Notices

Thread: No Spark

1. No Spark 
    Hi all. So I have what i think is a 25cc homelite engine in my boat and it starts right up then runs for 5 minutes and dies. Once it dies it is impossible to start for at least 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure it's the coil because i have no spark after it dies. Can i take the coil off a 30cc homelite engine and use it on my engine (they look exactly the same)? Also would it be possible to use the piston and cylinder from the 30cc on my 25cc? The bore on my 25cc is highly scared and discolored but the 30cc looks brand new, and the little extra power could be fun. I would just swap out engines but the 30cc has a clutch which would be really nice in my boat (since it is air cooled no coolant problem) but the clutch makes the engine 3" longer and everything in my boat is very permanently mounted. And i can't figure out how to get the clutch off to save my life. I ended up just smashing the housing to get the coil off.
    Last edited by tjhochha; 05-09-2010 at 01:16 AM.

What little that I know about Homie's is that most parts are identical so they should be interchangable. The only difference should be the piston and sleeve. As long as you're keeping it stock it should be fine.
    A big hammer is a cure for a lot of things!

Hey thanks for the fast reply. I think i will start tinkering with my boat again this weekend since i just finished my last final. Finally. I agree with the big hammer thing. I've used big hammers many times on my old 59 Apache and on my 55 Belair.

I got all the parts switched and the engine fired right up with the larger piston and cylinder and new coil. Now all i have to do is wait for monday so i can see how the radio selection is at my local hobby shop since my reciever has been tweaking out and i can't find my transmitter anywhere. i guess that's what i get for taking a year off from boating. It may be another week until I get to drive it since it's supposed to snow here this week.