Notices
 

Thread: Best electric brushless boat????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. Best electric brushless boat???? 
    #1
    Join Date
    01-21-2004
    Location
    Erie PA
    Posts
    2,414
    So which one is it guys that you all vote that are using this forum???
    BJ 26
    SV27
    Villian EX modded
    ?????
    Or just a well built fast electric boat does not have to be brushless for that matter
     

  2. Brushless Hydro 
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbrad View Post
    So which one is it guys that you all vote that are using this forum???
    BJ 26
    SV27
    Villian EX modded
    ?????
    Or just a well built fast electric boat does not have to be brushless for that matter
    Have you looked at the offerings from minicat racing. Most are small but very fast and quite dependable. They seem to require very little fussing with and almost no modification as you use them, unlike many of the other fast electric products.
     

  3.  
    #3
    Join Date
    09-15-2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    28
    BJ26 for me!
     

  4.  
    #4
    pro boat formula fast tech
     

  5.  
    #5
    Join Date
    01-21-2004
    Location
    Erie PA
    Posts
    2,414
    I am torn between these 2 boats
    SV and the Fast tech
    I just don't know
     

  6.  
    #6
    Join Date
    05-02-2007
    Location
    Woodland,California
    Posts
    25
    i went with the sv27 because it takes the abuse of rough water and can turn well and it has a racing class for stock sv27
     

  7.  
    #7
    Join Date
    03-07-2006
    Location
    Strongsville, OH USA
    Posts
    2
    I'm pretty new to the latest of FE boats - have been building land (kits and from scratch, prefer scratch building over everything) machines for about 30 years and just got into the boats this past year. I have a tremendous amount of experience with RC...as does a neighbor of mine who used to race professionally years ago.

    I'm not really sure about the SV statements. From everything I've read and seen the SV is very unstable in rough conditions, is prone to "flipping" - and what I've seen from my neighbors SV doesnt turn that well either. I could be wrong and I'm sure the SV crew will point out I'm wrong - but this is what I've seen on youtube and with my neighbors SV.

    Although the FASTech isn't the fastest bl out there it's pretty stable and this I say from experience. There's no doubt the SV is faster but from what we've experienced the FASTech turns better and handles chop better.

    just my 2cents
     

  8. pound for pound 
    #8
    pound for pound - inch for inch, The boats from Mini Cat Racing USA are tops!

    The Micro Hydro is 15" long and does a true 37mph GPS'd, right out of the box!
     

  9.  
    #9
    Join Date
    03-23-2007
    Location
    algonac.. its boring.
    Posts
    1,253
    You also have to have perfect water conditions for the mini cat. And proboats are junk good thing you went with the supervee. Thers also another place that you can build boats. Www.bbyracing.com. you build the ovalmaster from there and put in good six cells nimh or 2s lipo and a 19 turn car motor you will smoke any traxxas or proboat out.
    The aquacrafts are race hull inspired and are the only rtr boat you can take out opf the box and put on the podium. Btw check out aquacrafts website for the new hysdro amd tunnel hull coming out.
     

  10.  
    #10
    The Jollymotor Offshore RTR from Mini Cat Racing USA LOVES rough water! You need to watch their videos!

    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    You also have to have perfect water conditions for the mini cat. And proboats are junk good thing you went with the supervee. Thers also another place that you can build boats. Www.bbyracing.com. you build the ovalmaster from there and put in good six cells nimh or 2s lipo and a 19 turn car motor you will smoke any traxxas or proboat out.
    The aquacrafts are race hull inspired and are the only rtr boat you can take out opf the box and put on the podium. Btw check out aquacrafts website for the new hysdro amd tunnel hull coming out.
     

  11.  
    #11
    Join Date
    03-23-2007
    Location
    algonac.. its boring.
    Posts
    1,253
    I'm talkin the mini stuff that they offer
     

  12.  
    #12
    Yep, understood, just pointing out that they have other boats and the Jollymotor handles rough water better than the supervee, etc. A lot of people have a small lake or pond behind their house or in their subdivision which is perfect for the mini boats.

    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    I'm talkin the mini stuff that they offer
     

  13.  
    #13
    I'm curious why they replaced their other tunnel which ran good and was already painted, etc. with a new tunnel hull, made of wood, and still needs painting, at twice the price! Anyone know?

    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    You also have to have perfect water conditions for the mini cat. And proboats are junk good thing you went with the supervee. Thers also another place that you can build boats. Www.bbyracing.com. you build the ovalmaster from there and put in good six cells nimh or 2s lipo and a 19 turn car motor you will smoke any traxxas or proboat out.
    The aquacrafts are race hull inspired and are the only rtr boat you can take out opf the box and put on the podium. Btw check out aquacrafts website for the new hysdro amd tunnel hull coming out.
     

