Notices

Thread: Watercooling Brushless Mystery 100A ESC??

1. Watercooling Brushless Mystery 100A ESC?? 
    Hey guys,

I just bought a brushless 100a mystery esc for my boat and I was wondering if anyone has watercooled it? Here's a couple of pics...

Is there a way to remove the heat sink and apply the watercooling plate? Or should I just solder the cooling plate to the heatsink? What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks in advance!

Did you ever get help with this. It is easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by syncronized77 View Post
    Hey guys,

I just bought a brushless 100a mystery esc for my boat and I was wondering if anyone has watercooled it? Here's a couple of pics...

Is there a way to remove the heat sink and apply the watercooling plate? Or should I just solder the cooling plate to the heatsink? What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks in advance!

Most remove the air cooling and level the top of the fets and then apply some thermo paste and put the cooler on the fets. On ESCs that are wider than the cooler I would put a thin brass plate on the cooler or alum so that it is cooling all the fets equally. There are alum coolers out there that fit the top of the fets perfectly. I am planning to do some as well.

The himodel 200 amp version with bec. I also plan on building a cooling fan in it somehow to keep the lower fets cooler. That is the problem with only cooling the top ones.

I never got around to doing mine, but now seeing this has me thinking.