Notices

Thread: Old Dumas Model Kits

1. Old Dumas Model Kits 
    I recently inherited unopened original Dumas balsa kits of the Miss Unlimited, Thriftway, and Thriftway Too. Considering the materials and eventual weight of the boat after construction, are these kits totally obsolete and do I just dump them? I realize that these are historic kits and conjur up fond memories for many, but if constructing a boat today for a brushless engine, etc. it appears that these are not really suitable. Any comments?

2. old model kits 
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom2 View Post
    I recently inherited unopened original Dumas balsa kits of the Miss Unlimited, Thriftway, and Thriftway Too. Considering the materials and eventual weight of the boat after construction, are these kits totally obsolete and do I just dump them? I realize that these are historic kits and conjur up fond memories for many, but if constructing a boat today for a brushless engine, etc. it appears that these are not really suitable. Any comments?
    Some of the best kits in modeling are no longer manufactured. For instance I just bought a Sig Piper Cub J-3 with a 103" wingspan. Classic and sweet! Let me know what you want for them and I will check my bank account! Regards, Jon