Notices

Thread: Making a Car glow?Need help ASAP

1. Making a Car glow?Need help ASAP 
    Ok so I'm working on a drifter, and i want to make some kinda lighting system for it.. Is there a way of illuminating the car without using Neons or LEDS?? Im not very good at electronics so go easy on me withe the Vocab aite? =P Im stumped...

Thxs: Eli

Get a clear straw from a restaurant or wherever you can find one, then stick an LED in each end. It's not perfect, but it's actually a pretty cool effect.
    -Eric

Quote Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
    Get a clear straw from a restaurant or wherever you can find one, then stick an LED in each end. It's not perfect, but it's actually a pretty cool effect.
    -Eric

Fuel tubing works better I think (balang did a little trick with fuel tubing and a super bright LED; looked very effective).
    "Let your reach exceed your grasp; else what is a heaven for?"- Unknown

[QUOTE=Eli the rc guy;2276649 Is there a way of illuminating the car without using Neons or LEDS Thxs: Eli[/QUOTE]

He doesn't want to use led's.

glow in the dark paint

try flylites (Spellcheck) from electrifly. they are a full line of lighting run off of 6.0v reciever power. bright and effective. we got them in the shop 2 days ago. you can make them blink or steady.

Set the car near something radioactive.
    Light kits shouldnt be to expensive, i know in the back of rcca every oncein a while theres a ad for some headlight and tailights.

http://www.rc-lights.com/
    not to complicated, they do allthe "hard work" for you

Glow sticks

Hmm.. Yeah I completely forgot about the LED in the tubing.. I talked to my grandpa about it. He said he could help me with the wiring. I found this little power source ( 2 AA batteries holder ) I could use to power them..I've done LED's in school before, need to check my notes... Back to school today anyways. Thanks for all your help.

PS: If I didn't have to keep buying the the glow sticks I would use those!! =P

Quote Originally Posted by Budman_222 View Post
    He doesn't want to use led's.
    I know. I was just replying to the post I quoted; not directly to Eli.

Eli- I agree with all the others saying to get some of those pre-wired LEDs that just plug into an empty receiver slot. If you don't have an empty receiver slot, use a Y-harness for one of the channels and hook it all up that way. Running a AA battery holder is just more weight (and less room on the chassis). I also say shove the LEDs into fuel tubing, and route it along the underside of the car for that neon look.
    "Let your reach exceed your grasp; else what is a heaven for?"- Unknown

I got a power slot in my reciver but whireing is gonna be a pain XD

At my local hobby shop they have little LED lights that run on watch batteries. I don't know who makes them exactly but they are pretty bright. Might be what a few people have mentioned above. Thats if you change your mind about LED's.

I just happen to see a lite wire display at my hooby shop yesterday, it just came in this week.

Pretty much it looks like a 14ga tube that glows in blue,green or red and its like 18" long

What I've done was took apart 2 flashlights for their light bulb and hooked it up to 2 batteries and thats basically it. Yes my grandpa did help me

17. Cool  
    High-end glow-in-the-dark paint like Glow Inc's V10 is the answer. Here is a YouTube video showing it working on a non-remote model car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPrDMyGgdg

You can get it at www.glowinc.com