Notices

Thread: Arrow Grafix (RC Painting)

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. Arrow Grafix (RC Painting) 
    My name is Brian Sparks. I have been into the RC hobby for about 15 years. Many yrs ago I worked at a local Hobbytown and that is when I started painting. Ever since I left I painted maybe 1-2 bodies a year. I have recently picked up the airbrush to paint more. Which I have been selling on ebay.

Thanks for Looking. If you should like a quote I can be reached via email @ Arrowgrafix@comcast.net.

All comments and questions are welcome.

ROCKSTAR Slash - 100% paint

JConcepts Illuzion REVO

Monster Slash - 100% Paint

Customer Request

Another Monster Energy Slash - 100% paint

Steelers AFC Champions Body - 100% Paint

Steelers Buggy

Reb Bull Slash - 100% paint

Customer request

One of my old bodies

A few more

A new one

AMP Energy - 100% paint

The Newest one. Thanks for looking

JConcepts Truth - Red Bull 100% paint

Some new paint. Same as some of the above, just customer requests.

Another AMP Energy

Another Rockstar Energy

Fresh paint from this weekend. Thanks for looking

Customer Request. Aflac Slash

Aflac!

Awesome!

The Aflac body is killer.

All the various grill designs you have come up with are excellent, and you have a very marketable product there. Aside from the great paintwork, you might consider custom vinyl as a "business venture" also. I know I would be a customer when the need arises.

Can you do all types of lettering and such? I have a request for soemthing that you might be able to help me with.

PM me if you want to see details.

Keep up the spectacular paints! They are all superb!

Quote Originally Posted by davec-nitro-rs4 View Post
    The Aflac body is killer.

All the various grill designs you have come up with are excellent, and you have a very marketable product there. Aside from the great paintwork, you might consider custom vinyl as a "business venture" also. I know I would be a customer when the need arises.

Can you do all types of lettering and such? I have a request for soemthing that you might be able to help me with.

PM me if you want to see details.

Keep up the spectacular paints! They are all superb!
    Thanks PM sent

how do you make the paint masks, like on your 100% paint rockstar and redbull bodies? do you have a vinyl cutter and use those for masks? or do you coat the whole thing with liquid mask and hand cut it all?

Quote Originally Posted by HPI_freak View Post
    how do you make the paint masks, like on your 100% paint rockstar and redbull bodies? do you have a vinyl cutter and use those for masks? or do you coat the whole thing with liquid mask and hand cut it all?
    I use a vinyl cutter on most logos. I do hand cut some as well. I had to hand cut the duck on the side of the Aflac body. If the vinyl will not lay flat then I use LM.

15. Question Vinyal cutter 
    Hello,work looks sick I like the aflak body.Maybe you can help me, What is a user friendly,duralble and not to costly Vinyl Cutter. do you have any insight on this matter.Thanks John...

Quote Originally Posted by rackster1315 View Post
    Hello,work looks sick I like the aflak body.Maybe you can help me, What is a user friendly,duralble and not to costly Vinyl Cutter. do you have any insight on this matter.Thanks John...
    I personally use a US Cutter 24" LP. I got it from ebay and it has already paid for itself. My opinion would be US Cutter or Craft Robo.

dude you paint insane bodies. I REALLY like the Rockstar Energy one. Gol, I bet you charge bunches for these beautiful works of art!

Have you done any with a Taido logo? Trying to find out if your who I think you are. My brother and nephew are heavy into Taido and I have heard them talk about a Brian Sparks quite a bit. MY nephew Andy is in Japan now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog49 View Post
    Have you done any with a Taido logo? Trying to find out if your who I think you are. My brother and nephew are heavy into Taido and I have heard them talk about a Brian Sparks quite a bit. MY nephew Andy is in Japan now.
    I have not done one like that. Sorry.

Just wondering. My brother and nephew studied Taido Karate with a Brian Sparks for a long time and spoke highly of him. The name was unusual enough I had to check and see.
    By the way you do some great work. I'm 60 years old but have only been into rc for a couple of years, but I've been into artwork all my life. My favorite part of building is the painting. Thank God for the airbrush!!!!
    Keep up the good work. Maybe one of these days I'll post some of my efforts. Right now I am working on real fire, can do it fine on a MC gas tank, fender or some other surface. But you flip that sucker backwards and it's a whole new ball game.
    Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by rcfreak9 View Post
    dude you paint insane bodies. I REALLY like the Rockstar Energy one. Gol, I bet you charge bunches for these beautiful works of art!

Thanks for the kind words. I try. They are probably not as much as you think. I will PM you what I would do the Rockstar for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog49 View Post
    Just wondering. My brother and nephew studied Taido Karate with a Brian Sparks for a long time and spoke highly of him. The name was unusual enough I had to check and see.
    By the way you do some great work. I'm 60 years old but have only been into rc for a couple of years, but I've been into artwork all my life. My favorite part of building is the painting. Thank God for the airbrush!!!!
    Keep up the good work. Maybe one of these days I'll post some of my efforts. Right now I am working on real fire, can do it fine on a MC gas tank, fender or some other surface. But you flip that sucker backwards and it's a whole new ball game.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I like the painting part myself as well. I am the opposite. I cannot paint real items, not that I have tried that much. The clear bodies seem to come easier for me. Althought I still cannot keep up with some of the guys on here. I guess if I painted as much I would get better. I have not dared to try true fire as of yet. Maybe I need to start.

Save all the lexan packaging you can lay your hands on. everything comes packaged in lexan these days. Don't waste money on bodies, just on paint,
    There are some pretty good tutorials on you tube.
    Your work looks great as is. I'm just talking about if you want to expand.

good idea. I have also been using coke bottles and I got some lexan sheets from Home Depot and just cut them down into smaller pcs.

Just thought of something you might want to try. You can take an image start with something simple. tape it to the outside of the project, take a fine line brush, paint and you just trace the image on the inside. It's really not that hard. You need a good brush!!
    I'm doing a Tiger down the side of a 240Z HPI Cup Racer as soon as it gets here.
    I have done Dragons and Eagles. You are only limited by the designs you find, you can enlarge or shrink them to the size you need.
    Get you some scrap lexan and try it. I bet you surprise yourself.
    Brush strokes don't show, and shading is easy.
    Like I said use good brushes, any art supply shop has them and you don't have to spend a fortune. Just get something that the hair won't be falling out on you and the hair will form a sharp point for details. Do the details first, then fill in the background.
    Give it a shot, it will come to you quick.