Notices

Thread: Join us for the RC Car Action/HPI Racing Race for a Cure in June!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Radio Control Car Aciton/HPI Racing/Pinshop Hobbies Race for a Cure is less than two weeks away! Sign up now. Hope to see a lot of you there. We’re going to have a club race on Sunday along with the 1/5-scale guys and the track will be open for practice every night after racing. When we are taking a brake from racing the track will be open for basher type trucks to give the crowd something to watch while we are getting ready for the next round. So bring your bashers with you if you have them. We’re going to have a great time and we have a nice pile of prizes for the race.

Updated Racing Schedule

Friday 6/18/10 Short Course
    10am 1pm Open Practice
    1-2pm Break/MT Freestyle
    2pm Short Course Race
    Open Practice Immediately Following

Saturday 6/19/10 1/8 Buggy & Truggy
    Gates open at 8am
    9am Track opens for Practice
    11am Racing begins promptly
    Open Practice Immediately Following

Sunday 6/20/10 1/5 Scale & Club Race
    Gates open at 8am
    9am Track opens for Practice
    11am Racing begins promptly

AKA, Speed Passion, JConcepts and Hostile Hobby are now sponsors. Thanks guys!

I can't wait for this event !!!!! It's going to to a blast !!!! Racing and all the other things that are going on there. It's going to be a fun filled weekend.For a great cause.

O.S. Engines and O'Donnell racing are now on the sponsor list!

The Boy Scouts will be available for paid corner mashalling for those who want it for a fee.

Hmmm...I like the idea of supporting the Boy Scouts...(and being able to relax for a change may be nice too!) How much? Is it per class/day/race? Where do I sign up for that!

Some Updates.....
    Boy Scouts have joined in with us and are offering there services for Corner Marshalling. You can hire them for $20 per day for the first class and $10 for each additional. This is a great way for them to earn some extra money.

Cancer has affected us in one way or another. Race for a Cure is a way for us to help get closer to a cure.
    We hope everyone comes out and joins us in this fun filled weekend. There are many activities going on on the fairgrounds all weekend.

For more information please contact Pin Shop Hobbies 203-910-1343

Almost there!

Racing will be open to electric and nitro.

I just finished up the last of my vehicles for the race. I'm running my HPI Blitz ESE and Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate on Friday, my AE truggy and buggy on Saturday and I my Baja 5B and 5T on Sunday. I can't wait to get to the track.

We got to go up to the Fair grounds today to meet with the man running the overall event. He gave us two options on were we could set up the track.One far from everything or one right in the middle of the event. We picked to set up right smack in the middle.IT'S GOING TO BE SWEET !!!! We have grand stands for spectators to watch.And there should be ton's coming out for this whole event.Are pit area has asphalt and power.There will be lighting,food,bath rooms all right next to us.This is going to be great!!!It's for a great cause and will help promote are hobby to lots of people.Are racing will be one of the main show case events.Still room for everyone.Come on out and have a blast!!!!!! So far the weather looks like it's going to be perfect.This is going to be great for the whole family.

The track is coming together!
    Attached Images

Love it! Can't wait...

Hey I took those pictures.LOL It's coming together FANTASTIC ! It's going to be great.We are going to have a blast and get so much exposure.We have so much pit room and power.We are smack in the middle of the midway.We are going to have so many people watching.THOUSAND !!!!! It's going to promote the hobby so well.Look forward to seeing everyone and for a great cause as well.

I just rolled in from the track. The guys built the drivers stand today and the dirt was delivered this evening. The dirt was used to build the jumps and all that’s left to do it compact it and dial in pit lane. The track is right in the middle of all the action at the fairgrounds. I took out my Slash 4x4 and the track was perfect for it. It handled the jumps well and I had no trouble getting around the track. Then I busted out my AE truggy and ran some hot laps. I figured since the track had a lot of grass sections, my truck would be traction rolling a lot in the turns and that wasn’t the case at all. It slid perfectly through the turns and the jumps were no problem for it. The track however, was a little on the tight side for my Baja 5B. We will leave it as is until Sunday and make adjustments for the large scale guys. The Pin Shop Hobbies guys did a great job on the track and I’m really looking forward to racing there this weekend.

Anyone that signs up before Thursday will be put one the list and will get into the fairgrounds free all weekend. The track will be open Thursday for practice and there will be no charge at the gate. Friday practice will start at 10am