Notices

Thread: RCBM e-zine?

1. RCBM e-zine? 
    I just saw a posting on another RC boat forum site that appears to confirm the rumor that RCBM is going to have an online e-zine!
    Can anyone confirm this or let us know what's up?
    I also threw my name is as a possible contributor to it.

I hope it's so. If it happens, I'll subscribe to it. Having my hobby confined to half a dozen pages in a car magazine doesn't quite make it.

3. Wink  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmsprt40 View Post
    I hope it's so. If it happens, I'll subscribe to it. Having my hobby confined to half a dozen pages in a car magazine doesn't quite make it.
    Yes!

ROCK CRAWLERS as far as I know are CRABS - Hmmm! Wonder if the US equivalent slang means the same as in the UK? I will have to check that with my former workmate in Dover (NH).

.... Oh! - and Hi Ron! John

OK, what little that I do know.
    It seems like Mike "Grimracer" Zaborowski is helping to get things going, how much I don't know but I told him that I'd help in any way that I can. You're probably be going to see some old faces and a lot of new ones contributing articles. This won't be an overnight thing as I'm guessing that it will take some time to gather everything to get it up and going online. How often it wil be done I haven't a clue yet either. I was kind of hoping that one of the Mod's in here would have said something by now but that hasn't happened.
    There also seems like there would be a need for people in nitro, gas, electric and scale to throw in something. Plans are also for race/event coverage.

So far, I'm a little disappointed in the RC boat coverage in RCCA. I was into the car and truck scene for 6 or so years steady and dabbled in and out of it for more years. Working on them for 6 days just to run on one day got old living in the workshop and keeping up with the competition so I don't care if I saw another 4-wheeler.
    Hi back to you guys. We need to get this part of the site kicked back into gear!

Yet another forum / e-zine to read ?

I'm already folowing 12 of them .. need time to sleep too :-)

I don't know how much of a forum site that it'll be as they already have one here but it seems like it will be more of an e-zine format.
    Right now though your guess is as good as mine as to what they're up to. I haven't heard squat since I saw a thread on a competing forum site about this.
    Yeah, I'm a member of more forums sites than I can count now also, some very active and others on life support.

Jamie aka Doubledog posted this link last night on another forum site otherwise probably most of us wouldn't have found out about it!
    The e-zine is now online........
    http://www.rcboatmodeler-digital.com.../2009fall/#pg1
    You can download Google Gear to read it offline if you wish.

Jamie said that he got an e-mail notification about it, I didn't get squat. I find it sad that nobody running the show here made any kind of announcement in the boat forums here.