Notices

Thread: MR Custom Paintin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. MR Custom Paintin 
    ... Excellent. ...

Looking good man! You've got some skills with the blade!

Thanks guys! Years of practice helped out there....

Well after sometime without one, MR Painting finally has a website again.

www.MR-Painting.com

Stop by, check it out and tell me what you think. Designed, and hosted it myself. Lots to learn with all of that. But it really was kinda fun... something more coming soon too. Post that here shortly...

Thanks!

I've been wanting to paint up a shell like this for years... well couple weeks ago, had a customer needing a camo shell. It finally all came together. He wanted camo and let me figure out the rest... Figured a "Flying Tiger" theme from a WWII P-40 would be appropriate. Tossed on a pin-up and called it a day. Well two... took me a bit to airbrush the pin-up. Was quite a challenge, but I am happy with her for my first attempt. As usual everything is hand cut and airbrushed.

Very nice work man! I still can't believe you do all that with a knife!

LOL, thanks man!

Dang Matt you just keep getting better and better!

That's the goal! I try to keep pushing myself with more intricate and difficult designs. Only way to get better...

You da man Matt!!!!

i like,very tidy painting.....there is a lot involved in painting!!

it's a job i think that you well earn the money.

Sweet! It looks tasty!

Very good Job on that one Matt!!!! Look closely at the 5th pic It looks like in the reflection that a garden gnome is taking the picture!!

Quote Originally Posted by LOST IN MN View Post
    Very good Job on that one Matt!!!! Look closely at the 5th pic It looks like in the reflection that a garden gnome is taking the picture!!
    Who's to say there isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXTRAX View Post
    Who's to say there isn't?
    Kind of makes me want to log onto Travelocity and buy a ticket to somewhere ha ha !!!

Ah just road trip to Iowa, I'll manage to get an RC running lol.

All caught up on orders again, and found some old Revo shells in my closet. Figured I'd see what I could come up with. My goal was for the outcome to be different than anything else I've painted. Try some colors I haven't used, or haven't used in a long time. Test out a new pattern or two and go from there. Well here is what I came up with... 100% hand cut and airbrushed as usual. Graphics up front start as pure white, and fade into fluorescent yellow. Outlined in chrome. Next layer is a beautiful pearl black. Been in my paint box for years since I last used it. Its an amazing color in person... This is outlined in fluorescent yellow again. Next layer is MR's custom charcoal CFed into black. Outlined in pure white. Next layer is a deep green, snake skinned with some shadow work. Carbon fibered the bed. Chrome roll bar, white number pods and Chrome MR logos. Window trim was just freshly welded. Lights and grill are painted too. Hopefully you guys like the outcome. And this is for sale if anyone has a 2.5 Revo, and needs a shell...

Maxxtrax, you might want to go take a look @ kotaku.com . They have a article about forza 4 cars and the first one looks alot like the mario shell you did for me. Someone must like your work.... Plus you can find some ideas for upcoming bodies.

Wait...my bad, i just saw who made that car......good job sir !!!!

You want to know something funny....

... that's my design LOL! I am MAXXTRAX77 on XBL. Thanks for the link! That's awesome I made their page!

I showed my son and he freaked..."thats my car" he screamed . I might have to get a xbox afterall.

see that,your costing me more money ;-)

LOL, Forza is a fun game! I'd recommend it...

Pugger, you seen my new site yet? www.MR-Painting.com

Check it out, tell me what you think.

Top notch skills there Matt.. the website is straight and to the point... great job man!

Painted this up for a customers' crawler. Pretty fun shell really with the interior and all. Pretty straight forward design, camo... 100% hand cut and airbrushed. Enjoy!

Finished this up tonight for a customer. He was after a replica of the #32 Dollar General Nascar... hopefully he is happy with the outcome. 100% hand cut and airbrushed as usual. No decals.