Notices

Thread: black jack 26 electric lipo

1. Cool black jack 26 electric lipo 
    I Have Recently Been Hooked On Rc Boat Racing
    AND With A Rush Of Blood And A Sweet Talking Sales Rep Made A Purchase Without Researching The Boat .
    Does Any One Own A Black Jack 26 That Could Put My Mind At Ease

I Wanted More Speed And Purchased 2 Lipo Batteries
    HOW FAST WOULD THIS BOAT GO AND WOULD IT MATCH IT WITH THE OTHERS
    At The Time I Was Told That All I Needed To Get On The Water Was A Charger, Batteries ,& Control
    Now I Have Found Out To Run Lipo I Require Programing Module Prb3311 Which Is Sold Separately
    What Is The Cost For This Unit

Can Ayone Answer These Questions

Thanks

Robcata

Quote Originally Posted by robcata View Post
    I Have Recently Been Hooked On Rc Boat Racing
    AND With A Rush Of Blood And A Sweet Talking Sales Rep Made A Purchase Without Researching The Boat .
    Does Any One Own A Black Jack 26 That Could Put My Mind At Ease

I Wanted More Speed And Purchased 2 Lipo Batteries
    HOW FAST WOULD THIS BOAT GO AND WOULD IT MATCH IT WITH THE OTHERS
    At The Time I Was Told That All I Needed To Get On The Water Was A Charger, Batteries ,& Control
    Now I Have Found Out To Run Lipo I Require Programing Module Prb3311 Which Is Sold Separately
    What Is The Cost For This Unit

Can Ayone Answer These Questions

Thanks

Robcata
    I own a blackjack 26 and I run LIPOS. I ran 2 2s lipos (smc 5000mah) all last summer. I do have a program module which runs about $25. The module allows you to have a lipo cutoff which will protect your lipos from overdischarge. This year I am going to run a 2s on one side of the boat and a 3s on the other side of the boat (both in this boat and my supervee)
    On 2 2s (4s) lipos and a balanced octrua prop my boat would run around 35-38 mph.....quite fast..... I project with 5s my boat will run around 45mph.
    As far as racing goes I would upgrade the rear hardware with an offset rudder as handling could be better.
    I run a aeromarine mean machine by fdm and that is more set up to be stable to race in race water.
    Last but not least is that with lipos my blackjack was a little light and was a handful.......