Notices

Thread: PiStix

1. PiStix 
    PiStix will be back in production soon!

Should be about 6-8 weeks before they are back in stock at OSE.

Are they being made again by RC-Hydros (Andy) or somebody else?

Quote Originally Posted by ReddyWatts View Post
    PiStix will be back in production soon!

Should be about 6-8 weeks before they are back in stock at OSE.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Are they being made again by RC-Hydros (Andy) or somebody else?
    Someone else and its not me.

4. Pistix 
    Hopefully somebody will have them soon,

5. Pistix in stock 
    I have a few Pistix. $25 ea shipped in the US. Outside the country, actual priority mail shipping will apply. Reply here and I will PM you to give you details.

I still have a few pistix for $25 each! I thought you guys needed some?

Pistix is a scam, like the 2000 bug, soooo that's why no one wants them?

A scam? Please explain. No scam about them. They do exist. They are now being produced again. They do what they are advertised to do! So what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by hooppjs View Post
    Pistix is a scam, like the 2000 bug, soooo that's why no one wants them?

Sorry sailr mate to get get your back up I didn't realize you were selling them, for that I apologize. I just don't get Pistix. Why pay $25 for something my index finger can do in a nano second?
    I suppose my point is laziness or people not reading the instructions correctly to arm esc's with pistol radios.
    That's it in a nutshell, correct me if I am wrong. I meant you no mallice buddy.

Peter

10. pistix 
    Obviously you don't understand what a pistix is! It allows you to use an ESC designed for a stick type transmitter with a pistol style transmitter. No amount of 'talent' in your index finger can overcome the difference in timing the two different types of transmitters put out. The pistix, plugged in between the receiver and the esc, transforms the timing of the pistol type transmitter to that which the esc understands! Case in point, it allows you to use an esc designed for aircraft use, in a car or boat, using a pistol type transmitter!

I suggest you do some homework before making ill-informed statements.

Sorry sailr mate to get get your back up I didn't realize you were selling them, for that I apologize. I just don't get Pistix. Why pay $25 for something my index finger can do in a nano second?
    I suppose my point is laziness or people not reading the instructions correctly to arm esc's with pistol radios.
    That's it in a nutshell, correct me if I am wrong. I meant you no mallice buddy.

Peter

Obviously you don't understand what a pistix is! It allows you to use an ESC designed for a stick type transmitter with a pistol style transmitter. No amount of 'talent' in your index finger can overcome the difference in timing the two different types of transmitters put out. The pistix, plugged in between the receiver and the esc, transforms the timing of the pistol type transmitter to that which the esc understands! Case in point, it allows you to use an esc designed for aircraft use, in a car or boat, using a pistol type transmitter!

I suggest you do some homework before making ill-informed statements.
    No worries mate. My old Hobbywing ESC's - designed for a stick type transmitter, air & heli use, work with pistol radio. Spek dx3, 3.0, JR xs3 pistol trx. All in tunnel boats in the f/e section of rcuniverse boat forum. Also used air esc's in cars with pistol radio in r/c car action nitro forum. No pis***. Case in point.
    Last edited by hooppjs; 11-18-2009 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to say pis***

Not ALL esc's designed for air use will work with a pistol style radio transmitter. Others will. You just haven't happened across one of those that wont....YET. When that happens, you will be happy to indulge in a pistix.

No worries mate. My old Hobbywing ESC's - designed for a stick type transmitter, air & heli use, work with pistol radio. Spek dx3, 3.0, JR xs3 pistol trx. All in tunnel boats in the f/e section of rcuniverse boat forum. Also used air esc's in cars with pistol radio in r/c car action nitro forum. No pis***. Case in point.

Not ALL esc's designed for air use will work with a pistol style radio transmitter. Others will. You just haven't happened across one of those that wont....YET. When that happens, you will be happy to indulge in a pistix.
    sailr,
    You are a gentleman in your explanation of the pistix. I am a lucky duck then?

Pete