Notices

Thread: 2008 WFRCCC location ideas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MiamizFinest. I have sent you a PM about organising the east coast event. Let me know what you think.

Basically I am looking for somebody to help organise the event. I agree with you that there will probably be more interest in the east coast event. If they are on different weekends people could go to both!!

maybe someone should step up and charter a R/C landspeed record organization and have rotating events or multiple events evach year. This way the classes get better defined. The event planning better and maybe even some better coverage of the event. RCCA only looks after one thing, subscription sales. They know all they need is 2~3 cars to shoot the moon with 100+ speeds and they can take some photos and sell a story.

I mentioned the need for this two years ago, this year I decided just to build the car and go for broke. I may even show up with some RCDriver and XrC stickers all over the car.

This is what I'm trying to do. I have tried to ensure the rules for the USA event and the UK event are the same and that the results are pooled from all events but I'm having real trouble getting anybody to even answer their emails. At least Me and Nic agree (well nearly!) so we have a start

Well just to throw some ideas around i thought id post a few things here is a link to a list of HOTELS in the area of MIA airport there are some basicaly across the street at good prices check out the link

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewHotelS...e=interstitial

also in the early post i took a wild guess on how far the drag strip is from the airport my guess was 20 miles turns out i almost hit the nail on the head its actually 19 point miles away here are directions to show how easy it would be to get there

lastly here is a idea how big the strip actually is here is a pic useing GOOGLE earth from about 3500 feet above the ground this is ofcourse before the whole drag strip was set up since google earth is delayed by about a year

Another guy on this forum is also arranging a speed meeting is South Cal somewhere in April. I'll let him post the info but it will be on a closed road about a mile long.

Nic and Brian. A chance to do some testing!

Cheers

Sounds pretty shweet to me. i was hoping to do alot of practicing
    i need info! My car has been on a hand hold for a lil bit cuz of family issues. Tony go on msn messanger!

Man, you've got the site, the hotels and the entrants...why don't you just put a national type event on yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by wqqdster View Post
    Man, you've got the site, the hotels and the entrants...why don't you just put a national type event on yourself?

Plus i got my own people and my own cars, whats missing??? means of paying for it LOL

We can sort that one out Miami !

Don't you belong to a club? If you have that much local interest they should be willing to front the money for expenses if there's any chance of getting it back. The other requirement would be insurance but your club should also be able to provide that through ROAR or other organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by wqqdster View Post
    Don't you belong to a club? If you have that much local interest they should be willing to front the money for expenses if there's any chance of getting it back. The other requirement would be insurance but your club should also be able to provide that through ROAR or other organizations.
    Club??? LOL no way i personally em gonig to sign up for ROAR so i cant officaly race at the offroad track (i liek going there alot) but as far as everyone esle most of the people i know have no idea what ROAR is we are not organized in anyway we jsut have all agreed on MEET days and times to hook up with one another and just hang out and run our cars

So is this happening or what?? I have a few cars ready to be finished but still waiting on the update for the possible MIA location

Hi

I cant seem to get hold of the Schumacher guy to organise it and I am waiting from a response from Miamizfinest. I'll let you know

Cheers

Hi

I just spoke to Shawn Palmer of Schumacher USA and he says he has been busy for the last 2-3 months so hasn't had a chance to organise anything yet. He is looking for a location within 2 hrs drive of Tampa and if anybody knows a suitable place please post it here and I will pass on the info.

As soon as he gets a suitable place its pretty automatic that the event will go ahead. Shawn suggested that October-November is the best time for that area so he will have an advantage as he will know what the records are from the other 2 events.

He also said he has done a few mods to a standard Fusion 28 and has clocked right at 100 mph!!!

AJLovering sorry i havent gotten back to to you or to this site ive honestly bein real busy on the weekends and no i have not gone to the strip yet, the people i talked to are real nice guys tho the only thing they asked me for was to please bring a car for them to see run on the drag strip witch would work great for us becuase ill personaly know and let YOU know how much traction we can really get, with my girl friends huge family there is always something going on on the weekends so i havent bein able to stop by and talk to them in person

honestly im very fed up with everyone always harrasing me personally about our speeds and basicaly that we are makeing this up, let me tell u IF the drag strip owners are happy and we can REALLY set this up TRUST ME EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE FULL SPEED FROM OUR PART FROM THIS POINT ON

SPEEDRACER is actually a friend of mine AND and works at the same shop i do and he is also very willing to help out set this thing up, i still have all ur contact info saturday afternoon ull be geting a phone call from me

we are going to put miami on the map even if i die trying

That's the spirit! I'm sure we will see some really fast times from you guys.

For speed gear I can loan you my gear as long as I get it back. I have a this speed trap

http://www.trackmateracing.com/shopexd.asp?id=122

And a radar gun as backup. It works perfectly. You should look at getting a set.

best of luk.

Brian, remember to take some video!!

Let's have it in Detroit, MI...

How about Rockingham NC..October the 4th?.... anyone interested?

e-mail me.... strghx@yahoo.com

Billy

This forum is just about dead. We are all over at www.fast-rc.co.uk. I will post all the info on the front page when I receive it all from Nic

Cheers

Congrats to Billy W on getting the World Record event at Rockingham Dragway on October 4th, 2008 in Hamlet, NC!!!!

Your hard work is going to pay off and I know this event will be the best one yet!

I might even put something together for it too!

The supercar was dismantled and sold!

This time it will be something electric!

Hiya Craps!

We have an active forum for speed cars and to discuss the speed comps here

www.fast-rc.co.uk

Post some pics of your latest project on the site. I hope its as wiked as the go cart!

Cheers

Craps... come on down.. i already got some of the guys from Hobby Stop heading down...and one or two from some of the Cup shops as well....

Billy

23. I got Dell XPS 16 laptop for free 
    I got this address from my friend , took my shot and i got Dell XPS 16, from Gadgetcentral don't know how long wil be alive
    but here it is to try:
    http://getdelllaptopfree.co.cc

24. I got Dell XPS 16 laptop for free 
    I got this address from my friend , took my shot and i got Dell XPS 16, from Gadgetcentral don't know how long wil be alive
    but here it is to try:

25. I got Dell XPS 16 laptop for free 
    but here it is to try: