Notices

Thread: Idiot hooks up 6S to MMM... in reverse.

1. Idiot hooks up 6S to MMM... in reverse. 
    I was too busy worrying about my job interview and didn't realize the main connectors were on backwards. I'll tell you one thing, the spark was *awesome*, and the sound isn't a sharp firecracker sound, more like a loud hollow pop like a light bulb imploding. Of course now I have to check with someone at CC if it's okay to give power to it the right way around. Go me
    Attached Images

I know the feeling making a stupid mistake
    Just connect it the proper way and let us know when you,re "up and Running" again haha

ps. Good luck with you,re job interview !

i did that TWICE with my xbr last weekend.. lets say it survived the first time but not the second.

Welp, I donned a pair of gloves, goggles and a thick jersey, and then told my fiancee's brother to hook up a pair of NiMh packs to it in series. Just a small spark. Flip the switch, fan spins up, eventually to full speed in a minute, all three lights are flashing like mad since there's no Rx nor motor hooked up and the ESC won't boot any further therefore. Checked the BEC voltage, and there's a solid 6 volts showing. Tomorrow I might be brave enough to make someone else hook up the 3S lipos in series.

just do it sissy.....
    i had a 4s pack with a bad cell so i tore it apart and soldered it into a 3s pack and everone at the track was acting like i was workin on a bomb... people are wayyy too wary of these lipos...

Why not hook up like a 5 cell receiver pack and see if it will run the motor?

Chewie, I'm always really cautious with LiPos, or any battery for that matter. I at least try to cut the wires one at a time... unlike someone.

-Eric

Ran it today on 4S and 6S, works fine. And yeah, I'm pretty careful with packs, especially the LiPos.

eric your a ass !!! rofl I CANT BELIVE YOU REMEMBERED THAT !!

Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    eric your a ass !!! rofl I CANT BELIVE YOU REMEMBERED THAT !!

-Eric

I see chewie's point. I've had ppl give me trouble for soldering together my own lipo packs, even though they were shipped to me as loose cells! I turned to them and asked "How do you suggest I install it then?"
    Its not like I was soldering butt-naked either, I had safety glasses, gloves, working with heat-sinks and a good iron. Some ppl are just too jumpy around these things.

i feel safer soldering on lipo cells than i do on nimh cells..