?"- Unknown

Drag strips are not the best venues for RC cars. The surface is slippery for foam tyres and the barriers are not forgiving if you go offline. Airstrips would be a lot better

Gee i guess my interest in doing one on my own got people thinking...lol...

i got a great central east coast location..... smooth as glass.. and extrememly fast.....

Billy

We are going to need some standards for measuring speed and some rules on the location. I see a number of people claiming speeds but for somebody to claim they are faster than the next guy there has to be some continuity.

The AGM of the BRCA is coming up soon. I think I will try to include a section for speed runs and get a set of rules included in their handbook. It might not get in this year but next will be ok

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Billy W View Post
    Gee i guess my interest in doing one on my own got people thinking...lol...

i got a great central east coast location..... smooth as glass.. and extrememly fast.....

Billy
    Billy,

Your idea is awesome man. I was hoping for an East Coast event. Lots of places in the East Coast as well. English town, Moroso, Daytona and the tracks you mentioned Billy. Lets get a poll going if it doesn't get any where, talk to some manufacturers in sponsoring the event in the East Coast. Picture this, Trinity and Megatech (Mega is about 20mins from me) are all here in NJ, I'll bet they would like to host a speed contest.

I'm still pulling for Las Vegas Motor Speedway!!! Just about any airport with commercial flights goes to Las Vegas. Not to mention you can book some good deals on hotels. So Fed Ex your cars, then fly out there.

For all of you that have Google Earth, look up Las Vegas Motor Speeway on the search box. That place has several places to run r/c cars at stpuid fast speeds. 4 Square miles of parking lots, 2.5mi Superspeedway, 1/2 mile asphalt oval, 1/4 mile drag stip(Grandstand), 1/4 mile drag strip(pratice), circut tracks(four I think)
    Last edited by trailranger; 09-04-2007 at 10:04 PM.

I've got some friends in real estate and government here in Central Florida (Tampa and areas North) working on finding locations. I've scouted a few, but haven't found "the one" just yet.

There are several abandoned airports around, and also quite a few unbuilt residential areas with good long streets and low angle curbs in the general area too.

The search continues...
    Shawn

We just got the forum up for fast-rc. There is a post on the event on 23rd September 07.

The website will be up and running soon and will have detials of the events next year

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php
    http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/

Cheers

an improperly prepared drag strip is no good for an r/c car with foam tires... but we have preped and ran on the strip hear with great sucess... some airports have grooves in them that wil play havock...

i believe we have a great place here.... smooth.. the track crew has preped for r/c cars so they know what is needed.... and we are half way down and half way up I-95 and only 45 min off it.. plus not to far form the Concord / Mooresville area.... so plenty of site seeing.

Billy

How is the track prepared for foam tyres? I think you also need to prepare the tyres for the track such as traction compound

its in the consistancy of how you spray.. not to over spray the track with surface prep and the proper form of dragging the track....our way of prep has to be seen to understand it... we have done the same prep work to raw un-seasoned asphalt for the r/c drag cars and produced record setting runs as well....even in a misting rain....lol

yes preping the tires.. is key for the take off or begining of the run.. and improper balance between tires will effect how they perform as well... more compound in one tire compared to another could cause one tire to loose grip before the other and cause a spin or worse.... also over prep of the tires will add to drag and a lack of top end speed....

i would figure that a rubber or rubber capped tire would be better for a speed run.. less rolling resistance..

i'm Still pulling for Las Vegas...

Billy, you are right about the aiports. Some have lateral groves for water drainage. Also things to consider are State Fair Grounds, Theme Parks, Malls ect. Many of these falicties have large parking lots that could be barricaded with straw bales, cones and rope.

Ok here it is i live in South Dakota and have been reading RCCA mag for several months now and i would love to see this World's Fastest Car Chllange but it does not sound like you guys know where it is going to be held. because when the place is chosen i am buying a ticked their. i think this would be so cool to see in action instead of just reading about it so please find a place and post it

As far as I know the west coast event is always held at the California Speedway in Fontana. Thats where it was the last 2 years.

There is a chance of an East Coast event as well and this has not been sorted yet. I am trying to get Schumacher to deal with this

Cheers

20. Smile  
    is this just a one day thing or is it a couple day event. just trying to schedgual my time for this. i know it if for the fastest but will their be other interests like On and Off road exibits something for all

Last year was a 1 day event and there are different classes.

I would still like to see vegas

Quote Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
    i'm Still pulling for Las Vegas...

Billy, you are right about the aiports. Some have lateral groves for water drainage. Also things to consider are State Fair Grounds, Theme Parks, Malls ect. Many of these falicties have large parking lots that could be barricaded with straw bales, cones and rope.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricThunder View Post
    IIRC, Schumacher's U.S. headquarters are in Miami, FL? PLEASE let it go down at Moroso Motorsports Park. That'd be sweet (ok, so I'm biased).
    I gotta agree there is so many places it could be done around here, also we got great weather almost all year long there is so many resons to come out to miami!!! even tho i think the contest is great i dont see it fair that its so far away i myself have no bein impressed by the speeds shown(for the most part) i personally could and would break records in 2 catagories and i know alot of people here localy that would break practicaly every record set in the events high speed is all we do around here the turn out would be huge just on a little hang out spots we always have huge crouds with fast cars and its not even a ORGONIZED thing its just a sport we go out to hang out 3 times aweek the only thing catagoy i know we wouldnt take home would be anything NIC CASE would build becuase honestly the guy is in a lege of his own

You say Florida, I say Saint Louis!

Because I live close by!!!!

The reason why I suggested Las Vegas was due to the ease of access for anyone from anywhere.

The reson i sugjested miami is becuase high speed is all we do around here, there is kinda a lack of RC tracks so weve basicaly just hit the street with what ever we have i personally know atleast 20 people that have hit 100 MPH with the hpi RS4's we got something for every class so we could provide lots of action locally we could pull in over 100 people, i work at a LHS called MICRO MOTOR SPORTS we'd be glad to help in anyway if the event was done here in miami we could do huge promotions to bring everyone we know, everyone in the country has access to MIAMI theres hotels everywhere,almost everything is open 24hours, the weather is great and the drag strip where the even could be held is about 20 miles from the airport and there is hotels very close to the drag strip where it could be held, our drag strip is actually a airport run way it was comistioned by the city some time last year to be turned into a drag strip to cut down on the illegal street raceing its a great spot here is a link to the site of the drag strip in case anyone would like to check it out

http://www.countylinedragwayinc.com

i just hope that it wont be held in CALI again i see that kinda unfair to the rest of the country