Notices

Thread: Need Help on Bud wiring.

1. Post Need Help on Bud wiring. 
    Is there anybody on this forum who could help a lost soul? I purchased a HydroMarine 1/10 Twin wing Bud Hydro. I purchased everything I thought I would need. My problem is I don't have any ideal on how to wire it up.I purchased aE-Motor Lehner Burstenlos 2250 9 wind motor also I got a YGE 200 Navy 12-42 speed control with a on and off switch. I can do the rest of the building of the boat OK. It's just I am totaly lost on how to wire the motor and speed sensor. I haven bought a servo yet until I have the wiring up to speed. So what I am asking for is some big help on how to wire the boat up. So please and try to help a desperate person in need off help. If you can thenk you very much.

The motor should have three wires (12 or 14 gage) on it, with bullet connectors attached. The most common color groups for the motor wires are: black/red/white; black/red/blue; black/red/yellow/; and yellow/red/blue; or they may all be the same color.

The speed control should have three sets of wires on it.
    1. One set of three wires (12 or 14 gage) should have bullet plugs on it to connect to the motor. These will be one of the following color groups: black/red/white; black/red/blue; black/red/yellow/; and yellow/red/blue; or they may all be the same color. These are usually on one end of the ESC.
    2. One set of of two wires (12 or 14 gage) should have a battery plug on it. These wires will be black and red. These are usually on the end of the ESC, opposite from the motor leads.
    3. One set of three wires (20 gage) should have a radio receiver plug on it. These wires may be: black/red/white; brown/orange/gray; black/red/yellow; black/red/blue; or black/red/orange. The black or brown wire is the - power lead to the servo. These are usually on the same end as the battery leads.
    4. There may be a fourth set of wires with an on/off switch.

Read the instructions for the motor and esc, as they may be differrent from the generic directions I'm about to give you.
    1. Connect the three leads from the esc to the motor.
    2. Plug the receiver plug into the radio.
    3. Turn on your transmitter.
    4. Connect the battery to the esc.
    5. Power up the esc, and check the motor rotation. If the motor turns the wrong way change any two of the connections between the motor and the esc.

The paired black and red wires on the left go to the battery. The twisted black/red/orange wire looks like it becomes the brown/red/orange wire with the receiver plug on it. The three yellow wires on the right connect to the motor.

Thanks CGBOB for the information. This project as been alot more work than I though it would be. Two question if you will please. What is the rotation for the prop? Also there was no information that came with the motor or esc. Thanks for the information and hope everything works right. Have a good week.

Prop rotation depends on hand (pitch direction) of the prop. Most FE models will use a left hand pitch prop, and the prop will turn counter clockwise when viewed from the stern.

If you search hard enough, you'll be able to find translated instructions for the ESC and motor.