  14.  
    #14
    Join Date
    03-23-2007
    Location
    algonac.. its boring.
    Posts
    1,253
    The second version is more of a pro race version and is a better design and is aimed more at elec although it can be double duty. Wof or wood over foam is the most popular form of contruction for tunnel hulls. I plan on gettin their new hydro and the new tunnel powered by a cut knb lower with brushless power
     

  15.  
    #15
    I keep wondering when somebody will come out with a ready to run brushless outboard! It's a pain to have to pay so much for the lower unit and adapter etc and then figure it out yourself. The cost really gets up there too! Hopefully Aquacraft will take a hint if they intend to use the new VS1 with electrics! Still don't know why they didn't keep the original tunnel for the newbies. It was a really good hull for the price and I was considering trying an e-tunnel using that hull. But I won't pay $150 for the VS1. There's too many good glass hulls out there for a similar price.

    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    The second version is more of a pro race version and is a better design and is aimed more at elec although it can be double duty. Wof or wood over foam is the most popular form of contruction for tunnel hulls. I plan on gettin their new hydro and the new tunnel powered by a cut knb lower with brushless power
     

  16. Cool  
    #16
    Join Date
    12-01-2004
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    266
    R/C outboards are a losing proposition for RTR makers - and they aren't very popular among non-RTRs either. The BL motors and ESCs will not take a dunking like brushed motors and mechanical controllers did. The few RTR OBs of the past (like the WaveMaster) didn't sell very well and were a disaster for the makers due to complaints from owners. With the SV27's phenomenal sales record, why would a reputable maker diminish their rep by bringing out an almost-guaranteed failure?

    AC has their bases covered with a great mono and a super hydro - we should be grateful that they are offering high quality RTRs that actually WORK rather than wishing for them to fill a tiny niche market. I well remember the past when most RTRS either didn't work at all, or had dismall performance.


    ,
     

  17.  
    #17
    We run E outboards all the time. The brushless motors are totally unphased by a dunking. We run the water cooled ESC's inside a radio box so no worries there either. The only reason E outboards arent popular is that nobody makes a RTR outboard motor unit. I just think they are missing another piece of the market. There are a lot more E outboards running than you think! I think they will eventually get around to it but I agree the SV27 and their UL-1 fill the mono and hydro niches pretty well. Look for some new RTR's on the scene soon that will greatly challenge the AC's. But then that's progress, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    R/C outboards are a losing proposition for RTR makers - and they aren't very popular among non-RTRs either. The BL motors and ESCs will not take a dunking like brushed motors and mechanical controllers did. The few RTR OBs of the past (like the WaveMaster) didn't sell very well and were a disaster for the makers due to complaints from owners. With the SV27's phenomenal sales record, why would a reputable maker diminish their rep by bringing out an almost-guaranteed failure?

    AC has their bases covered with a great mono and a super hydro - we should be grateful that they are offering high quality RTRs that actually WORK rather than wishing for them to fill a tiny niche market. I well remember the past when most RTRS either didn't work at all, or had dismall performance.


    ,
     

  18.  
    #18
    Join Date
    03-23-2007
    Location
    algonac.. its boring.
    Posts
    1,253
    sailr id rather have a wof tunnel over a glass one anyday they are just as strong if not stronger
     

  19.  
    #19
    Guess it's good we all have our preferences. I respect yours but WOF has not been good experience for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    sailr id rather have a wof tunnel over a glass one anyday they are just as strong if not stronger
     

  20.  
    #20
    Join Date
    08-08-2002
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Mi.
    Posts
    3,195
    This is an old thread but the one to have right now is this one here: http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...ior/index.html
    One of the first ones out ran 64 and 65 MPH at the Legg Lake record trials recently, pretty much stock except for a prop swap, some hockey tape to make an air dam and some tweaking. The mirrors were broken off but otherwise out of the box stock.
     

  21.  
    #21
    New UL-1 Superior from Aquacraft! Hands down!
     

  22.  
    #22
    Join Date
    06-10-2004
    Location
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Posts
    20
    YOu might want to read some posts on the UL1 on other forums before you decide to try it.
     

  23.  
    #23
    I have followed all the other forums. I have one. Did all the mods to strengthen it. The boat RIPS, is stable and drives like it's on rails. I stand by my comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    YOu might want to read some posts on the UL1 on other forums before you decide to try it.
     

  24.  
    #24
    Well I have the supervee 27 and had a bj26 til I overfilled the hull with foam and blew it out
    I have to say that while many say the bj26 is a weak hull, etc., I sure had good luck with it. I had more fun running the bj26 then the sv27 as well, I just like the way the cats look on the water. when I blew my bj26 out at the seams I bought a fdm aeromarine mean machine because of the fun I had with the bj26.... and though my mean machine is a much more capable and better handling boat I can still say I miss my blackjack too!
    Last but not least I liked the blackjacks esc/motor combo..... I was able to run my lipos on the system and even ran 5s on the stock components.
    The bj26bl was my first boat, and it hooked me, I know have over 10 boats including the mean machine and a pip triton, sw55, v24, sv27.
    I thinks any of the new brushless rtr's are a great buy, low maint., and fast, there is not one out there that would not be a great buy!!!
     

  25.  
    #25
    Join Date
    03-23-2007
    Location
    algonac.. its boring.
    Posts
    1,253
    you dont wanna use expanding foam. because the stuff soaks up water really nicely then youllhave a heavy boat..
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •