Notices

Thread: What would you do? T4, MGT, RC10GT2

1. What would you do? T4, MGT, RC10GT2 
    I have a delima. I have been out of R/C for about 2 years now and would like to buy a new vehicle! But which one? I would be bashing and racing with w/e I purchase. I recently found a new track in my area and would like to get back into racing. I have been looking at buying the MGT 4.6 because it looks awesome and BIG. I used to have a nitro but sold it because I was to young to understand how to tune an engine properly. Here are some of my main questions.
    1. Which class is your personal favorite to race? Truggy, MT, Stadium(nitro and electric), or 1/8 buggy
    2. Should I get a MGT ($400), T4 with a mamba max 5700 and 2 4200 MAH batteries ($450), RC10GT2 Factory team with a bad a** .18( $480) Hot Bodies stadium pro ($450) or 1/8 scale ofna ($400)?
    3. Which is the best to bash and race?

Thanks for reading my post, and yes I have already searched and did not find a direct answer.

1/8th scale is the most fun IMO. Big-block engines and giant trucks and buggies flying around draws the biggest crowd. (I race 1/10th electric and my dad does 1/8th, and more are interested in his ride)

As for starting out, I recommend the Sportwerks Turmoil. It's about 450 bucks, but it's fully loaded. A big .26 engine, Spectrum radio, solid chassis, and durable. http://www.sportwerksrc.com/Products...ProdID=SWK1225

Hope this helps you out!
    Beware of the Large Box. It's known to eat small children.

Garage - Evader ST Pro, Evader BX Pro (currently in pieces) HPI dash

MGT is a awesome basher and racer. All you really need is wheels. Stock it is perfect for bashing. Racing Some nice racing wheels would be good Here is a good site to show you mods for racing a MGT and information about the MGT another site with overall running review also a long term test.

http://www.monstergt.com/

http://www.myrcbox.com/review_lt_mgt.htm

At myrcbox you can go to the monster gt section and look at various good tips and such.
    Subaru's Pwn. Losi and the LST2 are Pwn. Monster GT is Pwn as well. Pwn3d! XD

I own the following vehicles as off 16/06/07:

Losi LST2 x2
    Monster GT
    Ofna Hyper 7 x3
    RC10GT
    Losi Aftershock
    Losi LST1

Note: 2 vehicles in my list are my friends.

Has anyone heard anything about the hot bodies lightning stadium pro? Thanks for yalls help! I have decided its going to be 1/8 to narrow it down. But now its buggy, truggy, or MGT?

did you look at the thunder tiger st-1 rtr? Awesome car for only $369 -$25 coupon. Mgt is still more fun in my opinion. Although the st-1 is more simple and there is much less to go wrong.
    Subaru's Pwn. Losi and the LST2 are Pwn. Monster GT is Pwn as well. Pwn3d! XD

I own the following vehicles as off 16/06/07:

Losi LST2 x2
    Monster GT
    Ofna Hyper 7 x3
    RC10GT
    Losi Aftershock
    Losi LST1

Note: 2 vehicles in my list are my friends.

Can the MGT hang with a truggy with just some tires and wheels and a little steering mods? Anybody have personal experience with racing their MGT againest other truggys? I have narrowed it down to the MGT, Mutilator, or a Jammin x1 RTR. Thanks for everyones help

If those are what you narrowed it down to, pick the Jammin.

I've always wanted a 1/8 scale buggy, so I figured if I get one it would be the jammin. I saw the truggys run and they look awesome, but the track that I am going to be racing at is really not big enough to show theire full potential. Its just hard to pick MT, truggy, or buggy. Anybody have all three and had a particular favorite?

No monster truck will ever match a truggy in terms handling at low and high speeds, truggies are also more durable and generaly faster.

I think you should also consider what is going on locally. You don't want to pick a vehicle that has a smaller racing class. If you need any setup advise or borrow a part if there isn't a parts source at the track, it will be there. With the Jammin, you have online sources for setups and since more people run a Jammin than the other picks you will get more answers. MT's are fun to bash though.

Here locally, the stadium class has grown and many are running brushless.